Sign in to follow this  
Atariboy2600

The Thing & Atari.

For years I injoy wacthing The 1982 The Thing and I see two Atari item in the movie as props I know this may had told before but here's some screengrab of the film with both an Atari VCS consoles and a full arcade game of Asteroids Deluxe in the background.

post-5587-1133258654_thumb.jpg

post-5587-1133258669_thumb.jpg

post-5587-1133258683_thumb.jpg

post-5587-1133258693_thumb.jpg

Im also wondering if there anyway to say hack an old Atari game Alien into The Thing like the title of the game on the main screen from ALIEN to THING if so that would be great and I already made labels just in case.

post-5587-1133259062_thumb.jpg

post-5587-1133259071_thumb.jpg

post-5587-1133259090_thumb.jpg

post-5587-1133259102_thumb.jpg

Wait, what was he playing at the start of the movie? You know, the one that made him mad so he poured his beverage on it and shorted it out? I always thought it was an Atari 800 for some reason. (I've never seen an 800 so please excuse me)

Wait, what was he playing at the start of the movie? You know, the one that made him mad so he poured his beverage on it and shorted it out? I always thought it was an Atari 800 for some reason. (I've never seen an 800 so please excuse me)

973483[/snapback]

"Cheatin' bitch!" The Chess Wizard. I don't think it was an Atari 800, but I could be wrong.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. It's been a while since I've seen the movie. I remember it was chess he was playing just couldn't remember if it was a system or not. Thanks again!

973483[/snapback]

Here you go.

post-5587-1133280413_thumb.jpg

post-5587-1133280422_thumb.jpg

post-5587-1133280431_thumb.jpg

Apple II+ me thinks...

973883[/snapback]

I'm thinking the same thing - I don't know if the IIe had stickers on the spacebar to tell how much RAM they had, but I know that the II+ line did.

I was only guessing about it being a //e. It looks like an Apple something to me from back then. And who is to say that the movie designers didn't change the computer a bit to make it more generic looking? So the stickers could have been added onto it for just the movie. However, I have this movie on laserdisc but in Pan N Scan and I didn't know there was a VCS in the movie. I will have to watch it again, but I am beginning to think that it might be cut off in my version for the 4:3 aspect and you don't actually see it.

Cool to see it is in the movie though!