IGNORED

Atari Chat Tonight

doctorclu

Well...as it turns out, the patients for the Sleep Lab all cancelled out so the other tech

asked if he could work my shift so I'm home! :)

Logged in now, Doc Clu is here but he's not responding. Probably fell asleep at the

keyboard - you know how these younger people are... :)

• 6 years later...

https://www.atari8ethernet.com/Download.html

scroll down to telnet 65 around year 2017 for dragon cart...

fujichat .5 rev 3 4 or 5....

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/134208-atari-8-bit-irc-client-fujichat-03-released/?p=3627169

it will work just fine with con64 or con80 some claim at 19,200 but I always used 4800 or 9600 just to be sure, some irc sites at the time used lots of positioning so ymmv that is why I claimed only a high 86-89 percent 'no problem' rate. I haven't really had any issues that prevented conversations, just some navigation issues for some of the weird implementations out there.

You will need a lantronix, perle, or other slip capable solution to use with fujichat... or cygwin, contiki etc as a bridge....

telnet://irc.atarinet.com:800

telnet://irc.atarinet.com:400

is another way to get in the room using the standard lantronix, perle, ape, tcpser, methods of entry with most favorite terminal programs

https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=##Atari

with your web browser.... might even work with offerings for browsing on the a8ethernet project... some contiki stuff etc.

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 1

what do you need to get online?

I have literally nothing to get an Atari online as yet. I'm not interested in an 850+virtual modem solution it feels like a backwards step, I want either a dragoncartII (or drakaris or whatever they are calling it now) or a SIO Wi-Fi solution.

The SIO Wi-Fi is my preferred solution; but one with hardware flow control does not as yet exist, whatever solution it is, it needs to work with my 1088xel with the lid on the 65mm case. This year is the year I start playing around with programming embedded devices. The irony is that I will probably end up with a software version of an 850 and a virtual modem!

• Like 1

glad to see you made it in,

folks should also be aware that if a bot joins, or someone is a blabberbot about something you don't care for endlessly, just use the /ingore theirnickname function :)

then get on with you Atari conversation, or friendly chat. You can jump into your own private chat room/windows etc if you wish.

sometimes folks want to discuss a specific thing as a group out of the main room, a person simply joins and uses another irc nick such as pbi design... then folks can join that room/ window and discuss it.