IGNORED

Three Consoles, Two Markets, One Hope

HardWork

Okay, you've explained that the 360 Bush system represents 4 more years of the same old thing with poor decsions. I also think your PS3 with the white poser gangsta's represents it's target market. However, what do the Simpsons, Butterfinger, and the Revolution have in common?

Edited by Atarifever

Let's break it down:

PS3: Sturdy vessel for the mass-market. Large market share built in part through casual peer-pressure. Sequel-itis. Inevitable franchise fatigue. Four or five diamonds in the rough per year, amongst a glut of pretty but poor titles. The new "VCR".

360: Reliable console for the casual, or materialistic gamer. Low number of quality exclusives. Halo's 2.5, 3, 3.5, & 4 stand alone with core fans. May become the "Madden Exclusive" console after a MS/EA merge. The new "3D0".

Revolution: Integral console for genre innovation. Suprising number of high-quality exclusives & adult-oriented titles. Motion-tracking may be copied by the competition before end of lifecycle. The new "NES"

P.S. Do I sound like a Nintendo fanboy? Perhaps. But look me in the eye and tell me that "Baby-Step Sequel part XI" played with a dual-analog is exciting, fresh, or new. The industry desperatley needs another quantum leap forward.

P.S.S. There is no malicious fan-bashing in these words, we all play video games. I intend to own all three consoles.

I'll pick up a 360 sometime in '09, to enjoy Halo and exclusive PC ports.

I'll pick up the PS3 in its second year, likely in Oct '07 with the next-gen GTA.

I'll pick up the Revolution on its launch day, with Twilight Princess, Mario, and That Game Nobody Saw Coming. Oh, and I'll be playing the hell out of next-gen ruduxs of GoldenEye and Perfect Dark, online of course....drool. :cool:

Edited by HardWork

I think all 3 can easily be successful. PS3 will more than likely come out on top

360 is cool, but not that cool. Once its modded everybody will change their tune just like with XB1

And the Revolution, it scares the shit out of me, but I still cant wait for it, like a great horror movie. I just keep hoping that Micheal Jackson will let them use the beatles song for the commercials, even though the band hates it

Oh, and I'll be playing the hell out of next-gen ruduxs of GoldenEye and Perfect Dark, online of course.

Doubtful. Rare own the IP for Perfect Dark and that went to Microsoft with the sale as it was part of the contract signed (Rare are now a developer, not a company in their own right), and EA own the rights to Bond so Nintendo would have to license it back to be able to offer Goldeneye on the Rev.

360: Reliable console for the casual, or materialistic gamer

That's me!

Oh, and I'll be playing the hell out of next-gen ruduxs of GoldenEye and Perfect Dark, online of course.

Doubtful. Rare own the IP for Perfect Dark and that went to Microsoft with the sale as it was part of the contract signed (Rare are now a developer, not a company in their own right), and EA own the rights to Bond so Nintendo would have to license it back to be able to offer Goldeneye on the Rev.

992857[/snapback]

As far as I know, Nintendo still owns the N64 code for both games, and the rights to release them with thier respective monikers.  Meaning that they are N64 images downloaded (for free, maybe) via the network. 

Perhaps.

992873[/snapback]

You wish, fanboy. :P

Mayhem is right. Perfect Dark belongs to Microsoft now and there's no incentive for them to allow Nintendo to use the brand again. EA holds the Bond license, so Nintendo would have to buy it back to release the game on a different system, even in emulated form.

At best, they'd be tied up in lawyer hell until the Revolution became irrelevant. We'll see the 1960s Batman TV show on DVD before we see N64 Goldeneye or Perfect Dark running on the Revolution. It's far more likely that Nintendo won't even bother trying.

Perfect Dark won't happen on the Revolution. However, it wouldn't surprise me to see EA revive Goldeneye again. The main reason I say that is that they did publish Timesplitters Future Perfect, which was developed by Free Radical. Free Radical is the group formed by former Rare employees. Not much of a stretch for EA to put Free Radical in charge of a Bond game.

Ok, one more time.

1.) Nintendo fully funded, and still owns the N64 codefor those games.

2.) They will not make "new" games. They'll be free N64 images. Playable with the Revolution controller, and that does not violate any IP law.

3.) Nintendo has killer lawers. They hammered all this out years ago, before the (500 Mil) sale of Rare, and during the planning stages of the Nintendo Network.

Bottom line: The 360 Grouchies can kick and scream all they want, sorry if reality scares them, but the simple truth is that Revolution owners will enjoy the N64 images of Goldeneye and Perfect Dark. For Free. On Day One.

The icing on the cake is the fact that these two games, released years ago, will play so much better with the Wand, and smoke circles around the new Bond products and the forgotten-by-next-summer PDZ.....

See ya' there. :cool:

post-3432-1136333770_thumb.jpg

Aw, man... it must be 'art' or something, because I don't get an identical determination as everyone else:

Revolution: Looks like it might be for kids, but you should know better by now. Oh yeah, see next line.

PS3: Least Common Denominator

360: For the 'lots of disposable income' crowd.

Frankly, I'm stocking up hot and heavy on _this_ generation. So much that I fear I may have overpurchased.

And now for a more rational train of thought:

The 360 will get the bugs worked out. The modchip scene will figure out how to make it quite useful I'm sure.

The PS3 and revolution are vaporware and hype as far as I'm concerned. They'll get here, I'll probably want those eventually too. Until there is NDA-free hardware and specs are sitting in front of me, it's still a rumor.

It's easy to get whipped up in the hype; I've just been disappointed one too many times and have learned to sit back and wait for good oppurtunities or reasons to buy.

Hex.

[ "Dude! Rabbits aren't cool!" --Rintaro; Medabots ]