IGNORED

VOTE-Most Wanted Console-2-ColecoVision Conversion

ColecoNation

The Arcade-to-ColecoVision vote is all said and done and now we want to know what other games you want to see translated to the ColecoVision.

As a continued service to ColecoVision fans and programmers everywhere, ColecoNation is having another election and only you can make it a success! We're asking each and every one of you to let us know:

What are the top three console/computer games that you most want to see translated to the ColecoVision?

Once you've numbered your top three choices (with the first being the most desired), either send us an email or post your vote here. The more votes we have, the more informed the programming community will be about what the fans wants.

Thanks and have fun!

+ Nathan

ColecoNation | A monthly assemblage of items pertaining to inspired by the ColecoVision - Arcade Quality Video Game System.

www.ColecoNation.com

coleconation@yahoo.com

Yeah, this vote isn't going as smoothly as the first one...

I know we all love arcade games, but what non-arcade do you want to see on the ColecoVision? It could be an Atari or Intellivision game, it could be a C64 or Vic game, heck, it could even be a Playstation 2 game for all I care.

Maybe this is too broad of a question, but I know all you out there play more than classic arcade games. Let's pump it up and see what we can come up with!

+ Nathan

Okay, I guess Pole Position is out. Actually, I like this better:

1. LodeRunner (A800)

2. Skiing (2600)

3. Klax (Lynx)

Apologies if any of these were ever on arcade machines. ;)

5-11under

1. Skiing (2600)

2. Klax (Lynx)

3. Pole Position (A800)

5-11under

963852[/snapback]

Okay, I'll just re-post the small non-arcade list I included in my other post within the arcade-to-CV thread:

1) Star Wars - The Empire Strikes Back: A port of Atari 2600 game with improved graphics. I'm not sure the CV can handle the horizontal scrolling well enough though, so a word of caution to any homebrew developer who could ever want to port this game: Choppy side-scrolling could ruin the experience.

2) Remakes of the Atari 2600 SwordQuest games: If it was up to me, I would improve the graphics (especially in the mini-games) as well as the music, add a few bells and whistles here and there, and have the hidden clues displayed as words, not page numbers that refer to the comic books. This could really be a fun homebrew project for experienced CV programmers.

3) Adventure: A port of the classic Atari 2600 game with more skill levels, bigger maps and a few more items. I wouldn't want a monster-sized expansion like Indenture though, just something larger than the original world, but not so large as to make a hand-drawn map an absolute necessity.

If I may, I'd like to add a fourth choice:

4) Space Shuttle- A Journey Into Space: A port of the Atari 2600 Activision game that would use the CV keypad for control switches (Engines, Cargo Bay Doors, Landing Gear, Status computer screens, etc.). Considering the primitive hardware it was designed for, the original game was a masterpiece in realistic flight simulation, which involved the technical input of some people at NASA. Recreating the game on the CV would be one heck of an achievement.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...