IGNORED

Funny uses for an ET cart.....

Cassidy Nolen

In the feverish race to complete the Polo carts for tomorrow, last week Nicole and I spent a lot of time removing cart labels.

As we neared the end, there was a very stubborn label on an ET cart that neither one of us (or the hair dryer we had been using) could remove. So I decided, gee, its just the label, lets heat it up in the microwave?

Well, I think the little guy tried to dial home from the inside of my microwave. Foil label, forgot all about that metallic property. Oops. Flames ensued.

I guess the moral of the story is: Although there are lots of ET carts out there, they do not like the microwave. Of course, if memory serves, neither did Gremlins....and I dont mean the game.

Cassidy

And now a page from the ET cartridge cook book:

Ingredients

Atari 2600 ET Cartridge

Flour

Maple Syrup

Sugar

Cinnamon

Vanilla Ice Cream

Recipe:

Take the ET cartridge and toss into flour. Make sure that the flour covers the entire cartridge. Take some maple syrop and lightly spray it on. Make sure to put some sugar and cinnamon on the top of the cartridge. Place in microwave for 5 minutes and make sure that you turn the cartridge over halfway through the process (unless you have a microwave that turns).

Remove the cartridge carefully as it will be hot. Allow to cool for a few minutes and top with Vanilla Ice Cream and serve.

Enjoy

If you want to see something interesting, try sticking an AOL CD in the microwave... not for too long though, or you could end up burning down your house. A couple of seconds should be enough for a good light show.

--Zero