IGNORED

mamoth toys c64 console

ATARIeric

should mamoth toys release a pug n play console with 2 sticks ?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. should mamoth toys release a pug n play console with 2 sticks ?

• yes
    • no
    • who cares

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Always wanted to, but never owned a C64. Sound slike a good idea, though.

How about a Colecovision, too :)

959767[/snapback]

if you can ever get your hands on one of the C64 plug n play sticks you wont be

disappointed. :)

Too be honest it is my favorite plug n play unit with the FB2 in a very close second

That C64 unit is a blast to play with a great choice of games.  I currently have it stored away to make room for my FB2, but IIRC you can use an AC adaptor with it too.

959744[/snapback]

That would be cool if you can use an AC adaptor especially If you have it hacked up like the way Mr_megabyte has his done. :lust: I need to send him an email and find out if he would hack mine in the future.

I'm very pleased with the C64 30-in-1 unit, but I still voted NO on the poll because I'd like Atari to come out with the FB3 and OWN the retro-cartridge-based-console market all to themselves.

959917[/snapback]

Who is to say atari wouldnt OWN the retro "cartridge based" console market. All I want is a c64 console with built in games & ofcourse a system that can still be hacked like the c64 stick :)

Ugh, that's what I get for posting too late at night. I thought for some reason that you were talking about a cartridge-based system. A FB1/FB2-type product might be nice for C64 fans, especially since it would make it a lot easier to tap into the keyboard/peripheral ports inside and install permanent connectors on the case; it's a lot harder to do that with a tiny integrated joystick. Then again, I'm an Atari person, so I wouldn't go to the trouble regardless.

Actually the Commodore C64 and assets are now owned by a company in the Netherlands and they are working on a C64 in a keyboard.

Curt

Does anyone else besides me want to see mamoth toys release a plug n play c64 console with 2 joysticks like how atari relased the FB1 & FB2 so multi player games can be played ?    I think its time they do  :)

959685[/snapback]

Hi Curt,

Thank you for the info. :)

Eric

Actually the Commodore C64 and assets are now owned by a company in the Netherlands and they are working on a C64 in a keyboard.

Curt

Does anyone else besides me want to see mamoth toys release a plug n play c64 console with 2 joysticks like how atari relased the FB1 & FB2 so multi player games can be played ?     I think its time they do  :)

959685[/snapback]

960767[/snapback]

Hi Curt,

Thank you for the info.  :) 

Eric

Curt

Does anyone else besides me want to see mamoth toys release a plug n play c64 console with 2 joysticks like how atari relased the FB1 & FB2 so multi player games can be played ?    I think its time they do  :)

959685[/snapback]

960767[/snapback]

960821[/snapback]

Um, wasn't that what the C64 actually was anyway? A computer built into a keyboard?

Um, wasn't that what the C64 actually was anyway?  A computer built into a keyboard?

But this one will have built in games making it plug & play :)

961423[/snapback]

Where did you read that at, can ya provide the link?

I hope they make a C64 DTV-II featuring classic EA games!

Signed,

Rick Vendl II

Where did you read that at, can ya provide the link?

I hope they make a C64 DTV-II featuring classic EA games!

Signed,

Rick Vendl II

Hey Rick, Look what Curt said :)

I dont think you & I will be getting a C64 DTV-II any time soon. We are more than likely to get a keyboard with the C64 name on it which will be plug & play :)

thats my guess!

Curt

:thumbsup:

Edited by ATARIeric

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, how often has the C64 changed owners lately? Last I heard it belonged to an American outfit called Yaronimo Media Ventures (or some such thing).

969037[/snapback]

Sounds intresting!

My C64 Dvt has the S-VHS mod, but my real C-64 takes care of all real C-64 stuff!!

Any time frame or pics of the next Dtv????

Give me a few weeks and I'll post more info...

Curt

Wow, how often has the C64 changed owners lately? Last I heard it belonged to an American outfit called Yaronimo Media Ventures (or some such thing).

969037[/snapback]

Sounds intresting!

My C64 Dvt has the S-VHS mod, but my real C-64 takes care of all real C-64 stuff!!

969351[/snapback]

• 1 month later...

Wow I'm pretty excited about this, I loved the C64 as a kid. It's been almost six weeks since your original post, I know your busy but can you tell us anything else?

Curt

969037[/snapback]

Sounds intresting!

969351[/snapback]

969367[/snapback]

Hiya Curt -- It's been a few weeks, got any info?

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Curt

969037[/snapback]

Sounds intresting!

969351[/snapback]

969367[/snapback]

I've heard about the return of a "real" C64. I'd like to see it with a connector for floppy drives like the 1581. I wish they had a built in "JiffyDOS" like system to speed load games and I could purchase some sort of add-in chip for the 1581. Figures some company in the Netherlands owns Commodore. Europe was very big on the "demo scene" as well as the "mod/s3m music scene".

So, on the C64 joystick does Impossible Mission talk?! What is Mission Impossibubble?! I've never seen that and it sounds funny.

I'd like to see a C64 joystick, with 128 or 256mb flash built in, USB connector, and the flash drive would act as a "1541 or 1571 clone" and that joystick would load games you put on it. Now that would rock.

I've heard about the return of a "real" C64. I'd like to see it with a connector for floppy drives like the 1581. I wish they had a built in "JiffyDOS" like system to speed load games and I could purchase some sort of add-in chip for the 1581. Figures some company in the Netherlands owns Commodore. Europe was very big on the "demo scene" as well as the "mod/s3m music scene".

993610[/snapback]

Using some modern technology, it should be possible to overcome many of the 1541's limitations, though whether it would be worthwhile to do so with 5.25" floppies would be another question. What I'd suggest doing would be to have software watch for consecutive memory fetches at the start of the Kernel "load" or "save" routines and switch in a new 8K ROM bank when they are observed. The new 8K ROM could perform its magic and then switch back. Doing things this way would ensure that even software that does a ROM checksum or other such thing would think everything was hunky-dory.

As I see it, the 1541 is (and always has been) the C64's biggest weakness. Fix that, and the machine would be really neat.

So, on the C64 joystick does Impossible Mission talk?! What is Mission Impossibubble?! I've never seen that and it sounds funny.

Yes, Impossible Mission talks - in general the SID clone is quite good except for the missing filters.

You can check out Mission Impossibubble here: http://www.lemon64.com/games/details.php?ID=1695