IGNORED

Three Consoles, Two Markets, One Hope

HardWork

It'll be the same as last generation. Everyone will have a great big pissing contest about the big three, while the silent majority that no-one ever considers - the little kids - will carry on buying Nintendo handhelds and games by the million.

The GBA won last round, the DS will win this one.

• 2 weeks later...
Indeed.  Most older gamers are rather jaded and carry the most patience in a new console tussle. I'll pick up all three over time.

Regarding KR2600:  Yes, the game is moving forward.  I will post again in the 2600 forum when I am ready to show it.

993521[/snapback]

Ya right, Thats the ticket :roll:

• Haha 1

I hate Butterfinger and I hate The Simpsons. Good choices for the Rev, there...  :ponder:

992422[/snapback]

I Hate Fun!!!

992544[/snapback]

:P

Seriously, if the Revmote was a Wavebird with the gyroscopic functions added, I might have jumped on the bandwagon but that... that thing is going to be an ergonomic disaster... :ponder:

I hate Butterfinger and I hate The Simpsons. Good choices for the Rev, there...  :ponder:

992422[/snapback]

I Hate Fun!!!

992544[/snapback]

:P

Seriously, if the Revmote was a Wavebird with the gyroscopic functions added, I might have jumped on the bandwagon but that... that thing is going to be an ergonomic disaster... :ponder:

1003057[/snapback]

Why not wait untill you try it before knocking it? Everything i've read from places that have had a hands on say it works beautifully.

At first Nintendo was on top, then with the PSX in 1995, Sony made it to the market earliest. Then again in 2000 with PS2. Microsoft made it first this time so they'll probably win.

994519[/snapback]

Your logic baffles me, not only that but you don't have the facts right either. Sega beat sony to market both times and got them a fat lot of nothing. So being first doesn't make it a sure fire seller.

• 5 years later...

Nintendo didn't do bad with the causal gamer and family gaming which I think is what they've been going for all along but Sony might as well start on the Playstation 4 now cause the Playstation 3, well it should have been called 3D0 Mark II. Sorry Sony fans but that's my opinion and you know what they say about opinions....

LOL I kept thinking "what the hell is a revolution...I want one" Then I thought "oh yeah, it's the wii, it sucks balls, and I could give two schits less about it" :P

PS3 was WAY to expensive, and by the time it dropped enough to be relevant, it was no longer relevant (to me) :lol:

As for 360, it's exactly what I expected it to be (with the exception of the red ring issue, but that should be gone with the slims) I've bought more games for the 360 this generation (so far) than I bought for the "big three" last generation. Sad, but true. Not only that, but even with all those games, there are very few stinkers, then, I do buy things based largely on what I like, rather than hype.

In 2-5 more years, it'll be interesting to see where we are at that point.

LOL I kept thinking "what the hell is a revolution...I want one" Then I thought "oh yeah, it's the wii, it sucks balls, and I could give two schits less about it" :P

PS3 was WAY to expensive, and by the time it dropped enough to be relevant, it was no longer relevant (to me) :lol:

As for 360, it's exactly what I expected it to be (with the exception of the red ring issue, but that should be gone with the slims) I've bought more games for the 360 this generation (so far) than I bought for the "big three" last generation. Sad, but true. Not only that, but even with all those games, there are very few stinkers, then, I do buy things based largely on what I like, rather than hype.

In 2-5 more years, it'll be interesting to see where we are at that point.

I bought a Wii because I liked Nintendo's games. I bought a 360 for Rock Band and a few titles I really wanted to play in HD. I bought a PS3 because I needed a reliable BluRay player. All three have worked well for the purpose for which I bought them. However... in hindsight, I probably didn't need the 360. All the games I bought for it were eventually released on PS3, and even though I originally liked the 360's Netflix streaming and video storage, once those features hit the PS3, I preferred them on that platform. For most of the non-gaming extras, 360 did it sooner, but PS3 did it better.

I'm curious to see what develops as this generation winds down and the big three prepare for the next. There are a lot of things that happened this time around that I DON'T think will be repeated in the future, and that's going to make it really interesting.

• Like 1

All I know is that Nintendo's got to come up with a pretty good gimmick next time 'round, now that MS has controller-less motion controls. I can't imagine Nintendo trying to compete power-wise.

Even if all they made was a Wii 2 with better ergonomics, more power, and more precise controls I think it would be awesome so long as they continue making their amazing 1st party games!