IGNORED

Favorite DS/GBA cartridge combination

cryptik76

We all know that the DS can have both a GBA and DS cartridge inserted at the same time, so do any of you have a favorite combination of games to take with you?

For me, right now it is Rebelstar Tactical Command (GBA) and Viewtiful Joe: Double Trouble (DS). Different types of games, but both thoroughly engrossing.

Well I just got my DS yesterday (A friend who doesn't play his gave it to me and told me to give him 50 bucks whenever I have the chance, he's playing every other system out now except 360, and that DOES include N-gage)

Well, I've got ZERO games for it, but he was cool enough to give me the MP:H demo. So that stays in that slot, and well, I dont think Minish Cap wil leave my GBA slot for a while

Haven't been playing the DS much since the Micro GBA came out -- it fits in my pocket, after all. My old favorite combos:

Mario 64 in the top and Mario World in the bottom

and

Zookeeper in the top and NES emulator in the bottom (lady's favorites)

993226[/snapback]

Is that the movie player from Liksang with the NES emulator? If so, how well does it work? I'm thinking about picking one up this month...

Incredible!!!

I'm getting a DS next week, and this thread (thank you!) answers a question I had.

Can they both peacefully co-exist, yes they can, how do you switch between them???

BTW, I'd have Mario Kart in the DS slot

and Dr. Mario(which I hate!)/Puzzle Leauge(which I love) in the GBA slot.

or Activision Anthology!!

Edited by MaDDuck

Zookeeper in the top and NES emulator in the bottom (lady's favorites)

993226[/snapback]

Is that the movie player from Liksang with the NES emulator? If so, how well does it work? I'm thinking about picking one up this month...

993276[/snapback]

No, just a generic flash card running Pocket NES. My link cable appears to be shot so now it's pretty much a dedicated cartridge. Fortunately, it has a mess of NES games, a few SMS games, Konami Arcade, and Activision Anthology on it, so it's pretty much perfect as it is.

The movie player you're thinking about looks user-friendly but limited. Personally, I would skip it and get a flash card instead.

I'm getting a DS next week, and this thread (thank you!) answers a question I had.

Can they both peacefully co-exist, yes they can, how do you switch between them???

993288[/snapback]

You choose at the boot screen. Everything else you needed to know but were afraid to ask is here.

Addendum!!

I recently acquired Golden Sun for the GBA, and couldn't wait to fit it into that poor, lonely GBA slot on my DS. AC: WW still has the top spot, but Golden Sun now owns the GBA spot exclusively. I powered up GS and fell in love all over again.

Ahh, thank you, Nintendo. :)

Steve