IGNORED

I went to FIVE Goodwill stores today and here's what I found

BatmiteReturns

NOTHING!

We went on a road trip today and drove about 200 miles round trip. I looked on the map and found 5 Goodwill stores through out the area we were visiting and thought I would give them a try.

Big mistake.

I didn't find *ONE* video game or video game accessory.

What a crappy day. :P

I hit 4 to 5 Goodwills in FLA when I was coming back from vacation. I lost count, but the first 3 or 4 had NOTHING but smelly clothes. But at the last Goodwill before highway 19 turned into a scene from Delieverance, I found about 20 games, 6 of which I didn't have. That included Big Bird's Egg Catch and Worm War I. Thrift stores are no longer a good source for video games. All hail ebay!

The best deal was 10 Genesis games I got from a video store going out of buisness 10 minutes later. That cost me 10 bucks.

Cousin Vinnie www.bigfishusa.com/7800

Well, it's good to hear that I'm not the only one not generally finding anything.

I guess I shouldn't say that though, a week ago, I managed to find a TON of stuff, which was probably my biggest haul in a long time... but that was pretty much it for the last year or so. I actually almost never bother going to the GoodWill stores around here any more. I've made a few small finds there, but in general, I'm just disappointed. Maybe I'll take a trip down there next week...

--Zero

Well usually I find *something* at the Goodwill stores but not today.

It was pretty harsh out there.

My wife mentioned to me that Goodwill is selling alot of their stuff online now so maybe that is why they have dried up.

I remember 4 or 5 years ago hitting the thrift stores and always seeing Atari 2600 consoles.

Not anymore though. :-(

I think the problem with going to Goodwill specifically is that they now have a nationwide auction site at www.shopgoodwill.com and the prices they are getting for video game eqipment is probably even higher than eBay now. I used to use Goodwill's auction site to get Atari 2600's and 15 games for $10, that same setup will go for $50-75. That's why you won't find anything anymore at Goodwill.

I was in Goodwill and Value Village today.

Goodwill has had a bare Sega Genesis (no cables, ps, or controllers) for about C$8 for months.

Value Village had 1 SMS (I think) cartridge in with the video cassettes. It also had another bare Sega Genesis (C$12) and a front-loading NES (also C$12). Oh, and an obviously badly damaged TI computer switchbox for C$6.

This is the most I have seen in stock at one time in over a year. I bought some books instead.