IGNORED

Which GBA?

~llama

I think the DS is your best bet, it plays all the GBA games and has a lot of great originals as well. I know I would pick the DS over the GBA any day of the week. Though playing GBA games on the DS doesn't feel quite right to me, mainly because there are two buttons that do nothing.

Other than that small complaint I have no trouble with them. I find the system to just be feel better overall. After playing the dS for so long using the GBA can take some getting use to. Thanks to how close togther all of the buttons are. And if you're really set on playing your old game boy games you can always buy a used gba sp at game stop for about thirty dollars.

I may spring fo rthe DS Mario Kart bundle, then.

Why don't systems come with a game anymore? Pisses me off.

990943[/snapback]

Cus the game companies don't give a shit about their customers anymore like every other large company these days... :roll: I miss the 80's........ :|

991088[/snapback]

OR MAYBE, just maybe, they want to keep the price low and let you choose your own game. :roll: :roll: :roll:

I may spring fo rthe DS Mario Kart bundle, then.

Why don't systems come with a game anymore? Pisses me off.

990943[/snapback]

Cus the game companies don't give a shit about their customers anymore like every other large company these days... :roll: I miss the 80's........ :|

991088[/snapback]

OR MAYBE, just maybe, they want to keep the price low and let you choose your own game. :roll: :roll: :roll:

991101[/snapback]

With a disk-based system, the cost of packing in a game is minimal.

Realistically, the first run or 2 would have to be standalone to recoup development costs, but after that it only costs a few cents, especially if they cheap out and use cardboard sleeves.

The big problem is you have to find a game that most of the market wants. Which can be difficult sometimes, particularly if you don't have many strong exclusive titles(obviously not a problem for Nintendo).

Yet another vote for a new backlit SP. I just got one for Christmas and it's absolutely beautiful. Some people say that the reds are overblown, but I feel the reverse, that the reds were too subdued on the original GBA(SP). Plus, it supports the largest game library of any of the new backlit Game Boy systems. The fact that it's also $20 cheaper than the Micro sealed the deal for me. Also, GB/GBC games look absolutely brilliant on the new screen, and if you like to play them, then you have to get the SP, as they don't work on either the Micro or the DS.

Best Buy told me they just stopped carrying the Mario Kart DS bundle...

So I bought an electric blue DS with Kirby: Canvas Curse and Mario Kart. I love it :) as soon as I get my WiFi configured I'll post my friend ID here for Mario kart:)

I love the DS, and I'm sure I dont even have the best games. I almost bought the Mario and Luigi game but didnt have enough money for all three.

I recommend getting the SP. Besides being the least expensive, it has a much larger screen than the Micro, and the new backlit screen is sweet! I have the old SP (the kind with the "side-lit" screen), and I love it! (Of course, I'd love the backlit screen even more.)

It's worth owning one just for Zelda: Minish Cap!

I'd get the Micro. Best ergonomics if you don't mind the small screen. It's not that expensive -- and rumor has it you can get one at Costco for $50 this week. Otherwise it's $100.

Is there any truth to the micro being $50 at Costco?!

990197[/snapback]

Yep, I snagged 2 of them at the Issaquah Costco here in Washington State the day before Christmass. They came with a pelican accessory kit (retails for $20 seperately) as well. I couldn't believe the price. I didn't think I'd lik3 the micro, but surprisingly, I am playing it all the time.

-Lee

I still like my regular GBA SP's (I can still remember my original GBA and how awful it was to try to see the screen), but I have a feeling that if I get the chance to play the new backlit SP, I'm not going to be happy until I buy one.

992282[/snapback]

I have the holy grail of a visible GBA.

The displays came in a range of brightnesses(due to manufacturing diffrences), and mine seems to have fallen on the upper end.

I wouldn't mind the new backlit screens, but the sidelight always looked like a downgrade relative to mine.