IGNORED

Atari Chat Tonight

doctorclu

meant on the 8bit. was going to use bobterm

Sorry. Bobterm will work, but I prefer Ice-T XE (it's 80 column, and has ANSI support).

Since I use APE, I go into the term, and type "ATDT atarinews.org". That "dials" in to the board. The rest is same as any machine, just enter your login info.

sorry i had to cut out so quickly! (Brother in law needed a ride to the airport)

But i had to say that it was really cool connecting with my 130XE. I hadnt really done that in a long time.

Plus i need to tweek a few things with my monitor. I was getting a white background and black text that was just a tiny bit fuzzy.

Have a Sakata SC-100.

Anyways, i'll definately make future chats!

sorry i had to cut out so quickly! (Brother in law needed a ride to the airport)

But i had to say that it was really cool connecting with my 130XE. I hadnt really done that in a long time.

Plus i need to tweek a few things with my monitor. I was getting a white background and black text that was just a tiny bit fuzzy.

Have a Sakata SC-100.

Anyways, i'll definately make future chats!

Cool - there are some easy tweaks to get a decent color scheme and clear text. See ya soon.

It's chat time!! (See above messages for directions on how to get there.)

1010460[/snapback]

Would like to think everyone that showed. We had about 12 people from 8 pm CST till 12 am CST. (and beyond, that was when I left.)

Lot of fun.

Next chat times are...

10 am CST Sunday

8 PM CST Tuesday

Figures...I logged in at 12:47am and no one was there... :(

Maybe next time.... /sigh

post-5822-12724301312_thumb.jpg

Argh - missed you by about 10 minutes. I had to grab a few hours sleep before work though. Maybe next week. I always hop on Darkforce before hitting the chat too - I will send you a reminder.

Can't get ICE-T to work: I go into the dial dialogue and the input field fills with the letter "j"...

What version of ICE-T XE are you using? The newest version I am aware of is 2.72. Also, what are you using to connect to the PC? Do you know what driver was loaded with Ice-T?

I can try to help you later this evening when I am home, but I think we are separated by a 6 hour time gap.

Hahah!

ICE T is a piece of crap..

That is a well known bug.. It is even present in the latest version..

Has to do with ICE-T's incorrect/bastardized manipulation of the "R:" handler..

Flashjazzcat, use a real ATARI with SIO2PC and latest version of APE, and you wont have that problem.. But the problem is with ICE-T..

Argh - missed you by about 10 minutes. I had to grab a few hours sleep before work though. Maybe next week. I always hop on Darkforce before hitting the chat too - I will send you a reminder.

Thank you, much appreciated! :)

I can only make it every other Tuesday because of my work schedule, and somehow, I

always seem to forget it...or something comes up...or there are Aliens in the corn

field, or something... :)

Hahah!

ICE T is a piece of crap..

That is a well known bug.. It is even present in the latest version..

Has to do with ICE-T's incorrect/bastardized manipulation of the "R:" handler..

Flashjazzcat, use a real ATARI with SIO2PC and latest version of APE, and you wont have that problem.. But the problem is with ICE-T..

Can you suggest a better 80 column ANSI term for the A8? Preferably one with a scrollback buffer? Don't suggest Flickerterm, because that really is a piece of crap.

Can't get ICE-T to work: I go into the dial dialogue and the input field fills with the letter "j"...

I had this before - if I recall this was the fix:

Keyclick Setting

When initially using this program, I had a problem with "screaming Js". I won't go through all the details, but if you have such a problem, try changing the key-click to "Quiet" or "None". I know this tip has helped at least one other person besides me. I don't know what causes it, but it does fix it.

I had this before - if I recall this was the fix:

Keyclick Setting

When initially using this program, I had a problem with "screaming Js". I won't go through all the details, but if you have such a problem, try changing the key-click to "Quiet" or "None". I know this tip has helped at least one other person besides me. I don't know what causes it, but it does fix it.

Thank you VERY much. I'll give that a try, and hopefully catch the next chat. :)

Pfft.. No it isn't..

It does the infamous "j" problem any time you are using an "R:" handler that is recognized as a standard 850 R: handler, but isnt..

The problem lies in the way that ICE-T is manipulating the handler. He makes calls to specific points within the handler code, instead of using normal "system legal" calls to the handler..

He does this in order to try to get better performance out of it, because the program is already so damn slow on the 80 column drawing routines.. He's attempted to make an I/O/buffering system that is more optimized to the specific needs of ICE-T.. But he's calling specific adresses within the 850 handler for certain functions of his routine..

The "jjjjjj" problem happens with Atari800win's R: handler, as well as the MIO's built in R: handler as well.. ICE T thinks these are the stock atari 850 R: handler, and so assumes it's OK to manipulate them in the manner described above..

Flashjazzcat, using your optimized 80 column routines, a much better 80 column term program could be written nowadayze... You could call it "The LAST TERM".. or "Flash TERM" or something..

Pfft.. No it isn't..

It does the infamous "j" problem any time you are using an "R:" handler that is recognized as a standard 850 R: handler, but isnt..

The problem lies in the way that ICE-T is manipulating the handler. He makes calls to specific points within the handler code, instead of using normal "system legal" calls to the handler..

He does this in order to try to get better performance out of it, because the program is already so damn slow on the 80 column drawing routines.. He's attempted to make an I/O/buffering system that is more optimized to the specific needs of ICE-T.. But he's calling specific adresses within the 850 handler for certain functions of his routine..

The "jjjjjj" problem happens with Atari800win's R: handler, as well as the MIO's built in R: handler as well.. ICE T thinks these are the stock atari 850 R: handler, and so assumes it's OK to manipulate them in the manner described above..

Flashjazzcat, using your optimized 80 column routines, a much better 80 column term program could be written nowadayze... You could call it "The LAST TERM".. or "Flash TERM" or something..

Could be an interesting project...

In any case turning the keyclick off cures it. However, I still can't dial in (Atari800WinPlus with R: patch). Presumably I need to boot the 850 handler.

...has anyone got a working RS232 boot disk? I've tried half a dozen handlers and am getting nowhere.

Edited by flashjazzcat