IGNORED

Worst Jaguar Game?

T2KFREEKER

What is the worst Jaguar game? Let the people speak!  

132 members have voted

1. 1. What is the worst Jaguar game? Let the people speak!

• Iron Soldier.
    • Double Dragon V.
    • Kasumi Ninja.
    • Zool 2.
    • Bubsy.
    • Rayman.
    • Troy Aikman Football.
    • White Men Can't Jump.
    • Club Drive.
    • Checkered Flag.
    • Zoop.
    • Evolution Dino Dudes.
    • Dragon, The Bruce Lee Story.
    • DOOM

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

And how about Battlesphere?? Man I hate to say it but this game is overrated. I found it frustrating and boring, I had more fun with Starmaster on the 2600!!! This was probably my biggest disappointment, after waiting so long to get it and all 

Overrated and overhyped yes, but definetly not a bad game. Just not the greatest Jag game ever created as most of the fan boys would have you believe.

Tempest

Personally I felt I had to have BS/G just to complete my collection & the amount of time I spent playing it, well not a lot. Just couldnt get in to it. I am sure I have said before, but whenever I have taken it to Jagfest shows it really doesnt hold anybodys attention. Whether or not this is due to the fact that the game just isnt right for shows or not I'm not sure. But people just were not that interested in it. Then my fav Jag game is Atari Karts, so there is no accounting for taste. Add to that the six copies of Aircars I own & the fact I have played it from start to finish more than once, makes me think its time to shut up! :D

Anyhoo DD5 for worst jag game ever!!!!!!! :love:

Gaztee

:twisted:

962951[/snapback]

Well, I think the reason BS doesn't hold people attention at shows is because there are better shooters out there. I really loved the graphics on the game, this is what floored me as the game did things I had never seen Jaguar do. I thought that this was good because it got some of the trash talkers to STF up! :x

I was slightly impressed, but not the greates Jaguar game. Very good though. And wahtcha' talking about? Atari Karts is a groovy game, no shame in being a fan! :cool:

Set up a 32 player network game and that will get their attention real fast :cool:

963785[/snapback]

Actually , we had an eight player network a couple of years ago & after the two battles people just walked away. I thik it was the novelty factor that got them to play in the first place. Not many had seen the games nevermind played it! So I dont think even that would work! :sad:

Gaztee

:twisted:

Tempest 2000 was one of those games that could have made the Jag such a sure fire winner.  A few more like that and perhaps the Jag could have been a bigger success than it was ;)

966089[/snapback]

What if they had waited until mid 1994 for the Jaguar launch and included Tempest 2000 as the pack-in instead of Cybermorph?

• 3 months later...

Checkerd Flag would rank as the worst because the game came out at the same time as Virtua Racing an the Genesis....and VR stomped it into the ground thank goodness EB Games would take a game back for any reason at that time I took it back and got Dino Dudes another game that sucked....but not because it wass unplayable like CF you could control the Dino Dude and play the game the way it was intended it just wasn't a fun game....

Checkerd Flag was bad because as you know the controll was bad their was no exscuse for this it was a port of a LINX game that was great...and I know the excuses you just have to get use to it ...I wanted to and I tryed the tap, tap, tap, method it did not do any good drive a minute crash repeat...If control would of just been like every other racing game ever made then it wouldnt of been a bad game it would of been beter than average if the AI was fixed it could of been in the Jaguar top 10 games

you forgot the side scrolling shooter... umm I cant even remember the name

but I rem it was pathetic and featured a guy who had a lion's head??

961265[/snapback]

Yeah, Trevor McFur would have my vote in a heartbeat. Checkered Flag is a close second...

Trevor McFur doesn´t belong in the "Worst game" category by far. I never really understood why people gave the game such a hard time. No in-game music? So what? A lot of the C64 shooters I played a long time ago didn´t have a lot of music either. Didn´t detract one bit.

In fact, Trevor McFur has got one of the more memorable and quirky main themes of the Jaguar collection.

The game is a first generation JAG game, but somehow it doesn´t look as dated as a lot of other games that came out later in the JAG´s life. The ship *IS* admittedly a tad too slow, and would have benefited tremendously from a speed-boost like in the early Gradius games, but even that you pretty quickly adapt your reflexes and senses to.

What i don't get is despite people complaining about them, IS, Doom, and Rayman have no business being on the list.

WHAT ABOUT TOWERS II. I spent $60 at release for this crap game and its the worst excuse for an RPG i've ever seen.

or I-WAR, with the epileptic seizure causing colors, horrible slowdown, this game is much worse than said games that shouldn't be on the list.

Hell, Wolf3d should be on the list before Doom, Wolf 3d is waay to fast. pitty, because it looked very nice on the Jag.

What i don't get is despite people complaining about them, IS, Doom, and Rayman have no business being on the list.

WHAT ABOUT TOWERS II. I spent $60 at release for this crap game and its the worst excuse for an RPG i've ever seen.

or I-WAR, with the epileptic seizure causing colors, horrible slowdown, this game is much worse than said games that shouldn't be on the list.

Hell, Wolf3d should be on the list before Doom, Wolf 3d is waay to fast. pitty, because it looked very nice on the Jag.

Agreed, and as the results clearly show, only 6 or 7 games of the list fit the description. Wouldn´t place Towers II in that group either though.

Trevor McFur doesn´t belong in the "Worst game" category by far. I never really understood why people gave the game such a hard time.

Because it has no in-game music (which was unheard of for a shooter at the time it was released), and because the "level design" was nothing but throwing random enemies at you for five minutes.

and because the "level design" was nothing but throwing random enemies at you for five minutes.

Yeah well, I´ll take random throwing any day over repetitive and predictable patterns. Though it, in your book, was unheard of at the time to have a shooter sans music, I don´t believe it justifies the "crappy game label" that some like to put on it.

Don´t get me wrong, Trevor McFur would never make it into my shooter top 50, but it definitely doesn´t deserve to be placed alongside games like Chequered Flag and DDV.

Yeah well, I´ll take random throwing any day over repetitive and predictable patterns. Though it, in your book, was unheard of at the time to have a shooter sans music, I don´t believe it justifies the "crappy game label" that some like to put on it.

Don´t get me wrong, Trevor McFur would never make it into my shooter top 50, but it definitely doesn´t deserve to be placed alongside games like Chequered Flag and DDV.

Come on it is like torcher to try to play either of these games McFur wins the better game because at least you have some controll over your space ship before you are blown up by a random enemy.

To be honest both games play the same start...last a few minutes crash...go a little more crash.....go a little more explode...

But McFur you get great graphics (No Music, I cant even think of a game on any system from Nintendo on that didn't include some sort of music) and then their is just words between the levels and a picture of a Lion guy

• 2 weeks later...