IGNORED

Guitar Heroes

atarilovesyou

The hardest thing is when the beats don't match up to any guitar you hear in the song, like a dotted note...kills streaks dead.

997173[/snapback]

I've always considered this the gravest sin in any rhythm game.

I can deal with skipping notes on easier levels, but when they have a note that comes without a corresponding note in the music, my brain freezes because it feels like I'm doing something wrong.

The music definately needs to drive the gameplay.

Heh, Bark at the Moon is a fun one, although I suck on the solo. You are using your star power, right? It definitely helps build up your score & meter either before or after a tough section.

Got it for Xmas, and played through normal career mode (normal) that morning. I haven't played it since, although, that's due to being out of town and stupid Animal Crossing sucking up my time as opposed to any flaw with the game. It's great fun... I really should pick it up again.

Heh, Bark at the Moon is a fun one, although I suck on the solo.  You are using your star power, right?  It definitely helps build up your score & meter either before or after a tough section.

1000273[/snapback]

I can't even get to the solo. I can only get about 25% of the way through it.

I just unlocked the Grim Reaper and he rocks, playing songs like Symphony of Destruction and Heart Full of Black with the Grim Reaper is just funny.

Tempest

Congrats !

The game is such a time sucker.

By the time I 5 star a song, a whole night has passed away in what feels like minutes.

I have had the game since Christmas and have been playing on normal mode, but I refuse to go on to the next level until I 5 star the entire set list from the current level.

I am three songs into the 3rd set list, so it will be a long time until I get to Bark at the Moon. :sad:

Well I passed Crossroads today and got to the final concert.  I even passed Cowboys From Hell on the first try too (just bearly).  Now I'm down to Bark at the Moon and it's seriously kicking my ass!  Any tips on how to beat this bastard?

Tempest

1000088[/snapback]

After watching Tempest master Bark at the Moon yesterday and getting to try this myself, I'm now looking forward to getting a copy of the game. JUST LIKE THE PIED PIE-PAHH, LET RATS THROUGH THE STREEETS...

I just started playing on Hard after 4 or 5 starring everything on medium (except Bark at the Moon and Cowboys From Hell). Hard is lots of fun as the notes actually line up with the music now. I especially like the solos since they match what I've always heard in the music. They're hard, but I can actually play them.

I also went back to easy just to get 5 stars on eveything. Easy seems so boring now, it's like "my first guitar lesson". I can't believe I was actually having trouble with it at one point. :)

I'm still having trouble with Heart Full of Black on hard. Right around the time it gets to where the song goes "Show Me. Show Me. Show Me...." and it has all those notes in a row, I can't seem to get the rhythm down. Either I'm strumming too fast or too slow.

Tempest

Wooo for Guitar Hero. I really, really hope they make a second one. From the looks of the sales, I'd say its pretty likely. Tempest, the next time we have a meet up, maybe we could jam on some Guitar Freaks, because the skill pretty much transfers right over to that game. Atleast, in my case it does. And MMF, you were in town recently? Would've been cool to have a mini-meetup so we could finally meet. Oh well. Maybe next time.

Oh yeah, forgot to add. I've only got 2 more songs to go. Cowboys from Hell and Bark at the Moon on Expert. I played one 'Easy' song and realized that is a lame starting point, so I ran trough Medium in a few hours. Hard wasn't that bad, but there were a few songs I had to play a couple times. Expert, however, is just that. I'd say there were only like 5 songs I beat the first time through, and even then barely passing them. I also think that it's impossible to get less then 3 stars, because if you do any worse you just fail.

Edited by Mr.FoodMonster

Wooo for Guitar Hero. I really, really hope they make a second one. From the looks of the sales, I'd say its pretty likely. Tempest, the next time we have a meet up, maybe we could jam on some Guitar Freaks, because the skill pretty much transfers right over to that game. Atleast, in my case it does. And MMF, you were in town recently? Would've been cool to have a mini-meetup so we could finally meet. Oh well. Maybe next time.

Oh yeah, forgot to add. I've only got 2 more songs to go. Cowboys from Hell and Bark at the Moon on Expert. I played one 'Easy' song and realized that is a lame starting point, so I ran trough Medium in a few hours. Hard wasn't that bad, but there were a few songs I had to play a couple times. Expert, however, is just that. I'd say there were only like 5 songs I beat the first time through, and even then barely passing them. I also think that it's impossible to get less then 3 stars, because if you do any worse you just fail.

1004536[/snapback]

We need to have another meet sometime in here, it's been too long. I don't think I've actually ever played Guitar Freaks, I should try it now...

You can't get less than 3 stars. Take it form someone who passed a song while spending most of the time in the red. Kind of strange when you think about it.

Tempest

Man I just got to Bark at the Moon last night (playing Medium on career mode) and I friggin struggled like shit! I passed the song but I can only imagine how it is on Hard or Expert. Funny because that's a relatively easy song to play on guitar including the solo. But holy crap, on Guitar Hero it's a finger twister :lol:

By the way, anyone else besides myself play Guitar Hero with a pick? :)

Man I just got to Bark at the Moon last night (playing Medium on career mode) and I friggin struggled like shit! I passed the song but I can only imagine how it is on Hard or Expert. Funny because that's a relatively easy song to play on guitar including the solo. But holy crap, on Guitar Hero it's a finger twister :lol:

1004563[/snapback]

I think it's the crazy chords. I swear to god I'll never master the yellow/orange or green/blue chords. My fingers just don't want to work that way...

My biggest problem is that when I hit a bunch of the same note in a row I tend to loose my rhythm. I think I'm trying to strum too fast or something...

Tempest

...if you can find the video on the Buckethead website (it's a strange place!), you can see (who I assume) is him in his 'toybox' playing Guitar Hero pedal-steel style, with the guitar on his lap, and looked to be doing quite well with him...but then again you listen to Buckethead play actual guitar for 30 seconds and you realize the guy is just amazing!

I haven't played it in a while now as I'm working through a lot more real guitar lately, but for a quick rip I throw it in every now and then. I too will be anxiously awaiting the sequel to hear some new tunes!

Props to those who can do anything on this game at expert level!...a little too much of a time commitment for me, but I need to unlock the Reaper yet, so I guess I'll have to book some GH time in the near future!

This game shocked the heck out of me. I tried it out in Best Buy today. After I figured it out my fiancee told me I had a small crowd of people watching me play. I was totally oblivious because I was that into the game. I kind of liked Parappa the Rapper back on the PS1 but comparing the two would be like comparing Resident Evil 1 to Resident 4 IMO. It's a great music/rythum game. The only bad point is the price at $70 with guitar controller.

After playing hard mode for awhile, I can't believe how slow normal is. I was finally able to 5 star Stellar and Cochise. I think I can 4 star Bark at the Moon and Cowboys from Hell if I work at it some. They're not nearly as hard as I seemed to remember.

Tempest

I'm not anywhere near being ready for hard yet, but I enjoy wailing on easy and hope to soon be able to master medium. What shocked me was that having never heard Ziggy Stardust before, I 4*'d it on the first try. Freakin' sweet. :D

I've tried to do Guitar Hero "lap style" and find it just doesn't work - it inhibits my ability to wail and star power is a total bitch to activate. The only way to play is put that strap over your shoulder and thrash, baby thrash!

I'm not anywhere near being ready for hard yet, but I enjoy wailing on easy and hope to soon be able to master medium.  What shocked me was that having never heard Ziggy Stardust before, I 4*'d it on the first try.  Freakin' sweet. :D

1005107[/snapback]

Ziggy is pretty easy, I think they put it in there as a breather. There's usually one of those in each set (I Love Rock and Roll, More Than a Feeling, Hey You, Ziggy Stardust, Higher Ground, Godzilla). Interesting side note on Ziggy: The solo was made specifically for Guitar Heroes, the real song doesn't have it. Personally I like the GH version of the song better than the real one... :)

Tempest

I'm getting further into Hard and it's pretty rough. I'm able to three star everything, but not much more. I'm currently stuck on Take It Off because the repetative riff is really hard. Unsung on Hard is an arm killer. Not hard, but just painful on the arm.

Tempest

I'm getting further into Hard and it's pretty rough.  I'm able to three star everything, but not much more.  I'm currently stuck on Take It Off because the repetative riff is really hard.  Unsung on Hard is an arm killer.  Not hard, but just painful on the arm.

Tempest

1005507[/snapback]

Oh man, you're going to hate Expert sooooo much. This is basically why I cant beat Cowboys from Hell. Although, I made it almost to the same part I got stuck on last time. I just gotta keep trying.