IGNORED

Berzerk on My Name Is Earl

cryptik76

On tonight's episode, Darnell is playing the Atari 2600 version of Berzerk (it looked authentic too, down to the system and joystick). Earl comments on the nice score, and Darnell says something like, "Yeah, this one's going on the wall of fame" and motions in the direction of the wall, which has a bunch of polaroids of Berzerk screens with scores written underneath.

I thought that was pretty cool.

You sum-bitch, you beat me to this post! :D

I am glued to this show because I am a Subaru BRAT fanatic, www.SubaruBrat.com and they have a few BRATs in that show. There is a white 84 with the seats and an American flag paint job, a red 82 (NOT to be confused with the ElCamino) and a grey Gen 1 BRAT. There are many threads on the old school Subaru boards about it now we have the Atari! And that Joy..... GGRRRRRR

Edited by Pipercub

I am downloading the episode now. I saw the game, it looked like a mock-up of Berzerk. The joystick looked like a normal CX-40. I don't know but "Berzerker" as he called it may be a reference to Clerks or maybe Mallrats(which he stared in) or maybe I have watched those movies too many times. As I keep refering to Randy as Willem.

I love this show, tonight was the first time I caught it on TV. I have every episode so far downloaded. I am also a Jason Lee fan, which is the only reason I gave this show a chance in the first place. Well, that and it isn't another reality show.

EDIT: Screencaps added.

post-5085-1132136489_thumb.png

post-5085-1132136505_thumb.png

post-5085-1132136517_thumb.png

post-5085-1132136976_thumb.png

Edited by elliott

Shame on you guys for not noticing the snippet of Donkey Kong audio in the pizza parlor.

Or for not mentioning his six-digit scores on Berzerk! It's hard enough to get a five-digit score before it gets too hard to play.

I'm hooked on this show because of the great writing and directing (and all the crazy but brilliant camera work, like inside the kiddie pipes). I could tell when I first saw the preview for it that this show had an attitude I could appreciate.

And as for calling it "Berserker", 1) they're country folks and would likely get names like that wrong even when they're written right where they can be seen, and 2) it would probably have had trademark problems if they hadn't. Hey, that's close enough to know that someone knows their classic video games beyond Pac-Man.

Edited by Bruce Tomlin

Shame on you guys for not noticing the snippet of Donkey Kong audio in the pizza parlor.

966548[/snapback]

Yeah, I heard that. It was the arcade Donkey Kong sound instead of the 2600 version that is used everywhere, so that was nice and believable. Speaking of believable, the white trash kids rubbing pizza on the windows was believable too. I've seen kids do that and worse.

• 5 months later...