IGNORED

Press Release for NWCGE 2K6 + Vendors list

Rick Weis

Remember the good ol' days of Ms. Pac Man, Asteroids and Atari?  When arcade games cost a quarter and you begged your mom for the latest cartridge for your 2600?   While video games today are bigger and more popular than ever, the Northwest Classic Gaming Enthusiasts haven't forgotten about the low-tech fun from the 70's, 80's and 90's. 

Hit the reset button and join us for NWCGE 2K6, Saturday, Feb 25th, 2006 in Seattle, Washington. Come see the beginnings of the video game industry and how it has evolved from the early days of Pong and Atari to today's present system offerings from Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft. Play, compete for prizes, and meet gaming fanatics just like YOU. In addition, you'll be able to buy, sell, and trade videogames of all different systems. Mark your calendar!

NorthWest Annual Atari 2600 Championship Sunday, Feb 26th, 2006 12-5 p.m. Compete for fantastic prizes and see if you've got what it takes to be declared the world champion! More than a Hi-Score contest, the NW Atari 2600 Championship has become an annual tradition among local gaming enthusiasts, covering all skills from joysticks to paddles, hi-score contests to direct head-to-head Combat, all through several rounds of play. Qualification - Elimination - FINALS! At the end of the day, there can only be one winner. Do YOU have what it takes? All ages are welcome to compete. If YOU can hold a joystick, YOU can win!

Holiday Inn

SEATTLE-SEATAC INTL AIRPORT

17338 International Blvd.

SEATTLE, WA 98188

for more details check out our website at: http://NWCGE.org

List of vendors for NWCGE2K6

Pink godzilla

Vintage fun world

Toby Wickwire/Billy Galaxy

Packrat videogames

Lee Krueger

Hans Reutter

Layne Griffin

Rob Brown

Nathan Martin

NorthWest programmers

Rick Weis (Me) :)

possible 1 more

docking bay 93

Edited by Rick Weis

I'd love to go - but I'm living in the wrong state. I'm from Seattle originally, and visit there a couple of times a year, but late February isn't one of those times.

Someday though... when I move back up there... I'll be able to attend.

And have some proper food, too. :D

I'd love to go - but I'm living in the wrong state. I'm from Seattle originally, and visit there a couple of times a year, but late February isn't one of those times.

Someday though... when I move back up there... I'll be able to attend.

And have some proper food, too. :D

984694[/snapback]

Hey Nathan, come on by anytime. I'll take you to Dicks. You are obviously someone who knows when the best times to visit the Northwest are ;)

We're trying to make February one of those times. Heck, what else we are going to do when it rains besides, make airplanes, drink Starbucks, eat at Dicks, go skiing and hibernate. Yep, you've guessed it... we play Nintendo, XBOX and an ocassional classic video game :)

Drop me a line when you are in town.

-Lee

• 1 month later...

I want to strongly recommend this event to everyone in the Pacific Northwest. I have made the trip from Vancouver (3 hours) for the past few years and it is well worth it. Rick, Lee, and the others who organize this do a great job in putting on a really fun event and we should all support it. There is something for everyone so be sure to spread the word and I look forward to another great event!

Lee - add a reservation at Dicks for one more!

I want to strongly recommend this event to everyone in the Pacific Northwest. I have made the trip from Vancouver (3 hours) for the past few years and it is well worth it. Rick, Lee, and the others who organize this do a great job in putting on a really fun event and we should all support it. There is something for everyone so be sure to spread the word and I look forward to another great event!

Lee - add a reservation at Dicks for one more!

1011841[/snapback]

Cool!

Anytime.

-Lee

I live in Paris and I work for a big software company based in Redmond, WA (guess which one? :) )

I happen to have a meeting there on Monday Feb 27th. What a great coincidence! I'm planning to arrive a day early to go to the NWCGE (my first classic videogame show! I'm really excited)

Do I need to pre-register? Thanks

I live in Paris and I work for a big software company based in Redmond, WA (guess which one?  :) )

I happen to have a meeting there on Monday Feb 27th. What a great coincidence! I'm planning to arrive a day early to go to the NWCGE (my first classic videogame show! I'm really excited)

Do I need to pre-register? Thanks

1016280[/snapback]

Yeah, we planned it that way! :D

WoW someone coming all the way from Paris to our show. that's :cool:

if you want to pre-register you can, you have till tomorrow for pre-registering. (i'll PM you the info) plus it gets you into a special drawing for more prizes)

or you can just pay at the door when you come to our show on sunday.

see ya there!

Rick

I went to the show on Sunday afternoon, right after my plane landed from Paris.

It was great! In Europe, we don't get Classic Video Games shows, so to be able to see all these vintage systems and cartridges was just wonderful! I bought 30+ cartridges, manuals, controllers, etc. (I almost need a new suitcase to go back home :D )

Thanks for the show. I had a great time.