IGNORED

Auction problems...

jerrykurtz

Whether he did or not it's a hard point to argue. His description is paper-thin, and it could be argued that you should have asked if the whole box was as good as what was shown. I'm of the opinion that he probably did take the picture in such a way as to portray only its favourable aspects, but there's not a whole lot you can do except maybe bitch the guy out for not properly disclosing its flaws.

I had that happen before, but with a NES game.

I got the Namco version of Ms. Pac-Man. Upon the picture, it looked perfect, but it was showed at an angle, just showing the front, so I'm expecting a new conditioned game.

I get it, and the label ends right at the end on the front, the little lip that goes over the top of the cartridge was ripped clean off.

Kinda sneaky if you ask me. He does say "as pictured" but you obviously can't see the top of the box in the pic. I, myself, would let him know that you were displeased that the box wasn't intact. See if he will  refund a couple of dollars.

998531[/snapback]

I think that that's pretty much spot on. The "as pictured" epithet doesn't serve any useful purpose in the description, except in the sense that the seller hasn't told you anything about any part of the item that isn't in the photograph. I can't think why anyone would have used that turn of phrase if they weren't trying to conceal the flaw that they knew to exist. He didn't lie about the item, he was just (as British politicians say) "economical with the truth".

I would do just as Guitarman suggests.

Edited by deathtrappomegranate

I get crap like that on eBay all of the time. I buy a lot of items and I would say at least once a week I get some kind of crap like that.

The seller sells a lot of stuff. I know of at least 2 ID's that he sells under and I believe that he is a collector as well but I could be wrong about that. Try contacting the seller and see if he will work something out.

Hello,

I won an eBay auction the other day for a boxed Mr. Do, and when the package arrived, I was surprised to see that the top flap of the box was completely torn off.

Mr. Do auction

What are your thoughts -- do you think the seller purposely concealed the condition of the box?

Thanks,

Jerry

998520[/snapback]

Absolutely the seller concealed that. He knew it wouldn't sell for nearly as much if he pointed it out, and set up his auction to deliberately hide the torn off flaps. Mcgrail, If you posted or PM'd me the other identities he sells under I would appreciate it so I never buy off him, but if you don't want to then that's cool as well. I'll just keep it in my head to ask more questions before I bid. My funny story of the week is when I asked the seller how much for shipping this Heavy Sixer, he replied "Sorry, no international orders" when his auction is listed to worldwide. He would have increased his auction by at least $15 if he let me bid. I'm not mad though. If he's going to be like that I glad I didn't buy from him anyway as there will always be problems later. So in a way he saved me some trouble. ;)

I won this on Ebay last year now the box is for sale on my site with a good pictureAtari Racing Pak boxed

And It had 2 pictures that looked great and hid the bottom and a real sucky descript and I paid alot and when I got it I was very mad. The seller made good on the deal for me after I emailed him. He is an Atariage forums member but does not post much and he also got me on a double ender Xonox cart that had 4 screw holes showing.

I would say he was trying to conceal the torn box. You should contact him and let him know that you are NOT satisfied with your purchase. Even though his description was "paper thin", that is one thing that should have been pointed out. Very deceptive. :x

Well, I did send him an email via ebay's system after I posted my concern on this forum.

I haven't gotten a reply yet, and honestly, don't expect I will. I've been collecting C= stuff since 96, and Atari 2600 off and on for about 4 years, and this is the first time I think I've been burnt like that. At least it wasn't for a lot of money.

I guess I got exactly what was pictured -- after all, the picture didn't have the top of the box in it. :roll:

What really has been pi**ing me off lately is that a lot of people are shipping stuff in those crappy-a**ed bubble mailers. A loose cart may be OK, but boxed games don't survive our postal service. I think my mailman takes it as a personal challenge to get those mailers stuffed into my mail box so that he doesn't have to bring the package to the door. Ugh! :x

Anyway, hopefully the seller is a person of character and helps me out...

Jerry

What really has been pi**ing me off lately is that a lot of people are shipping stuff in those crappy-a**ed bubble mailers.  A loose cart may be OK, but boxed games don't survive our postal service.  I think my mailman takes it as a personal challenge to get those mailers stuffed into my mail box so that he doesn't have to bring the package to the door.  Ugh!  :x

Anyway, hopefully the seller is a person of character and helps me out...

Jerry

998893[/snapback]

Damn... he did that? I don't understand why anyone would use a bubble mailer to ship a BOX. Hell, you could drop it in a Priority Mail box down at the Post Office... at worse you might need a little newpaper in there to keep it from shifting.

I don't know... tough call here... I couldn't say whether you should neg this jerk or not. One thing is for sure... don't ever bid on his stuff again.