IGNORED

STacy disassembly?

Anyone have any hints? I'm taking apart a STacy for the first time. I gather that the LCD cover assembly needs to be taken apart and the hinges unscrewed to be able to lift the main casing and access the insides.

I've got all the accessable screws out, I have the LCD cover 90% split - can't seem to get the part by the hinge assembly apart. All the case snaps are also off.

The top and bottom halves of the main casing move freely except for the back right corner (looking at the unit closed from the front) where the drive bays are.

Kind of stuck now, I don't want to break pieces of the casing.

Edited by remowilliams

Anyone have any hints?  I'm taking apart a STacy for the first time.  I gather that the LCD cover assembly needs to be taken apart and the hinges unscrewed to be able to lift the main casing and access the insides.

I've got all the accessable screws out, I have the LCD cover 90% split - can't seem to get the part by the hinge assembly apart.  All the case snaps are also off.

The top and bottom halves of the main casing move freely except for the back right corner (looking at the unit closed from the front) where the drive bays are.

Kind of stuck now, I don't want to break pieces of the casing.

983456[/snapback]

Hi,

behind the Stacy label under the display are hidden two screws. Then you can lift the cover. Disconnect all wires, unscrew the left suspension, pass all wires through the right suspension (the one with the smallest connectors first, one you can't pass through it, it has to be disconnected from mainboard later), than you can lift off the display.

The back right corner of the Stacy is a bit difficulty - try and try again, sometime it will lift off.

Mike

Thanks for the reply :)

I had time last night so I took another look and found the two holdouts under STacy's label. Getting the top case off the right rear corner was a pain due to the floppy bezel being part of the top case and fitting rather tightly.

post-5887-1134928113_thumb.jpg

STacy's failed hard drive has been replaced with a Quantum SCSI (from a MAC) drive I had on the shelf and she's better than before.

post-5887-1134928138_thumb.jpg

Success!

I should make a disassembly guide when I get the time, as I couldn't find one on the net.

Now if I could just fix the old dim screen problem :ponder:

Edited by remowilliams

Thanks for the reply :)

I had time last night so I took another look and found the two holdouts under STacy's label.  Getting the top case off the right rear corner was a pain due to the floppy bezel being part of the top case and fitting rather tightly.

post-5887-1134928113_thumb.jpg

STacy's failed hard drive has been replaced with a Quantum SCSI (from a MAC) drive I had on the shelf and she's better than before.

post-5887-1134928138_thumb.jpg

Success!

I should make a disassembly guide when I get the time, as I couldn't find one on the net.

Now if I could just fix the old dim screen problem  :ponder:

984794[/snapback]

I had to take a couple Stacy 4's apart a while back. They are not the easiest things to disassemble and even worse to reassemble. Glad you had success! :)

• 1 month later...