IGNORED

Hex Editors

Shawn

A standard Unix utility. Everybody running Windows should have a Cygwin or GnuWin32 installation.

982357[/snapback]

downloaded it and used cygwin and I keep getiing this error message and I don't know why:

dd: opening '8kfile.bin' : No such file or directory

Any idea's? Do I need to use a specfic directory? I tried copying my 8kfile.bin into the cygwin working directory but no go.

Edited by silver_surfer

A standard Unix utility. Everybody running Windows should have a Cygwin or GnuWin32 installation.

982357[/snapback]

downloaded it and used cygwin and I keep getiing this error message and I don't know why:

Any idea's? Do I need to use a specfic directory? I tried copying my 8kfile.bin into the cygwin working directory but no go.

982523[/snapback]

You did use the correct filenames, right ? "8krom.bin", "bank0.bin" and "bank1.bin" in my first post were of course only placeholders. You have to substitute them with the real filenames you want to use. If that isn't the problem, post the whole command line you're using.

982357[/snapback]

982523[/snapback]

You did use the correct filenames, right ? "8krom.bin", "bank0.bin" and "bank1.bin" in my first post were of course only placeholders. You have to substitute them with the real filenames you want to use. If that isn't the problem, post the whole command line you're using.

982829[/snapback]

yes I know you where using dumy names 8kfile.bin means nameofmygame.bin

The exact string I'm unsing is exactly what you have posted to use. I'm runnig WIN XP PRO Build 2600 with Service pack 2 if that makes a difference.

Sorry, you're doing obviously something wrong, but I really don't know what it could be (the command I posted above is correct)

You don't need to put files in specific directories, but you must either pass the full path to the input file to dd, or you change to the directory the input file is in and only pass the file's name, without path information.

Iirc Cygwin also doesn't treat filenames case sensitive (Unix systems do so), so it shouldn't matter wether you pass "X.FOO" or "x.FOo" for a filename.