IGNORED

bally midway road runner - with pictures!

20eyes

I have a chance to get one of these from a co worker for a hundred dollars, but supposedly the monitor is dead.

Does this sound like a good deal? If its in descent shappe I may buy it.

I havent actually seen it yet so i'm not sure what kinda shape the cabinet is in.

Any info would be appreciated

Here is a link to one on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-1977-ROAD-RUNNER-...1QQcmdZViewItem

post-5315-1149288214_thumb.jpg

Edited by 20eyes

I have a chance to get one of these from a co worker for a hundred dollars, but supposedly the monitor is dead.

Does this sound like a good deal? If its in descent shappe I may buy it.

I havent actually seen it yet so i'm not sure what kinda shape the cabinet is in.

Any info would be appreciated

Here is a link to one on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-1977-ROAD-RUNNER-...1QQcmdZViewItem

993489[/snapback]

It's pretty rare, they changed the name to desert gun before they made too many. Of course black & white games aren't really worth that much no matter how rare unless they're death race or something.

• 4 months later...

I should be picking this thing up hopefully in the next few weeks, I would have gotton it a while back already but money has been a little tight lately. This thing is HUGE! I was surprised when i saw it.

All I need is the manual for it. I guess his wife threw it out years ago....

I was reading my randy fromm big blue book and apparently gun game monitors are more prone to quitting. What is common for failing on these?

I'll post some pictures when i get it.....

I would like to get an electro-mechanical game like that some day. It seems in the years 1976-1977 everything changed to solid state. My 1976 Grand Prix pinball is one of the last electro-mechanical pinball machines made, and there were even a few solid state prototypes made of that game. Even better would be an EM/SS helicopter game like This One

And I would also like to know why gun games have higher monitor failure rate than other games.

That's not electro-mechanical. It's a video game (solid state I'd wager).

I know, that is why I said I would like an EM game like that one someday (since they made tons of shooting EM games that came in the same style cabinet) I would also assume this one is solid state since it is a 1977, and has a monitor.

• 3 months later...

I'd like a Hercules pinball by Atari. That sucker is huge. I know someone who has one, but not working.

I just saw one of those at Cedar Point. Marvelous Marvins used to have one too. It's an interesting 'gimmick' machine, but it sucks balls to actually play.

Tempest

• 12 years later...