IGNORED

What kind of game would you fund if you could?

Flojomojo

I'd love to see the "Blue Roses" engine put to better use on the GBA. Maybe the old Wing Commander games, or an X-Wing/TIE Fighter "re-imagining."

I'd settle the Elite controversy once and for all. Then I'd release the concept into the public domain to let the cloners do their thing.

I'd put Star Control 2 on a major console platform, including a handheld system.

I'd bring back the space shooter and put it online - Battlesphere or X-Wing Alliance on XBOX Live would be like a dream.

I'd port NetHack and Doom to every system they haven't touched yet. There are too many mobile phones out there without these important games.

I'd buy the SCUMM games out from LucasArts and set them free, and fund a studio who does nothing but amusing graphic adventure games.

How about you?

I would make sega make a decent collection for once. Like a shinobi collection and a sor collection and maybe even a panzer dragoon collection. Sega had the right idea re-mastering the games but they need to actually try. Also more rail shooters, like a sequel to rez that changes depending on the music you put in like vib ribbon.

And good star wars game on the DS would be great, I always thought and advanced wars style clone wars game would be awesome.

Edited by sega saturn x

I'd fund something like having all of the major developers for XBOX could make a "Multiplayer Only" game. They seem to have the best developers, Rare, Bungie, Ubi. If you could get them all at one table for a multiplayer FPS, it would be brilliant.

Edited by Famicoman

I'd love to see the "Blue Roses" engine put to better use on the GBA. Maybe the old Wing Commander games, or an X-Wing/TIE Fighter "re-imagining."

978195[/snapback]

I like the way you think. BlueRoses is a nice 3D engine. The GBA has not yet reached its true potential, as far as 3D goes, despite Wing Commander Prophecy and Kill.Switch.

Personally, I would fund a few sequels. Freespace, Urban Chaos, Blade of Darkness, Freedom Fighters, Outcast, Deus Ex, Thief, System Shock, Anachronox, Re-Volt, Rune, Rocket Jockey, Interstate 76, Oni, Die by the Sword, Max Payne, and No One Lives Forever need some proper new sequels.

I would also fund an original action-RPG with the Dungeon Siege engine, using the setting and fighting system of the obscure action-RPG Blade & Sword. Something with a lot of different fighting moves. It would be similar to the PSP game Kingdom of Paradise, but with more complex moves and physics. Maybe with a fully interactive environment, with tables that can be knocked over and thrown towards the enemy. Something like Half-Life 2's physics engine.

Then I would fund a 3D version of Diablo for the DS.

Then I would create my magnum opus, a 3D flying action game (similar to Crimson Skies) in the world of toys, where outdoor settings become sprawling battlefields of warring tanks, planes, mechs, little army soldiers, etc. Sort of like Airfix Dogfighter, only much much more ambitious.

Fantastic Question! I'd do some fairly unusual stuff........

First a collection of Light Gun Game Simulations of old Electro-Mechanical Light Gun Arcade Games in order to preserve the experience and make it available to future generations. Including some of my historical favorites:

Haunted House -Midway 1972

Arctic Gun - Williams 1967

Stockade - Williams 1972

Wild Kingdom - 1971 Midway

One Million BC - 1969 Midway

Aquagun - Williams 1968

And many, many more!

Then.......

1) A port of Savage Quest (arcade) to PC or PS3

2) Re-Volt 2

3) Dungeon Keeper 3

4) A bunch of Atari 2600 ports, remakes, and original ideas

Archon, Gold Miner, Frostbite 2, Dragonfire 2, Logan's Run, Enemy Mine, Princess Bride (as above), several more

5) A version of Battlefield 1942 with added features I want and decent AI

And Finally...... My own version of Mame32

That's just off the top of my head though :)

I'd put Star Control 2 on a major console platform, including a handheld system.

978195[/snapback]

I'd like to play a new Star Control game based on the the 3DO version of Star Control 2, but with more randomness and replayability. The Alien races could be reassigned to different areas each time you play a new game.

I'd dump a ton of money into Grand Theft Auto: Total Destruction so they can figure out a way to have a more realistic feeling game world where more objects are destructible, including walls and buildings. Every building has an inside instead of being lifeless blocks of nothing with 'decals' wrapped around the outside.

I would fund a new Battle Chess with modern 3rd person combat similar to Unreal Championship on the Xbox, where you fight for a square on the board rather than just taking it.

I'd also fund a modern Cyberball remake, with the absence of the NFL license from the marketplace (besides EA's Madden). That license has been dormant since the Lynx, if I remember correctly.

I also wholeheartedly pledge my three dollars to the Wing Commander, Sierra "Quest" games, and Star Control reccomendations.

More point and click adventure games for the DS (Trace Memory wold have been incredible if the difficulty were higher).

I stole this one from someone on the N-Gage forums: A GTA style (as in sandbox with side missions) Ghostbusters game. I think that would be awesome.

A new Star Tropics for the GBA.

Seaman for the N-Gage

In order of preference...

1. A true Bard's Tale IV. No hack & slash b.s.

2. An English translation for Ogre Battle: Zenobia no Ouji

3. An updated version of Mail Order Monsters to be played on-line

4. Phantasie IV...or at least a re-release of the first three.

5. 2d fighter based on He-Man

6. Another Techmo Super Bowl

7. Sequel to Beyond The Beyond

8. A console version of Hippodrome

A 2D Naruto fighter. I'm not kidding. I'm a sucker for great-playing 2D fighters. I'm also a Narutard. Put two-and-two together there... I don't want some lame-o 3D fighter, or some 2D-3D hybrid. I just want Street Fighter III: Third Strike- but with Naruto characters. It would be the greatest thing since ramen, I tell ya! :lust: Make it 2D, with hand-drawn graphics straight from the anime (I'd think the Xbox 360 or PS3 would be capable of doing just that), a six-button Street Fighter style control scheme, and all the SFIII and Guilty Gear mechanics that made those games so great: parries, Roman cancels, super finishers (but I'd make the super finishers more like the fatalities from Mortal Kombat), stuff like that. Throw in a roster of 40 characters from the series, and add in online play and tag-team fighting, and it would be a success. Great idea, huh? :ponder:

A 2D Naruto fighter. I'm not kidding. I'm a sucker for great-playing 2D fighters. I'm also a Narutard. Put two-and-two together there... I don't want some lame-o 3D fighter, or some 2D-3D hybrid. I just want Street Fighter III: Third Strike- but with Naruto characters. It would be the greatest thing since ramen, I tell ya!  :lust: Make it 2D, with hand-drawn graphics straight from the anime (I'd think the Xbox 360 or PS3 would be capable of doing just that), a six-button Street Fighter style control scheme, and all the SFIII and Guilty Gear mechanics that made those games so great: parries, Roman cancels, super finishers (but I'd make the super finishers more like the fatalities from Mortal Kombat), stuff like that. Throw in a roster of 40 characters from the series, and add in online play and tag-team fighting, and it would be a success. Great idea, huh?  :ponder:

981789[/snapback]

It will only be a dream, apparently only 3d is the way to go. I'd be extremely suprised if a 2d fighter gets created nowadays.

Edited by keilbaca

I don't want to hi-jack this thread, but since I'm such a fan of 2D gaming I thought I'd drop off a link to an interview with Koji Igarashi in which he talks about the future of 2D gaming: http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20050815...ffield_01.shtml

And to add onto the original topic, I'd also have to add a 2D GWAR fighter to my list as my solid number 9.

A 2D Naruto fighter. I'm not kidding. I'm a sucker for great-playing 2D fighters. I'm also a Narutard. Put two-and-two together there... I don't want some lame-o 3D fighter, or some 2D-3D hybrid. I just want Street Fighter III: Third Strike- but with Naruto characters. It would be the greatest thing since ramen, I tell ya!  :lust: Make it 2D, with hand-drawn graphics straight from the anime (I'd think the Xbox 360 or PS3 would be capable of doing just that), a six-button Street Fighter style control scheme, and all the SFIII and Guilty Gear mechanics that made those games so great: parries, Roman cancels, super finishers (but I'd make the super finishers more like the fatalities from Mortal Kombat), stuff like that. Throw in a roster of 40 characters from the series, and add in online play and tag-team fighting, and it would be a success. Great idea, huh?  :ponder:

981789[/snapback]

It will only be a dream, apparently only 3d is the way to go. I'd be extremely suprised if a 2d fighter gets created nowadays.

981794[/snapback]

SNK Playmore's still alive and cranking out 2D fighters (have you seen their latest Samurai Showdown title?) and Arc System Works just made a 2D fighter based on the Fist of the North Star manga, so it's not far out there... :ponder: