IGNORED

What is the 3 Best games from hozer video?

tbfinley2

quote:

Originally posted by tbfinley2:

What is the 3 Best games from Hozer Video?Im thinking about buying three and I want to get the best. So if you bought or haved played any please give me your input.

Just choose any three from the XYPE section.

Well since Hozer sells nearly all the recent homebrewed stuff, a bucketload of hacked items, and copies of nearly all 4K and 8K original games ever produced - including many prototypes and "lost" games - you might want to just choose any 3 games ever released for the Atari. Randy's got it all.

If you're asking which homebrews (what Randy is primarily known for), all of 'em are great. Each one of the Xype items are must-owns; SCSIcide is a fast, fun game; I love the simple pleasures of topping my last score in Pressure Guage; This Planet Sucks is good; they are all fun, fun, polished stuff.

Personally, I have many of the homebrews, all of my own hacks, and copies of games I would *never* hope to see in the wild - Swordfight, Halloween, Texas Chaisaw Massacre, etc.

Read the 'news' link in the 2600 section--this is where the really cool carts are-the controller hacks and PAL to NTSC games that were featured right here at AtariAge.

Here's my top three=

3-QB

2-BOING!(one that you will never find in the wild)

3-THRUST

go for thrust, cant go wrong there.

If you are a fan of outlaw, but always wanted more out of it, get gunfight.

If you enjoy a speedy puzzle game (and have a paddle controller) pick up SCSIside.

If you enjoy the pac-man concept, but have always wanted to see just how good the 2600 can do, get Pesco.

If you would like a game too unique to catagorize (action puzzle maybe?) then go for QB.

Most of these game roms have been publicaly released, so you can download them and give them a test drive so to speak.

quote:

Originally posted by liquid_sky:

If you would like a game too unique to catagorize (action puzzle maybe?) then go for QB.

I consider it an action/puzzle. I am exceptionally pleased with your "too unique to catagorize" categorization -- it's nice to be different.

Thrust is the best Atari game ever! Including first-run releases back in the day!

Other Hozer games that are great:

2. Gunfight (love the music!)

3. QB

4. Warrin Worms (oops, gotta get from the source and not Hozer)

5. SCSCide

6. Alfred's Challenge