IGNORED

XBOX 360 to iPod help.

Famicoman

That's because those songs bought specifically on iTunes are DRM protected. They won't play on an unauthorised machine. Neither will any protected files bought from online music services, played through any other company's MP3 player. That's the way the Xbox 360 was designed.

Do what everyone else does, save the music as audio files onto a CD-R, then re-import them back into iTunes. Changing them to Redbook audio files will remove any DRM protection. Then just rip them back to your computer, and update your iPod.

Edit: sebastius already answered your question before I could. I don't think you'll be able to save DRM protected files as WAV files, it probably won't allow it. Audio files are the way to go.

Edited by SteveW

Once JHymn works with iTunes 6 you can just strip the DRM off your iTunes store files, then obtain the AAC patch at the XBox 360 Live Marketplace. Of course, if you didn't upgrade to iTunes 6 and didn't purchase any new files since its release you can still do this. This way you would be losing any sound quality through reencoding.

That's because those songs bought specifically on iTunes are DRM protected. They won't play on an unauthorised machine. Neither will any protected files bought from online music services, played through any other company's MP3 player. That's the way the Xbox 360 was designed.

That might just be an iTunes things. I can play DRM songs I downloaded from my Napster subscription just fine.

That might be because they've got a deal in place with Napster. After all, Napster is licensing WMA technology from Microsoft. I've read that they didn't bother asking Apple if they could make the Xbox 360 compatible with the iPod, they just made the 360 compatible with as many MP3 players as they could.