IGNORED

New Atari 2600 Archives Website - Bjars.com

Hello!

I started working on a website last week as a place to put all of my Atari 2600 hacks - and expanded it to include all of the Atari 2600 related stuff I've downloaded since I joined AtariAge in 2002. There's still more I can add - but it's pretty complete now. It's very similar to Paul's MiniDig (and does include some of the same content), however I've expanded the content a bit - there are almost 100 disassemblies to download, and lots of other applications, documents, utilities, and programming info. As an aspiring programmer, it's been a lot of fun reading through everything as I was adding it to the site.

All of the content on the site was downloaded from here at AA, the stella archives, the original Dig or the MiniDig, but if you're the author of something that's posted on the site and you don't want it to be there, let me know and I'll remove it immediately. I've attempted to put links to the original locations of everything when possible.

The site link is http://bjars.com/ . It's on a free webhost that allows 1GB of transfer per month, hopefully that will be sufficient. BTW, Bjars is just the first initial of everyone in my family, I couldn't think of a good .com name that wasn't already registered :)

Enjoy! :cool:

Steve

Edited by Atarius Maximus
  • Thanks 1

Hello!

I started working on a website last week as a place to put all of my Atari 2600 hacks - and expanded it to include all of the Atari 2600 related stuff I've downloaded since I joined AtariAge in 2002.  There's still more I can add - but it's pretty complete now.  It's very similar to Paul's MiniDig (and does include some of the same content), however I've expanded the content a bit - there are almost 100 disassemblies to download, and lots of other applications, documents, utilities, and programming info.  As an aspiring programmer, it's been a lot of fun reading through everything as I was adding it to the site. 

All of the content on the site was downloaded from here at AA, the stella archives, the original Dig or the MiniDig, but if you're the author of something that's posted on the site and you don't want it to be there, let me know and I'll remove it immediately.  I've attempted to put links to the original locations of everything when possible.

The site link is www.bjars.com.  It's on a free webhost that allows 1GB of transfer per month, hopefully that will be sufficient.  BTW, Bjars is just the first initial of everyone in my family, I couldn't think of a good .com name that wasn't already registered  :)

Enjoy!  :cool:

Steve

997583[/snapback]

Just a thought...

A "new" version of PCAE was just recently released, but it hasn't exactly been posted anywhere that I know of, so maybe you could host that latest PCAE release on your site?

Michael Rideout

Just a thought...

A "new" version of PCAE was just recently released, but it hasn't exactly been posted anywhere that I know of, so maybe you could host that latest PCAE release on your site?

Michael Rideout

Sure, I can do that. Is 2.2 the latest version? That's the one I see on the website.

I think he wants people to PM him for it. At least that's what I thought I read in that thread.

998993[/snapback]

Ah, after reading more closely, I see that. Thanks for pointing that out. I'll send him a PM.

998994[/snapback]

If for some reason you can't reach John, or he no longer has it, he had sent me both the source and executable files, and I can email them to you if need be. I think John also sent them to other people who had PM-ed him, so *someone* may already have it up on the web. But it certainly wouldn't hurt for you to host it as well, especially since I don't think any future updates will ever be made for it (at least not by John).

Michael Rideout

Hi there!

Looking really good so far! :)

One small suggestion I have:

Could you possibly subdivide the "disassemblies" section some?

Just because the source code for Gunfight for example is certainly no disassembly, but my original code.

I'd suggest these categories:

Homebrew game Sourcecode (Gunfight, Climber 5, etc)

Homebrew other Sourcecode (Boing, Clown demo, etc)

Original game Sourcecode (Solaris, Venture, etc.)

Original other Sourcecode (RedBlue, Monitor, etc.)

Hack Sourcecode (BigBucket, SI Delux, etc.)

(BTW: The Elevator Action link is using a wrong reference)

Greetings,

Manuel

Hi there!

Looking really good so far! :)

One small suggestion I have:

Could you possibly subdivide the "disassemblies" section some?

Just because the source code for Gunfight for example is certainly no disassembly, but my original code.

Homebrew game Sourcecode (Gunfight, Climber 5, etc)

Homebrew other Sourcecode (Boing, Clown demo, etc)

Original game Sourcecode (Solaris, Venture, etc.)

Original other Sourcecode (RedBlue, Monitor, etc.)

Hack Sourcecode (BigBucket, SI Delux, etc.)

(BTW: The Elevator Action link is using a wrong reference)

Greetings,

Manuel

999501[/snapback]

Manuel,

Glad you like it, and thanks for the suggestion - that's a really good idea. I had thought about organizing it that way, but that was after the 'disassemblies' page was already completed. ;) I know there's a definite distinction between original source code and disassemblies. Hmmm... maybe I'll create separate tabs and make them two separate pages entirely?

Thanks for letting me know about the link to Elevator Action, I'll make sure that's fixed.

Steve

Everything has been categorized as you suggested. :) Thanks for your input. If you see anything you think should be in a different category, let me know.

Steve

Hi there!

Everything has been categorized as you suggested.  :)  Thanks for your input.

Thanks a lot, I think that's a big improvement already! :)

If you see anything you think should be in a different category, let me know.

SIDelux.asm should move into "Hack Disassemblies" I think, as the general rule for a regular disassembly should be that it compiles into the original binary.

StarWarsTAG.asm and Riddle-pal.asm are transcribed from printouts of the original source code, so they should move to "Original Game Source Code".

I think "Commented Disassemblies" and "Partially or Uncommented Disassemblies" could be merged into one category. As is, the categories are already mixed a lot anyway: There's not many comments in Super Cobra or Battlezone for example. Maybe have them all thrown into "Reverse-Engineerings in various states of completeness" or so ;)

EDIT: There's still not all links working.

Greetings,

Manuel

Hi there!

Everything has been categorized as you suggested.  :)  Thanks for your input.

Thanks a lot, I think that's a big improvement already! :)

If you see anything you think should be in a different category, let me know.

SIDelux.asm should move into "Hack Disassemblies" I think, as the general rule for a regular disassembly should be that it compiles into the original binary.

StarWarsTAG.asm and Riddle-pal.asm are transcribed from printouts of the original source code, so they should move to "Original Game Source Code".

I think "Commented Disassemblies" and "Partially or Uncommented Disassemblies" could be merged into one category. As is, the categories are already mixed a lot anyway: There's not many comments in Super Cobra or Battlezone for example. Maybe have them all thrown into "Reverse-Engineerings in various states of completeness" or so ;)

EDIT: There's still not all links working.

Greetings,

Manuel

999607[/snapback]

Thanks again for your input! I made the changes you suggested, and I also clicked on every link on the source and disassembly pages to make sure they worked. I found about 7 or 8 that I had to fix.

Steve

Looking good Steve. Check your PM. You also might want to alphabetize the listings.

999651[/snapback]

Thanks Debro. I made the changes you suggested as well. Alphabetizing the entries is a good idea, but I think I'm going to wait on that until I've got everything listed that I want in there - I've still got more to add.

Steve

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I just started looking into some of the files in detail. I'll try to report my findings here.

For the start:

Bankheist.asm should be moved from "Original Game Disassemblies" to "Hack Disassemblies", since Nukey already doctored around with it :)

Good Point. I just updated it. :)

Steve

• 2 years later...

Hello!

My bjars.com website is still out there, it looks like people are using it as I've gotten thousands of visits since I first started it. If anyone has any more suggestions or additional tools, source code, or disassemblies they'd like to see added post 'em up here or send me a PM. I'd be happy to add anything that would make the site more useful and up to date.

Thanks,

Steve

Hello!

My bjars.com website is still out there, it looks like people are using it as I've gotten thousands of visits since I first started it. If anyone has any more suggestions or additional tools, source code, or disassemblies they'd like to see added post 'em up here or send me a PM. I'd be happy to add anything that would make the site more useful and up to date.

Thanks,

Steve

PM sent!

Hello!

Thanks,

Steve

PM sent!

Your file has been added to the Source Code page. Thanks!