IGNORED

Castlevania 2-pack for GBA

cryptik76

I've got neither (to be honest, all the Castlevanias look kinda similar to me  ;) but this double pack is appealing looking. The early CV games were unplayable on the dark GBA screen -- no more excuses now, with the GBA SP, Micro, DS, and GB Player!

There are lots of 2-packs on the shelves these days, very nice trend.  :D

990950[/snapback]

Really, only Circle of the Moon was too dark(I had problems, and I'm the guy that thinks the original GBA had a good display).

Harmony of Dissonance had brighter graphics and that god-awful neon outline on everything.

Aria of Sorrow just kept the brightness up high enough to remain visible. Not crayon-bright like a Mario game, but bright enough.

There are lots of 2-packs on the shelves these days, very nice trend.  :D

990950[/snapback]

Indeed. I just grabbed Sonic Advance and Sonic Pinball party. Two great games in one. This Castlevania is a must also, even if I do have the games already..

• 3 weeks later...

Really, only Circle of the Moon was too dark(I had problems, and I'm the guy that thinks the original GBA had a good display).

No, it's dark. Worth noting though is that if you have a Game Boy Player or the new SP (and likely the Micro) this is a complete non-issue

No, it's dark. Worth noting though is that if you have a Game Boy Player or the new SP (and likely the Micro) this is a complete non-issue

1003224[/snapback]

I haven't had problems with anything other than COTM.

I DO know that there's a wide variation in display brightnesses. And there's a good chance mine landed on the right side of the bell curve.

But my GBA display is quite good.

I've never seen a pressing need for a GBPlayer, the original SP screen was a massive step backwards due to ghosting and washed-out detail, and the Micro display's just too damn small.

I also hate the SP's physical size. It's just not comfortable for me to use.

The only thing I'd consider replacing my GBA with is a DS. Get the better d-pad of an SP AND the superior layout of an original GBA. And a lit screen that doesn't sacrifice image quality to do it.

I played through COTM on an original non-lit GBA, and I never had any real problem with the brightness. After all, you're in a castle hunting vampires... it's SUPPOSED to be dark.

Also, I bought the 2-pack at Wal-Mart just the other day. I already had COTM but never got around to picking up the other two... I guess it was a good thing I waited :) I'm most of the way through Aria, and I'm really enjoying it... although it's nowhere near as hard as COTM was. Haven't even started Harmony yet.

And no, they didn't take anything out... they just stuck twice as much memory into the cartridge.

--Zero

I have to admit I would much rather have 2 carts than 1 with 2 games.  It's that same part of me that detests greatest hits banners.  But 2 for 30$ is a great deal and one cart does make it more portable, I'm just crazy I guess.

1004141[/snapback]

Crazy sounds about right. If I weren't paranoid about losing my savegames, I'd love to stick all my GBA cartridges onto a single enormous flash card, so I could play anything I wanted while on the run.

I have to admit I would much rather have 2 carts than 1 with 2 games.  It's that same part of me that detests greatest hits banners.  But 2 for 30$ is a great deal and one cart does make it more portable, I'm just crazy I guess.

1004141[/snapback]

Crazy sounds about right. If I weren't paranoid about losing my savegames, I'd love to stick all my GBA cartridges onto a single enormous flash card, so I could play anything I wanted while on the run.

1004200[/snapback]

Check me into the mental ward as well. There are 3 seperate Crash and Spyro 2 packs I anted to buy, but didn't get because of the 1 cart problem. It's the same way with my sega genesis 6 pack cart. I hardly ever play it and have been hunting down all 6 games individually

You guys must have all kinds of room to spare. I must say whenever a compilation is out I love it just for the space it saves me. Genesis 6 Pak for example is just great since I have room for 5 more carts for owning it.

Hving multi cart games is an added blessing for handhelds where I don't necessarily want to be lugging around more carts than I need to