IGNORED

Want some portable AR:Dungeon?

remowilliams

:lust:

Can that do full speed emulation?

989989[/snapback]

Offhand I'd have to say yes. Or very close to it at this point. Music is a tad slow it seems, but the action seems quite full speed. If it's not I'm sure it will be soon enough. It has a killer MAME port now that supports something like 900 sets. And I just played a game of Commando at full speed ;)

I also played Blue Max and Archon II and it was good. Very Good :D

Here's the link to the GP2X a800 port

Edited by remowilliams

I was interested in this for awhile, but I was put off by the fact that the joystick wasn't analogue (why have a joystick instead of a d-pad if you're not going to make it analogue?).

But I'm soon getting a Windows Mobile 5 device, and I do hope that I can get The Dungeon running on that...

I was interested in this for awhile, but I was put off by the fact that the joystick wasn't analogue (why have a joystick instead of a d-pad if you're not going to make it analogue?).

But I'm soon getting a Windows Mobile 5 device, and I do hope that I can get The Dungeon running on that...

991764[/snapback]

Well, the 8bit joysticks weren't analog either ;)

It's one of those things where you can't please everyone. The Zodiac had an analog stick and people complained that it wasn't digital.

What emulator do you plan on using with WM5? AFAIK the only A8 emulator on PPC/WM was abandoned ages ago.

It's one of those things where you can't please everyone.  The Zodiac had an analog stick and people complained that it wasn't digital.

That's amazingly stupid of people, then, since an analogue stick can be set to act as a digital one, but you can't do it the other way around (especially if you have a d-pad).

What emulator do you plan on using with WM5?  AFAIK the only A8 emulator on PPC/WM was abandoned ages ago.

991819[/snapback]

Damn, is that so? I didn't know since the device I want isn't out yet, so I haven't really begun looking around for programs I want.

Damn, is that so? I didn't know since the device I want isn't out yet, so I haven't really begun looking around for programs I want.

992881[/snapback]

The first and last one I ever saw was Pocket Atari It was a really good start, but had show stopper problems at the time, and hasn't been updated since 5/2002

And every modern PPC device has horrible gaming controls on top of everything else. :|

I just did a Google and it seems that the Atari800 emulator has a WindowCE port...

http://atari800.sourceforge.net/

I will probably be testing this when I get my device (which incidentally will be a Qtek S200 or Dopod 818 Pro, which are both HTC Prophets anyway... and that sentence will probably only make sense to PocketPC fans, but anyway).

I just did a Google and it seems that the Atari800 emulator has a WindowCE port...

http://atari800.sourceforge.net/

I will probably be testing this when I get my device (which incidentally will be a Qtek S200 or Dopod 818 Pro, which are both HTC Prophets anyway... and that sentence will probably only make sense to PocketPC fans, but anyway).

993917[/snapback]

The WinCE port was the one I mentioned. Pocket Atari a.k.a. the long abandoned project.

Well, the date of the files says 2005-12-31 and it's the second latest release (the very latest is just a few days old, but doesn't have a WinCE compile yet, it seems)... but I don't have a device to test it with yet so I don't know...

995177[/snapback]

Well, what do you know? Cool. I'll have to check it out.

Though since my current PPC has the same type (read crappy) of gaming controls as all the others, I think the GP2X is going to remain my best bet ;)