IGNORED

Shawn

I'm just trying to decide how to "tag" the BIN so there is an obvious difference between the BIN on the cart and the BIN on the Internet.

995862[/snapback]

Why does it matter if the BIN is different? It would be easy to find what is different if someone were inclined to do so.

995933[/snapback]

That is quite true, I just thought it would be nice for those who have the cart to have something unique VS what is avalible for free on the GiverNet. Just makes the money spent on the game a little more worth while IMO. I know I sure feel that way anyhow.

Edited by silver_surfer

I'm just trying to decide how to "tag" the BIN so there is an obvious difference between the BIN on the cart and the BIN on the Internet.

995862[/snapback]

Why does it matter if the BIN is different? It would be easy to find what is different if someone were inclined to do so.

995933[/snapback]

That is quite true, I just thought it would be nice for those who have the cart to have something unique VS what is avalible for free on the GiverNet. Just makes the money spent on the game a little more worth while IMO. I know I sure feel that way anyhow.

995963[/snapback]

If you change one of the RORGs from $F000 to $1000, $3000, $5000, $7000, $9000, $B000 or $D000, which will change lots of stuff all throughout the code, but the game should still run the same. This is because the 6507 doesn't have the upper 3 address lines.

SO 9 people have Downloaded the ROM so far, anyone have any comments on how they like it? I did my best and really hope everyone likes it. Just to let you knwo the word "ROM" will not appear on the released version.

996010[/snapback]

Hey, I really enjoyed this game. Super Mario Bros was one of my all time fave games for every Nintendo platform starting with the NES, so I was really excited when you decided to hack this for the 2600. Also, I'm a huge fan of Smurfs: Rescue in Gargamel's Castle, so you just combined 2 games that I really enjoy.

I had a lot of fun playing this, and you did enough changes to really make it feel like Mario. I like the addition of the pipe, the changing of the sky to black, those slight changes really went far in changing the mood. I wish the music could've been altered but the Smurfs music surprisingly fit.

Can't wait to purchase a copy. How do I go about doing so?

In the Colecovision version of the game there was the see smurfette naked... can the Atari version (hacked one) feature a naked Princess by chance!  :P  LOL!

996644[/snapback]

Yes it can, But I opted not to. The "princess" grpahic is 2 frames so it can have her loose the dress, I just thought for the sake of mass apeal I would leave that option out as some would like it alot but there are others I am sure ti would have very much so offended.

Edited by silver_surfer

:? :? :? :? :?

isn't this selling copyright trademark infringement. copying someone elses game to include your modifacation to swap with another someone elses character. with intend to sell. atari copyright may be up. but these are valid trademark character. smurf. mario. bowser. they still in use today by different company. i am almost positive that you cant steal trademark character or names and import them to resale in different game. if this were the case people would not design character or mascot. they would take someone elses that is more popular. it like selling a casio watch with a rolex sticker. it something to look into. maybe am i wrong. i am really interest in know. if i am wrong i would like to replace the donkey kong with sonic to make cash. anyone know.

:?         :?            :?            :?              :? 

if i am wrong i would like to replace the donkey kong with sonic to make cash. anyone know.

998468[/snapback]

You can replace Donkey Kong with Sonic if you like but I don't see anyone really wanting to get a copy from you. Also on you comment about making money off of other peoples work, Well I belive it is MY work that I put into the hack that is the only thing I'm trying to take credit for here. I'm not trying to say I wrote Smurfs, nor am I trying to say I came up with Mario, All I did was combine the the best of both worlds to make the closest thing to SMB that the 2600 will see IMO. Everyone talks about SMB 2600 so much I decided to do something about it myself to the best of my personal abilities and put it on carts to share with the Atari Community.

Also if you read the title of the sub-forum your in when you posted here it says HACKS, what else did you expect to find in here? If you want 100 percent new atari games there is another section called HOMEBREWS.

Edited by silver_surfer

digging it the most!! and the label you used is kinda what i envisioned. cant wait for my cart :D :cool:

as for atariman0062 and all the copyright chatter. whatever. you have one post and its negative whats the point of even saying anything. why not go and pick up a pack of seed and plants a few friends who care.

this forum and those who bust thier tails making great games for a long dead system are awesome and should be treated that way.

Edited by galaxy warrior

• 2 weeks later...
Is it too late for ole Slim to pre-order a cart?  If not I would like in the line. :)

1003837[/snapback]

your in line. Still gonna be about another 2 weeks before all the parts for thw carts arrive so give it that long before the carts will actually be for sale.

Is it too late for ole Slim to pre-order a cart?  If not I would like in the line. :)

1003837[/snapback]

your in line. Still gonna be about another 2 weeks before all the parts for thw carts arrive so give it that long before the carts will actually be for sale.

1004086[/snapback]

Good Deal! Just let me know the particulars when it is ready to go and I shall send you a check or M.O..

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE!!

I got all the EPROMS for the game now and the boards should be in by the end of the week. Seeing as 88 people have downloaded the game and I'm only making 40 copies of Mario (8 already sold VIA pre-orders and gifts for friends) I will be taking down orders for the remaining 32 copies of this game. So if your 100 percent for sure your intrested in buying a copy of Mario:RIBC for $28 dollars shipped (USA AND CANADA, worldwide shipping will be a little more) please contact me right away and I will ad you to the list. I will be posting the list of people that have contacted me in this post as orders are made. No more than 3 copies per person as I don't want the game to get horded. This will be the only time Mario: RIBC will be avalible. 30 carts and no more ever will be made garunteed. Here is the list so far of carts that are gone (in no particulat order):

More info on first post.

Shawn Sr.

EDIT: Only gonna make 30 of these not 40.

Edited by Shawn Sr.

As per finding out alot of my boards are not able to be used for this project I only have 3 copies of Skate Or Die left for sale and 1 copy of Super Mario.

I'm only gonna take orders for what I have the parts to produce the carts for, I just don't have to materials or the money to make any more at this time past what has already been ordered . All orders already placed will be mailed out in roughly a week or so in time, give or take a couple of days.

Thanks to all who got in on purchasing my games so far. I hope in the near future I will be able to finish off both print runs of these games so others can enjoy them also.

Shawn Sr.