IGNORED

Sega CD Games On Jaguar CD

atari1970

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
Can't happen. It's like a Sega Dreamcast playing Playstation one games. Bleem does not count.

986361[/snapback]

Actually bleem does count. I have bleem for tekken 3, gt2 and mgs. It really does enhance the graphics from 32bit to 64.

32 to 64??

The Dreamcast isn't 64bit

Sega games don't work with the Jaguar, I have a pile of broken carts and consoles to prove it :P LOL

For real now. WHY, whould oyou want to use a rare, ExPeNsIvE, relatively fragile drive to play some piles of shit that you can get a $30 setup to play? You get a Jaguar to play Sega CD games, you can keep your addon, now if you get a Sega CD to play Jaguar games (also won't happen) Then I'd be interested.

Someone up higher brought on a valid point though, how about a cart with a cable to hook up a standard PC drive instead? I'd be on that in a heartbeat.

• 4 weeks later...
Can't happen. It's like a Sega Dreamcast playing Playstation one games. Bleem does not count.

986361[/snapback]

Actually bleem does count. I have bleem for tekken 3, gt2 and mgs. It really does enhance the graphics from 32bit to 64.

32 to 64??

The Dreamcast isn't 64bit

I never said it was. I said there were 3 bleem discs that enhanced 3 ps games from 32 bit graphics to 64 bit. The dc is the first 128 bit home console but not all the games played on it are 128 bit. Have you ever played metal slug on the xbox? It's still just a 16 bit game played on 128 bit system.

I never said it was. I said there were 3 bleem discs that enhanced 3 ps games from 32 bit graphics to 64 bit. The dc is the first 128 bit home console but not all the games played on it are 128 bit. Have you ever played metal slug on the xbox? It's still just a 16 bit game played on 128 bit system.

The Dreamcast is not 64 bit?

I am finding that I tend to like games that are classified as 16 or 32 bit or lower. Just fun simple play.

The Dreamcast doesn't up the bittness of games. It makes them look better by raising the screen resolution and texture resolution. Games don't have bits. They may look like 64 bit era games but that's about it.

The Dreamcast doesn't up the bittness of games. It makes them look better by raising the screen resolution and texture resolution. Games don't have bits. They may look like 64 bit era games but that's about it.

Exactly, the Dreamcast just ran a really good (better than the PS2 even) antialising program on the games. It's the same game run through a filter ala Nintendo 64.

Oh yeah, and the X-box isn't 128 bit either, it's 32 :P (probably the only console of the last generation that didn't lie about it's bitness)

Just out of curiosity, how feasible would it be to mod a SegaCD to have faster load times (IE: faster CD drive)? I know you couldn't just yoink a CD mechanism from a faster drive and plunk it into the SegaCD, but what (if anything) could be done to accomplish this? I know it's a bit off topic...

Run your Sega CD games with a decent emulator on your PC. If you have a decent CD you'll get great load times! :D

Yes, yes, I know it's just not the same as the "real thing"!

HA! :P I've never successfully gotten a SegaCD game to run on an emulator on my computer (even when I installed the driver/whatever it was that was required). So I'm one of those unlucky people who still sit for minutes waiting on Willy Beamish and Monkey Island to load... :)

Run your Sega CD games with a decent emulator on your PC. If you have a decent CD you'll get great load times! :D

HA! :P I've never successfully gotten a SegaCD game to run on an emulator on my computer (even when I installed the driver/whatever it was that was required). So I'm one of those unlucky people who still sit for minutes waiting on Willy Beamish and Monkey Island to load... :)

Heck, I never found whatever needed to be installed for the CD emulation, gotta link?

Use KEGA Fusion, it always emulates CD games without any problems, you just need to get the BIOS which isn't all that hard to do.

This topic has descended into folly...who brought this up anyway? There's no way a stock jag could ever emulate the genesis in real time, besides who'd ever waste their time attempting such an impossible feat?

Now maybe if you overclocked the jag you'd be onto something. :ponder:

Can't happen.  It's like a Sega Dreamcast playing Playstation one games.  Bleem does not count.

986361[/snapback]

No it does'nt.....the DC does not have 64 bit graphics and the Playstations is usually 8 bit graphics.

On a very related note, I've been trying to get my toaster to play 2600 games...

almost there... whoops! Another Crispy-Combat! Curses!

You should try and find that landfill fillied with those old ET carts so you dont waste

a good combat cart next time! :D

986361[/snapback]

No it does'nt.....the DC does not have 64 bit graphics and the Playstations is usually 8 bit graphics.

Bleem "just" double the resolution :)

You can't play the Sega-CD games on the Jaguar (which has been stated many times here), but you can play them on a modded Xbox. There's a SegaCD emulator for the XBox that allows you to either play images of the Sega CD's or use the original Sega CD's in the XBox drive.

Here's a link to one of them called Neo Genesis.

You can't play the Sega-CD games on the Jaguar (which has been stated many times here), but you can play them on a modded Xbox. There's a SegaCD emulator for the XBox that allows you to either play images of the Sega CD's or use the original Sega CD's in the XBox drive.

AWESOME!! I'm so getting that, now I just have to mod one of my Xboxes

AWESOME!! I'm so getting that, now I just have to mod one of my Xboxes

I've seen a few compilation DVD images where there were a bunch of Sega CD games placed on a single DVD with a nice boot menu. At least I can use this emulator to play Sewer Shark and original Night Trap (the Congress banned edition) since my Sega CD unit has an unfixable CD drive.

I saw the compilations some time back one of the Xbox binary newsgroups.