IGNORED

Mountain West Gaming Night (Utah)

Shaggy the Atarian

If you live in or close to Utah this is for you!

The Mountain West Gaming Night will be held on January 27th, 2006 at 7pm in Salt Lake City, Utah. It is being hosted by Packrat Video Games and will feature door prizes, competitions, lots of stuff for trade, pizza and sodas for everyone. We also will be giving away a lot of hardware related stuff to anyone that shows up (joysticks, AC adapters, etc.)

Every Atari system should be there as well as a huge variety of games thanks to the CC2. Carts such as Tronman, Wolfenstein, BattleSphere (hopefully linked; Atari Jaguar), Alpine Games (Lynx) and more should be there as well, so it should be a lot of fun!

If you're interested in coming, please reply to this thread!

Thanks!

EDIT: Here is the address of the event!

167 1st Ave. Suite 39

SLC, UT 84103

Edited by Shaggy the Atarian

Yay! AtariChick might be there! :D

@ Everybody: I've sent a message out to a few people, but I may have missed some of you Utah residents. If you are reading this and would like to be there, please post and let us know! :)

And also, if you have games to trade... :ponder:

This will be fun! :cool:

Gateway PMed me at digital press. Thanks man! :D I'll try to make it. my schedule is all messed up as of jan 9. I don't really have anything to bring for trade or to play considering I don't own any atari's, but I'm down for some crazy classic gaming!

don't mean to steal your thread, but whats the dl on packrat video games? never heard of them :dunce:

I have to rely on the old whale, game crazy, rhino, and the bay for games. the second hand stores around here suck for game content.

anyone ever go to the swap meets in west valley?

It's good to see that we'll have a decent sized group of people there. Oh, if you're wondering about parking, there should be some available on 2nd ave. (I admit that I've never visited 2nd Ave or 1st, so I hope I don't get lost or park somewhere I shouldn't).

Packrat VideoGames is based out of Utah and sells some titles for most of the classic consoles as well as some great 2600 hacks/homebrews like Wolfenstien VCS :)

I've found most of my games from going to local DI's. I really haven't gone back to the DI after getting my Cuttle Cart 2 though. :D I have been to the Indoor Swap meet in WVC, but I have missed out on the others. Are there usually some games there?

Oh, I almost forgot to ask this. Would anyone be interesting in seeing Tempest 3000 for the NUON? If so, I'll see about bringing mine, if not, I'll leave it at home.

Edited by Shaggy the Atarian

I'm getting excited! We'll have four TV's set up and a projector going, as well as my upright Phoenix arcade. We'll also have some fun contests and prizes, including free Atari hardware for anyone that shows up!

On a side note, if anyone has an old X-box lying around, I'd love to trade for one. Everything on our website (and more) will be available.

I'll also try to get permission to demo a few of our upcoming titles for the Atari 2600 and O2.

Best,

Jarett

P.S. Please feel free to PM me if you need directions to my place, help with parking, or whatever.

@AtariChick: That sounds like one of those "Game Brain" devices? I think Jarett has one of those but I don't remember if they work or not. Bring it. It won't hurt to play around with it and see if we can fix it. :)

I called my cousins tonight and it sounds like at least one of them is "interested" in coming. They've both played Atari, but are more into the newere consoles. I'll know for sure later this week.

There's still a few people who haven't read my PM to them about the get-together. I hope they see it before the night of the event. :ponder:

Hope you can make it, Teknik! Bring your wife with you! :D

Brainstorming of uncommon 2600 games I can bring for people to try out:

Polo

Reindeer Rescue

Marble Craze

Swordfight

Sea Battle

Holey Moley

Stunt Cycle

3000 A.D.

Frog Pond

Entity

Rush Hour

Crack'ed

Bobby Needs Food

Gremlins

Dawn of the Dead

Tronman

Wizard

Secret Agent

Any requests? I'll let you know if I own it.

Also, does anybody want to see systems there besides Atari? i.e. Colecovision, Intellivision.

Shaggy is bringing his NUON! :lust:

Jarett, you got PM. :cool:

I called my sister and her boyfriend tonight, who live in SLC, and they are planning to be there! :cool:

Though my cousins can't make it. The older one is an avid gamer, so much so that we can seldom get him to leave his room, let alone his house. :roll:

Yes my NUON with all of it's games will be there. So if you have never seen Tempest 3000 before, this will be your chance!

I also will bring Gorf, which was just released for the Jaguar CD and it's arcade perfect! I'll probably run a contest on that game as well.

And if you have a Lynx, bring one, I'll like to ComLynx on a game or two if possible :)

The night was a lot of fun and I think it could be called a success! There was plenty of gaming going on and it was great talking with a few of you from the forums, as well as seeing some games I had only heard about previously. The competitions were a lot of fun, although now I kick myself for not participating in the Warlords comp. as I love that game! Oh well, maybe next time. (Speaking of a next time, if any of you want to start planning for that, LMK). Either way Fall Down was a lot of fun! Too bad I'm horrible at Phoenix :x

I look forward to the pictures that Jarett took being posted. Will they be posted here?

Now that I think about it, I should have taken a Sega Genesis off your hands Jarett. My brother who had to leave early wanted one.

• 4 weeks later...

yup, I missed it. darn jewelry party. oh well, my two babies were sick too, so it wouldn't have been a good idea anyway.

any plans for a sequel? mountain west gaiming night 2... the return of the NUON?

and what about pics yo?

anyway, I'm looking forward to having time to do, well, anything, but this is definitely high up on MLoTtD

yup, I missed it. darn jewelry party. oh well, my two babies were sick too, so it wouldn't have been a good idea anyway.

any plans for a sequel? mountain west gaiming night 2... the return of the NUON?

and what about pics yo?

anyway, I'm looking forward to having time to do, well, anything, but this is definitely high up on MLoTtD

1022706[/snapback]

I made it to this. It was great fun. I believe we were talking about trying to have one every few months. Hopefully the next one can be an all day thing on a Saturday or something since it's about a 4-5 hour drive for me. Was well worth it though.

• 3 weeks later...

*bump

Just a reminder for the pics...that and to startup a discussion on when we want to do this again. I know several of you liked the idea of doing it every three months. Well, it's almost that time! :D

I would like to do it before June hits myself. My manager will be taking maternity leave around June for awhile so I probably won't be able to make it once she starts that as I'll be acting manager then. Also would like to try for an all day Staurday if possible to get more gaming in. The first one just went by too quick.

not at my house. i'm too far north in UT, I got some rugrats running around, and the tv i have for games is pretty poor.

I think SLC was fine like last time, but I know there are other ppl from CO that attend.

It would be cool to set it up at large open location, but I don't want to volunteer anyone to facilitate a place like this or ask anyone to pay to rent a place out. although I wouldn't mind chipping in.