IGNORED

Joystick preferance

Atarinvader

I can't decide. I like using the NES controller for the nostalgic of it, and the handling. Of course the PSX controller has alot better feel and grip.

I guess I would have to say using one of my Ultimate 15 VCS controllers, as it allows me to lay in bed and change the settings and restart the game with a push of a button. Allows me to be a Atari potato I guess you could say

Of course I am always looking for a controller to try-out. The "frankenstein" controller I made from a PC Joystick and Atari CX40 merged is a nice one. I can have the standard CX40 feel and have a better grip and fire buttons on the handle

I'd really like to get my hands on the controller listed here at AtariAge. It looks like a airplane machine gun, rather interesting

quote:

Originally posted by smf_4ever:

I am a classic.. I use the original stick.. But I am looking forward to the the NES creation from Junie..

Just to let you know all the parts have arrived and I have been busy building all the controllers and should start shipping later this week

I have made some modifications to the connectors and quite pleased with the results

For me, nothing has come close to the original 2600 stick. It's the perfect size, it's super-responsive, it's easy to repair...everything the PointMaster (et al) was not. A close second is the Bally Astrocade "grip" controller (too bad it only works on the Astrocade!) and third place, although my hands are a little too big for it now, is the little Amiga joystick (before Amiga was a PC!).

I'm up with the GemStik as well, it's a great stick.. Or the classic stick is fantastic as well.

by the way Stan, I've got a couple new GemSticks still in the box if you ever wear yours out.

I've got some Wico red bat sticks, they are as close to arcade as you can get, I do fire them up on occastion, just depends on the system..

Speaking of Joysticks, I picked up 5 today at Goodwill for 50¢ each and they work perfect

Look at the image below to see them. On the far left is one by Wico, I got two of these, and they are nice (The fire button is on the side). In the middle is a Tac 5, I got two of these as well-- It has two buttons on front and 1 on the handle. The last joystick on the right I don't know anything about.

Does anyone know anymore about any of these joysticks? I've never heard of these personally.

joysticks.jpg

quote:

Originally posted by Junie:

Speaking of Joysticks, I picked up 5 today at Goodwill for 50¢ each and they work perfect

Look at the image below to see them. On the far left is one by Wico, I got two of these, and they are nice (The fire button is on the side). In the middle is a Tac 5, I got two of these as well-- It has two buttons on front and 1 on the handle. The last joystick on the right I don't know anything about.

Does anyone know anymore about any of these joysticks? I've never heard of these personally.

joysticks.jpg

I actually owned that middle one. It was an ok controller...

My fave is the Mindsccape Powerplayer! I used to know a guy who had a mess of them (he had a store in Lombard Illinois), and have been trying to track him down to see what happened to his inventory....

Junie, the one on the left is the joystick I use. Wico makes it and it is superior to the Epyx 500XJ.

I can't remember the name of it, though. Bought two of them ten years ago and they still rock.

It's the only one I use to kick the computer's ass in Double Dunk.

I am a classic.. I use the original stick.. But I am looking forward to the the NES creation from Junie..

For some games.. I do use my Sega genisis 6 button pad (more comfortable than the regular 3 button)..... maybe I am getting old.. but me button finger (thumb) doesnt have the stamina I once had..

I haven't been happy with either the Proline or the joypad from Atari, so rather than get something else I decided I would fix the problem with modern hardware. I'm working on an adapter that will use an unmodified Playstation controller and translate that input into something an Atari console can use. While I'm at it, I've decided that I should add custom joystick configuration, right keypad emulation (Star Raiders), paddle emulation (rather difficult), and a few more things.

It is rather ambitious, but I think it is possible. Maybe it'll work next month. I'll get back to making it now.

quote:

Originally posted by Junie:

Just to let you know all the parts have arrived and I have been busy building all the controllers and should start shipping later this week

I have made some modifications to the connectors and quite pleased with the results

WHOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!!! In the words of the poet and rock star Wesley Willis.."You Rock the Llamas ass.. you are a singing hyena!!."

Ohhhh.. my little brother just reminded me of the little death stick.. I think it is called the quick shot.. it is a small palm sized joystick.. with a small little stick itself. it works GREAT for Decathelon and Track & field.. (just stick your palm on top of the stick and go!!..).. but it had a bad habit of creating the worst little blisters in the middle of your palm.. and leave that indent.. lol..