IGNORED

Ultimate 15 VCS System Now Available

Junie

First a short note. My website has been moved to a new webhost due to many problems and is now available at http://juniescreations.netfirms.com. It can also be reached by using my forwarding link as always http://embark.to/juniescreations.

My Ultimate 15 VCS Atari 2600 system is now available, and can be ordered from my Online Shopping cart.

The system is available in the Atari 2600 6 Switch, 4 Switch or Junior models. It comes complete with the modified system console, 15-Pin Controller, power supply, and Male F Connector to RCA Plug (Cable ready Adapter). Also my Ultimate 15 VCS manual is included, for proper useage.

In case you don't know what the Ultimate 15 VCS system does here is the details. All of the standard switches on the Atari 2600 console are available to be used in the 15-Pin controller. In other words you can switch the TV Type, Game Select, Game Reset, Left Difficulty, and Right Difficulty switches on a controller instead of getting up and doing it yourself on the system.

It allows you to be a true Atari Potato

Also a Power On/Off LED is bulit in (Next to the Power Switch) to let you know if the system is off. I personally left my system on accidently for a few days and decided to add a LED so it would be easiler to tell when the system is off.

Many more updates and additonal hardware will be added to the system as needed, and many more ideas are being worked out and should be available in the next few months. Atari 2600 game authors are more than welcome to request updates and various add-ons to allow for new methods and hardware to enhance the Atari 2600 game play.

I plan to add more hardware and make a "more advanced" system as long as the system proves to be popular. So look for many new advances and gaming improvements to come from Junies Creations.

It sells for $21.50 plus the cost of the Atari 2600 system. Due to the wide varying prices for the Atari 2600 the cost of the system is not included. If you order a Ultimate 15 VCS system you will be e-mailed the total cost including the system.

The system usually costs $30 - $45 I give you the actual price it costs, I do not mark-up the price. Also if the system includes anything else such as joysticks, paddles, games, etc. you will also recieve these as well.

So the actual cost will be around $51.50 - $66.50

To help save on the cost of the system you are move than welcome to send in your Atari 2600 system. Or if you can get a system at a lower cost fell free to do that as well and send it in to be modified. Then the system will cost you around $29.50 if shipped to me with USPS.

Stan from Atarinvader has wrote a article about my new system, and it should be available soon.

If anyone has any questions about something let me know at junies_c@hotpop.com

quote:

Originally posted by AtariKari:

Junie -

Wow ! Congrats; I will order one of these as soon as I finish typing this. I have been waiting for this to come out for a while, and am happy to finally get a chance to get one.

Question: I have a 2600 Jr. that I'd like to send in to be modified. I plan on modding the system myself for composite video when I get the time. Does the 15-pin mod affect my option to do this?

I have an additional Jr. with the quick composite mod installed (the one here on AtariAge). Could I sent that one in, or should it be the unmodded one?

Regardless, congrats again, and woohoo! Couch potatos unite!

Thanks Mike, I have recieved your order check your e-mail for details.

The Composite Video mod doesn't effect the Ultimate 15 VCS system in anyway. So feel free to send in either system, modded or original.

If you do open up the Atari to do the Composite Video mod, or to look around, just be careful. I use more than enough to allow for the system to be taken apart with the two halves laid side by side with room to spare.

Junie -

Wow ! Congrats; I will order one of these as soon as I finish typing this. I have been waiting for this to come out for a while, and am happy to finally get a chance to get one.

Question: I have a 2600 Jr. that I'd like to send in to be modified. I plan on modding the system myself for composite video when I get the time. Does the 15-pin mod affect my option to do this?

I have an additional Jr. with the quick composite mod installed (the one here on AtariAge). Could I sent that one in, or should it be the unmodded one?

Regardless, congrats again, and woohoo! Couch potatos unite!

To answer (?) my own question, Stan writes on www.atarinvader.com, "This 15 pin port will appear in addition to the regular controller ports." This means the regular port will still function correctly for paddles, etc., yes?

Also, from the site, "However, the 15-pin controllers that will be available with the Ultimate VCS do not yet feature all 5 switch functionality just yet. Modified controllers will follow soon after the release of the system."

Eh? What type of NES controllers, then, will come with the system? Should I opt for the switchbox to ensure I can use the 15-pin joystick in the future? How does the switchbox work? Is is pass-through?

When do you expect the modified joypads to be available?

I know this is a lot, but I want to make sure I'm getting what I think I'm getting.

Thanks!

Here is a message to try and anwser all the questions and comments posted so far. Look below for your anwser

quote:

Originally posted by atarinvader:

Stans article is being processed as we speak. It should be avaliable within half an hour.

And by the way well done Junie, I'm looking for an NTSC system and I may just invest!

Thanks Will for the compliment, if you are looking to get the system e-mail me and we will work out a deal

Of course if you are interested in a PAL system I could do that as well, I just have to find one.

quote:

Originally posted by RangerG:

Junie --

Please consider doing the composite mod either on the advanced model or as something we can send in our 2600 and have done. I want to have this done but don't trust myself and my electronic ability . Take care -- RG

I have found a "universal" Composite Video mod that works on all versions of the Atari 2600 (6 Switch, 4 Switch, and Junior).

I will just have to find the time to do, as I have a system to do the mod on. I am not going to set a release time on this, but I imagine they will be ready by the end of this month.

I will offer original Atari 2600 systems with the modification, my Ultimate 15 VCS system with or with this mod as well, and of course all any system to be sent in to be modified.

If your interested join my Newsletter, you can do it from any of my webpages. I also post here at AA of course

quote:

Originally posted by Viso:

It would be really easy to connect an Ultimate 15 VCS controller with two buttons to a NES.

For 7800 style triggers, inverters will be required.

What are you referring to? All of my controller already have Atari 7800 fir button (Left and Right button) support. Even my first controller has this.

So are you suggesting a update that I already done or what?

quote:

Originally posted by AtariKari:

To answer (?) my own question, Stan writes on
, "This 15 pin port will appear in addition to the regular controller ports." This means the regular port will still function correctly for paddles, etc., yes?

Also, from the site, "However, the 15-pin controllers that will be available with the Ultimate VCS do not yet feature all 5 switch functionality just yet. Modified controllers will follow soon after the release of the system."

Eh? What type of NES controllers, then, will come with the system? Should I opt for the switchbox to ensure I can use the 15-pin joystick in the future? How does the switchbox work? Is is pass-through?

When do you expect the modified joypads to be available?

I know this is a lot, but I want to make sure I'm getting what I think I'm getting.

Thanks!

The 15-Pin NES controllers DO have control of all 5 switches. If you look at the 15-Pin NES Joypad at my website they have 3 additonal buttons built in that allow the NES controller to make full use of all the 15-Pin controls.

The 15-Pin Switch Box is simply a game cartridge with switches, it plugs into the new 15-Pin controller port. Then a controller is simply plugged into the standard controller ports, just like normal.

-------------------------

If anyone else has any questions or comments just post away I'm going to go read the article from Stan now.

[ 05-24-2002: Message edited by: Junie ]