IGNORED

WANTED: RCA SelectaVision Player and Videodiscs.

JohnnyBlaze

No, actually I'm looking for one. These are just sample pictures off of eBay, so people know what I'm talking about. I saw the demonstration of it and my dad has one(But, he's not gonna give it up.He's got movies for it that he doesn't have on VHS and are hard to find on VHS.)Shipping is a bitch on there and they overcharge. BTW, have you checked out http://www.cedmagic.com/? It's a good site for this stuff and this is where I got the demonstration from. Also, they have commercials as well as a full factory tour. You need Quicktime installed to see the videos though. They also sell replacement parts and have a full list of US and UK Videodisc Releases.

I'm looking for the RCA SelectaVision VideoDisc player with Videodiscs. I don't want to go to eBay because shipping's a bitch with them. Here are sample pics of what I'm looking for:

984474[/snapback]

JohnnyBlaze gets first dibs, but I'm posting this (instead of PMing) since there are other AAers interested.

I have some SelectaVision items I'd like to sell:

HARDWARE

RCA SJT-400 player (stereo A/V out) - $100

RCA SJT-200 player (stereo A/V out) - $75

RCA Digital Command Center (remote control, works with SJT-400; in perfect box) - $20

CEDs

special discs

RCA 1984 Video Systems (demonstration disc) - $10

The Mountain Men (PAL/SECAM in blue "for engineering test and evaluation...property of RCA" cartridge" - make offer

Beany and Cecil (in blank cartridge, from lot of RCA-owned discs) - make offer

Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back (stamped "RCA Property") - $10

RCA All-Star Country Music Fair (stamped "RCA Property") - $2

normal discs

Logan's Run (was sealed until I watched it over the summer) - $2

Battlestar Galactica - $2

Star Wars - $4

Empire Strikes Back - $4

Return of the Jedi (2 discs) - $6

Raiders of the Lost Ark - $2

Blazing Saddles - $1

Carrie - $1

The Robe (2 discs) - $1

Ben-Hur (2 discs, sealed) - $3

Poltergeist - $1

Seven Brides for Seven Brothers - $1

The Exorcist - $1

James Taylor in Concert - $1 (or free if you buy anything else)

Olivia Newton John in Concert - $1 (or free if you buy anything else)

Looney Tunes Bugs Bunny Movie - $2

Pink Floyd: The Wall - $4

The Greatest Adventure (moon landing documentary, narrated by Orson Welles) - $3

M*A*S*H Goodbye, Farewell, and Amen - $1

Last Tango in Paris (2 discs) - $2

Irma la Douce (2 discs) - $1

Yellow Beard (sealed) - $4

Watership Down (damaged label) - $2

The Secret Policeman's Other Ball (was sealed until I watched it last month) - $1

The Razor's Edge (1 disc out of 2) - $1 (or free if you buy anything else)

Both of the players work fine, and I've watched plenty of complete movies on each of them. They're very nice models. According to the 1984 Demonstration CED, the SJT-400 was top-of-the-line, and the SJT-200 only lacks the 400's remote control capabilities.

Shipping will be exactly what's charged by UPS (should be cheaper than USPS), and I'll pack everything really well. (EDIT: I'm in Indiana - 46032)

Edited by jdrew
  • Like 1

I believe they were made from 1981 to 1984. If I remember correctly from cedmagic.com.

There are definately some titles there that I'd be interested in, but like I said, I'm still trying to get my player working.

Edited by Wester

Would you be interested in any trades?

984755[/snapback]

Yes, but I'm more anxious to free up space than to grow my collection. :)

I'm primarily interested in Lynx, 8-bit, and ST Atari items. I'm also somewhat interested in Super Nintendo cartridges.

• 3 weeks later...
Johny, here you go

5850115374  check that out on eBay.

994657[/snapback]

Hopefully the discs weren't stored that way for too long. It tends to mar the disc when they are stored on thier side, a lot like Vinyl albums.

• 13 years later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2005 at 10:14 PM, JohnnyBlaze said:

No, actually I'm looking for one. These are just sample pictures off of eBay, so people know what I'm talking about. I saw the demonstration of it and my dad has one(But, he's not gonna give it up.He's got movies for it that he doesn't have on VHS and are hard to find on VHS.)Shipping is a bitch on there and they overcharge. BTW, have you checked out http://www.cedmagic.com/? It's a good site for this stuff and this is where I got the demonstration from. Also, they have commercials as well as a full factory tour. You need Quicktime installed to see the videos though. They also sell replacement parts and have a full list of US and UK Videodisc Releases.

I have an RCA Selectavision player and around 100-200 movies for sale. Many Disney movies like Dumbo, Alice in Wonderland, Herbie, and many Charlie Brown movies, as well as movies like Good Morning, Vietnam and others. Will sell as a whole collection. 

Please let me know if anyone is interested. 

• 11 months later...
On 9/17/2021 at 9:25 AM, Smb1965 said:

I have several disc up for sale I'm not real familiar w it all trying to side some money for my son's return home.. if your interested in taking mean offer?

The muppets

The Godfather

Singing in the rain

Mary poppins

This topic was made 16 years ago and the OP hasn't posted in 6 years...

• 1 year later...