IGNORED

Posters?

Gregory DG

Ok, I had a great idea for my upcoming computer training biz... I will have three rooms: The main classroom, the breakroom, and the printer/study room. I've been wanting to put framed posters on the walls, but I didn't know what they should be. Today as I was sniffing the drying paint on the walls, I got it.

In the main computer classroom, I want to see posters of the classic computers. Altair, TRS-80, Vic-20, C64, Atari 800, XL, ST, Amiga, Mac, etc. until we get to the PC (the last poster.)

In the printer/study room I'd like to have posters of all the great things that came out of Xerox PARC. Like the laser printer, mouse, GUI, ethernet, etc.

And in the break room (can you guess?) I'd like posters of classic game systems: 2600, Colecovision, Intellivision, etc.

Now, the real question is: Where could I find posters like this? Are there such a thing, or will I have to create them myself? I'm thinking maybe advertisements? Or something like the attached:

Anyway, if you know of posters (or ads that would make good posters) let me know! :D

post-590-1136855129_thumb.jpg

I think that you`ll not find anything good and hi-res at the same time - even scans at arcadeflyers.com would look nice on the postcard, but not on A4. Making poster yourself is not an easy task, and as I understand now requires special skill. Next is what I did some time ago trying to create poster.

And regarding your attached image - There were no 2600 in 1977 - it was called VCS then!

post-6724-1136856875_thumb.png