IGNORED

Bugs Bunny Easter Egg Hunt

Albert

Ok this is a little off topic, but I noticed this while trying to find the initials last night. What happened to the bonus timer? There used to be a little bonus timer at the bottom of the screen that counted down when you dug up a carrot, you got x amount of bonus points (whatever was on the timer) by jumping in the hole. I think the timer counted down from 10 to 0. There are some other differences from the earlier version as well. Has anybody documented them all?

* Elmer's House is at the top of the screen

* Two Player mode is implimented

* You can now steal bullets

* The initials are now able to be triggered

* There is some extra animation and sounds when Bugs misses the hole

* The bonus counter is missing

* The level colors are different and there are more of them

* The hole size is selectable (this might have been in the earlier version)

* I think the animation between screens now adds Elmer and the Dog chasing Bugs and the Carrot (I don't remember if this was in the earlier version or not).

Tempest

quote:

Originally posted by MattyXB:

So the easteregg work only in the new version? But from this is no ROM out. And I don't own it.

Yes, I was already wondering how you got that new ROM so fast.

I got it from a very nice person who is probably watching this thread.

(Sorry, but I will not distribute it!)

quote:

Originally posted by Tempest:

* The level colors are different and there are more of them

The level colors (on the bottom) are the same. The only difference is you only see the intermission once (after the 8th screen). After screen 16, it goes right to screen 1.

quote:

* The hole size is selectable (this might have been in the earlier version)

It's not in the 1st version.

quote:

* I think the animation between screens now adds Elmer and the Dog chasing Bugs and the Carrot (I don't remember if this was in the earlier version or not).

The only difference in the intermission is Elmer's dog is added in the 2-player version.

Besides the bonus timer, the 1st version's scoring is much lower, and you get an extra life at every 100 points.

There's also some "safe areas" in both versions. In the 1st version, you can stand at either the left or right screen edge and Elmer can't hit you (if you're on the right side, you'll see his bullet wrap-around the edge a few times on the way down!)

On the 2nd version, you can sit at the left side on the lower levels. When Elmer reaches the left side, he'll wrap-around to the right! You're not safe on the right side. If you sit on the right side, he'll stay inside the house and shoot through it (and hit you)!

quote:

Originally posted by Scott Stilphen:

Thanks, but Numan gets the credit for this one. I'm just trying to help confirm how he did it

Numan- please email me when you get a chance. I want to include your name and info on my Easter egg site.

what's the addy for your easter egg site?

quote:

Originally posted by Scott Stilphen:

...and for my site

...And for AtariAge. I have the cart and a dumper and will dump it to take screenshots, but I am not going to distribute it as per Joe Cody's request. I am hoping they will allow the game to be publically distributed after they sell their remaining Bugs Bunny inventory.

..Al