IGNORED

Ladybug - 2600

johnnywc

Love the little "vanity plate" you put in the intro screens from Level 19 onward by having your initials flash on and off where the letter bonus targets appear.

That was fast! How did you get up to level 19? Did you use the skip level cheat?

Yep!

I thought so! The easter egg will be disabled when you use the skip-level cheat in the release version. (I should of done that before) And reaching level 19 is not how it's triggered (that's part of it)! :)

Oh well...still a great game anyway.

Thanks! Don't worry - the easter egg will still be in the release version - just not so easy to get... :)

Here is RC5:

- if you use a cheat, easter eggs are disabled

- optimized some code to free up some space

This should be the last build (hopefully)...

ladybug_RC5_NTSC.bin

ladybug_RC5_PAL60.bin

I know I'm late to the party here, but I just wanted to chime in with a big "WOW!" for this game. Lady Bug was always my favorite Intellivision game, and I lamented the fact that there was no 2600 version. I had long assumed it couldn't be done, but I just played RC5 in Stella and it is GREAT!

Nice work!!!

Hello everyone,

Well, the end of the road for the development thread on Lady Bug. I just browsed through all 23 pages and 550+ posts - it's been quite a ride! You have all been very helpful with your suggestions and inspirational with your support, and both are appreciated immensely. Thank you.

I sat down last night and got a chance to play the *final* build, and I am very pleased with the results. The game looks, sounds, and plays much better than I ever expected. Of course, the looks came from Nathan's inspired artwork, the sounds from Bob D's (PacManPlus) guitar :), and the play from all of the game testers on AA. This was truly a community effort and I am very proud to have been a part of it. With that said, I look forward to starting my next project very soon, whatever that may be. :cool:

And as usual, no post by me is complete without at least one more build and my never-ending quest for perfection :roll: . Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the *FINAL* build for Lady Bug:

- fixed a bug that would play a cached sound at the end of the veggie tune (most noticeable with the door-open sound)

EDIT:

New high score: Part 23 - 480,830 :)

Have fun!

ladybug_FINAL_NTSC.bin

ladybug_FINAL_PAL60.bin

Edited by johnnywc

And as usual, no post by me is complete without at least one more build and my never-ending quest for perfection :roll: . Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the *FINAL* build for Lady Bug:

If you're sure this is the final version, I can add a stella.pro entry to the mainline code, so the next version of Stella will work out of the box with this ROM. What info would you like added (name of developer, exact name of ROM, etc)??

BTW, excellent work on the game :)

Awesome conversion on hardware that shouldn't be able to do this. OUTSTANDING work.

Thank you very much for the kind words. Glad you like it!

Played it a bit today. Here's how I did: post-343-1156996827_thumb.png

:-o WOW!!! Unbelievable! That score is very impressive! I'll have to play a game on NOVICE also to see how I do on that level... - my high score of 485,000 still stands for STANDARD. ;)

Thanks again!