IGNORED

Amusing thread over at DP

YOK-dfa

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=73083

Well worth the read. In short: Guy finds unreleased NES proto at flea market for $3. Post pictures at DP. Feeding frenzy ensues. Huge flamefest starts over wether or not it should be dumped. Owner of cart gets so pissed off about all the fighting he smashes prototype with hammer and posts pictures of it. Hoax or not? :D

I didn't realize that it was a fake until the butter monster came up. That's a joke among fans of the Sardius Experience, apparently inspired by a thread about butter that popped up here at Atari Age. Sardius and his friends don't care much for Atari collectors, referring to them as "Atari fatties" whenever the opportunity presents itself.

JR

I didn't realize that it was a fake until the butter monster came up.  That's a joke among fans of the Sardius Experience, apparently inspired by a thread about butter that popped up here at Atari Age.  Sardius and his friends don't care much for Atari collectors, referring to them as "Atari fatties" whenever the opportunity presents itself.

JR

957389[/snapback]

Yeah that's when I guessed it too. I didn't know about the threads you mentioned, I heard "butter monster" and "fattie" and immediately thought of the Fat Chicks in Party Hats website.

This is typical of DP. Even moreso if the game was indeed faked.  Every time I go over there I thank God for AA and the good group of people we have over here.

957494[/snapback]

:thumbsup:

Too many mods that lock topics for no reason and then ones like this one are allowed to go 20 pages. :roll:

This is typical of DP. Even moreso if the game was indeed faked.  Every time I go over there I thank God for AA and the good group of people we have over here.

957494[/snapback]

I fail to see how that has to do with the site. Mind you... the very thing it was meant to mock and warn against was posted about here as well (The Zelda III "prototype"). And lest you forget.. the 2600 Turbo thread here amongst others? ;)

DP and Atariage are the same site :)

Sure there have been long thread about fake stuf here as well

Like what? :ponder:

but, things are a bit more orderly here vs DP in that the moderators here do their job... That type of thing can almost be expected from DP.

957621[/snapback]

Mods here are complete trigger-happy assholes, especially that clown CPUWIZ. :roll:

And don't forget the stuff like the hidden code in River Raid to unlock the Balloons :P

957714[/snapback]

Tanks! :roll:

:)

958095[/snapback]

Yeah, I tried to tell 'em there were never any tanks in 2600 River Raid. They asked Carol Shaw directly. It is really cool that she saved her source code and personally looked into the matter. :D

I've maxed River Raid and it never gets any more difficult after about 200,000. But when you try to max River Raid II, you'll be in for some surprises around 500-600K. :ponder: :ponder: But, I don't want to give away the secrets...

Edited by D.Yancey