IGNORED

Worst Jaguar Game?

T2KFREEKER

What is the worst Jaguar game? Let the people speak!  

132 members have voted

1. 1. What is the worst Jaguar game? Let the people speak!

• Iron Soldier.
    • Double Dragon V.
    • Kasumi Ninja.
    • Zool 2.
    • Bubsy.
    • Rayman.
    • Troy Aikman Football.
    • White Men Can't Jump.
    • Club Drive.
    • Checkered Flag.
    • Zoop.
    • Evolution Dino Dudes.
    • Dragon, The Bruce Lee Story.
    • DOOM

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

you forgot the side scrolling shooter... umm I cant even remember the name

but I rem it was pathetic and featured a guy who had a lion's head??

961265[/snapback]

I know that all too well... That's "Trevor Mcfurry", but I love the graphics. ;) That's one game that showed the Jaguar's potential. It's too bad it didn't turn out better.

Here's a good question I'd like to know... If you could changes something different to a bad Jaguar game to make it better, what would it be?

961806[/snapback]

The tragedy of CF is that it could have been quite a decent racing game if Atari had tweaked controls prior to release. I've often thought that it would be the perfect candidate for a hack. :)

Most of the Jag's other problem children suffer from conceptual flaws which probably can't be fixed easily. I've always hated Flip Out, for instance, and can't think that any fix would work short of changing it into a completely different game.

I've always thought that Checkered Flag's frame rate could be fixed with some better coding.  It would be nice if the source was found for it.  I assume rebellion still has it somewhere...

Tempest

961841[/snapback]

Hey... What just happened? I posted that. Not Tempest. :? :? :?:

I've always thought that Checkered Flag's frame rate could be fixed with some better coding.  It would be nice if the source was found for it.  I assume rebellion still has it somewhere...

Tempest

961841[/snapback]

Hey... What just happened? I posted that. Not Tempest. :? :? :?:

961852[/snapback]

Sorry about that... I thought my computer was freaking out on me. (Embarrasing :ponder: ;) ) Please resist the temptation to laugh :P :D

Anyways... I remember a while back when I was comparing the 32X version "Virtue Racing" to the Jaguar's "Checkard Flag" and before I know what the Jaggy was capable of doing, it often puzzle me why the frame rate to Checkard Flag be as smooth as Virtue Racer. Has anyone ever requested the source to Checkard Flag?

I tried Double Dragon once. That was pretty bad.

Here's the thing about bad games... you tend to forget them. I mean, I would really have to strain to remember the bad ones, and I have many. But I have almost as many good ones too.

Doom is awesome! I've heard many Doom players liked the version of the Jag for how it flowed and looked. They were disappointed that the mods could not be added, but liked the gameplay. That is what I've heard from many fans of the original Doom.

I never understood how somebody could let games like that out the door. Who was it at Atari that gave the go ahead to produce games like Checkered Flag or Trevor McFur?

962231[/snapback]

I'm there with you. These games should never have been released but I think they were just in desperate need of games. Look at how few were released. They underestimated development time. I could bet that a "game" like Club Drive never was intended to be a game. I am sure someone just played around with a few polys to get a feel of the Jag and then they told him to turn it into a game to have more software. Or Trevor mc fur. It is nothing more than a dmo to demonstrate how many objects the jag can handle. It's not coherent in enemy design nor does it have music etc.....so I guess these titles all were rushed. I bet Atari themselve imagined something else for the release like AvP and IS but those took too long and even them were not finished, especially AvP. IS only for the missing linkplay.

Greetings

Peter

:razz: Where's "Fight for Life" on this list?

I voted for White Men Can't Jump. Terrible, ugly, slow, uncontrollable game. I guess the Team Tap was kinda sorta neat, but the only games that supported it were the two basketball games. :P

Club Drive had some fun exploration in its blocky little world. I was happy to play this game for $5 -- it's like a cruddy version of Vette! or San Francisco Rush.

Checkered Flag was like a cruddy version of Virtua Racing but had some polygonal thrills. Again, not terrible if you didn't pay much.

Iron Soldier and Doom don't belong on this list. Both were great at the time.

Fight For Life is ugly, slow, boring, and glitchy. I dub it Worst. Jag game. Ever.

You know what the problem with alot of the Jaguar Catalog of games? Alot of them don't even come close to really tapping into what the Jaguar can do. I was so upset with all of the SNES and Genesis ports to the system. The machine would have lasted longer, by a long shot, if more original games that showed off the power of the hardware would have came out. Us at Gamedude, back in the day, were waithing for Fight For Life, AVP, and IS2 on the Jaguar CD. Mortal Kombat 3 would have been nice too. None came out except for IS2 and that was after the Jaguar was already considered quiet dead. It really was a bummer. We loved networking the Jags and playing DOOM though. It was fun.

I voted for Double Dragon V, what a waste of the Double Dragon name. You constantly get the crap beaten out of you no matter what you do :x I would have voted for Blue Lightning had it been on the list for I bought the Jaguar CD for that title only to wish I hadn't. It stunk bad ;)

I never understood how somebody could let games like that out the door. Who was it at Atari that gave the go ahead to produce games like Checkered Flag or Trevor McFur?

962231[/snapback]

I'm there with you. These games should never have been released but I think they were just in desperate need of games. Look at how few were released. They underestimated development time. I could bet that a "game" like Club Drive never was intended to be a game. I am sure someone just played around with a few polys to get a feel of the Jag and then they told him to turn it into a game to have more software. Or Trevor mc fur. It is nothing more than a dmo to demonstrate how many objects the jag can handle. It's not coherent in enemy design nor does it have music etc.....so I guess these titles all were rushed. I bet Atari themselve imagined something else for the release like AvP and IS but those took too long and even them were not finished, especially AvP. IS only for the missing linkplay.

Greetings

Peter

962271[/snapback]

Actually Trevor McFur and Cybermorph were both Panther games that were 'ported' to the Jag for quick launch titles. I always though that if someone would have hacked music into Trevor McFur it wouldn't be that bad of a game. I kind of liked it...

Tempest

Actually Trevor McFur and Cybermorph were both Panther games that were 'ported' to the Jag for quick launch titles.  I always though that if someone would have hacked music into Trevor McFur it wouldn't be that bad of a game.  I kind of liked it...

Tempest

962689[/snapback]

It doesn't make too much sense that those games were sorely underproduced since they were working on them since the Panther days. You'd think that something as obvious as music would make it into the final products. Music would have made Trevor McFur better but the dynamics of the game were FAR off from a decent side scroller. Play that and then play a game like R-Type or Gradius 3 and feel the difference.

When I fist saw the list I thought I was hallucinating :

- Iron Soldier : one of the best jaguar games

- Double Dragon V : an error

- Kasumi Ninja : not good bu certainly not the worst Jaguar Game

- Zool 2 : very fun

- Bubsy : unplayble but not that bad

- Rayman : what the hell is this game doing on this list

- Troy Aikman Football :forget the graphic this game is not that bad

- White Men Can't Jump : average but not bad

- Club Drive : I hesitate because th gameplay is horrible

- Checkered Flag : Well I finished it and made a complete solution of this one but it is all

- Zoop : some say it is fun, I never understood why

- Evolution Dino Dudes : very fun I think

- Dragon, The Bruce Lee Story : a nice game

- DOOM : excelent game

I voted for Double Dragon 5 because of tre ameplay and animaion more than the graphic.

THis game should have not appeared, how could someone let this thing happen.

>> I found this message interesting so I thought I would comment. - Doc Clu

When I fist saw the list I thought I was hallucinating :

- Iron Soldier : one of the best jaguar games

>> Yep, really is. I think they need to make a IS1,2, and 3 package for current game systems!

- Double Dragon V : an error

>> This one got my vote

- Kasumi Ninja : not good bu certainly not the worst Jaguar Game

>> A fun game when played with a friend.

- Zool 2 : very fun

>> Yes, the Jaguar's Sonic truly.

- Bubsy : unplayble but not that bad

>> Why thank you!

- Rayman : what the hell is this game doing on this list

>> No kid!

- Troy Aikman Football :forget the graphic this game is not that bad

- White Men Can't Jump : average but not bad

>> I am no expert on sports games.

- Club Drive : I hesitate because th gameplay is horrible

>> Another great game if you have a friend over. I love where you are a toy car driving around in a big house. Blocky graphics but I thought fun. And many hidden areas in the game.

- Checkered Flag : Well I finished it and made a complete solution of this one but it is all

>> Checkered Flag is playable only if you go like 5 miles per hour around turns. Good graphics. Would be great if it could be hacked.

- Zoop : some say it is fun, I never understood why

>> I never could get into this game.

- Evolution Dino Dudes : very fun I think

>> A fun lemmings like game. Never got too far in this one.

- Dragon, The Bruce Lee Story : a nice game

>> Man, this game really pissed me off once and I threw it across the room. That was five years ago. I think I might have cooled off enough to try this again.

- DOOM : excelent game

>> Oh man.. Doom & Tempest. Those are the bomb! Battlesphere stands just a little lower than those two in my book. But unlike Battlesphere, I play Doom and Tempest a heck of a lot more.

>> Blue Lightning is a good game if you forget it is a jet plane game and maybe imagine it is a first person version of Zaxxon or something.

You know it, it is not like the Jaguar has more crappier games than other game systems, it is just that we had fewer to choose from, so we actually REMEMBER the bad ones.

On other systems, the bad games hit the $1 table and are forgotten as they are trampled by a mass of average and good games.

Glad to see that DD5 is now in the lead, a title it would be worthy of! :D

Personally liked CF, you sorta get used to the controls.

FFL man is this a bad game, really up there with best of the worst!

And how about Battlesphere?? Man I hate to say it but this game is overrated. I found it frustrating and boring, I had more fun with Starmaster on the 2600!!! This was probably my biggest disappointment, after waiting so long to get it and all :sad:

Gaztee

:twisted:

And how about Battlesphere?? Man I hate to say it but this game is overrated. I found it frustrating and boring, I had more fun with Starmaster on the 2600!!! This was probably my biggest disappointment, after waiting so long to get it and all :sad:

Overrated and overhyped yes, but definetly not a bad game. Just not the greatest Jag game ever created as most of the fan boys would have you believe.

Tempest

I liked Battlesphere, and just for the record, I enjoyed Rayman, Zool 2, and Bubsy, but calling any of these games "The Jaguars Sonic" or "Mario" for that matter, is a brave statement to make as I really must dissagree with that one. I wish the system had a game I could call that, but it doesn't. Just because it's a side scrolling platformer doesn't make it Sonic or Mario. It's like trying to compare Hydro Thunder, Wipeout, and Ridge Racer. They may all be racing games, but they sure as hell are not the same.

And how about Battlesphere?? Man I hate to say it but this game is overrated. I found it frustrating and boring, I had more fun with Starmaster on the 2600!!! This was probably my biggest disappointment, after waiting so long to get it and all 

Overrated and overhyped yes, but definetly not a bad game. Just not the greatest Jag game ever created as most of the fan boys would have you believe.

Tempest

Personally I felt I had to have BS/G just to complete my collection & the amount of time I spent playing it, well not a lot. Just couldnt get in to it. I am sure I have said before, but whenever I have taken it to Jagfest shows it really doesnt hold anybodys attention. Whether or not this is due to the fact that the game just isnt right for shows or not I'm not sure. But people just were not that interested in it. Then my fav Jag game is Atari Karts, so there is no accounting for taste. Add to that the six copies of Aircars I own & the fact I have played it from start to finish more than once, makes me think its time to shut up! :D

Anyhoo DD5 for worst jag game ever!!!!!!! :love:

Gaztee

:twisted: