IGNORED

GORF classic

The Graphics Man

'Tis the first time that I actually wish that I owned a Jag!

1006801[/snapback]

You could always buy one. There are some other cool games for it too.

Peter

1007122[/snapback]

And if you cant find a CD and want to still play Classic Gorf..we are working on a cart version now....and also trying to keep the cost down again...hang tuff folks

more fun on the way.

(overlooking Debbie Downer statements... dot dot dot )

Really though... if you've never owned a Jag CD it's a very cool system. I think the biggest thing is that future releases are most likely going to be on CD (as with a few past releases) and there's a few in the pipeline.... mmmmm :)

(and just look at those breathtaking images I posted!) Yes, they are breathtaking! :love:

*better than the minty zing after brushing your teeth in the morning... *

:cool:

Edited by Clint Thompson

Thanks to all who ordered.  It was a lot of work getting the orders ready, I'd much rather be programming.

1005633[/snapback]

You should look into having AtariAge distribute them for you.

Save yourself some time and effort.

Chris

1007519[/snapback]

Scott needs another wave of big orders right about now. I don't want him to rest yet. ;)

Thanks to all who ordered.  It was a lot of work getting the orders ready, I'd much rather be programming.

1005633[/snapback]

Chris

1007519[/snapback]

Scott needs another wave of big orders right about now. I don't want him to rest yet. ;)

1007543[/snapback]

Just sent Scott another batch of manuals today so it'll be back to work for him soon!

1005633[/snapback]

Chris

1007519[/snapback]

1007543[/snapback]

Just sent Scott another batch of manuals today so it'll be back to work for him soon!

1007548[/snapback]

Excellent, mahaha...

Actually the license owner of the 'game' design concept is one thing, but that is not the owner of the code works for the jag. Ergo isn't the copyright applied to that? also.. So the designer could say download away, but if the code fro the Jag is written by someone who doesn't want you to do this then no.. you can't for that machine.

Well that seems to make logical sense to me..

and whens my copy getting here ? :) Anyone else in the UK got theirs yet ?

The Galaxian level, unlike a lot of the other home versions, is definitely in there.  That's one of the reasons I highly approve this release.

1008074[/snapback]

Though like Galaxian, Gorf's "Galaxians" is different in name and in how they actually play(slightly but enough) to avoid any copyright infringment.

The name is copyrighted, and was originally licensed from Namco for the arcade release. How is it free ot copyright infringment now?

Wouldn't the existance of the name itself cause issues?

xGorf.png

Kind of like how Atari can't include ports of games it created but licensed back in the day for the 2600. The 2600 port of Galaxians is a lot different than the arcade version, but they're not allowed to include it in say Atari Anthology.

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 1

The name is copyrighted, and was originally licensed from Namco for the arcade release. How is it free ot copyright infringment now?

Wouldn't the existance of the name itself cause issues?

xGorf.png

Kind of like how Atari can't include ports of games it created but licensed back in the day for the 2600. The 2600 port of Galaxians is a lot different than the arcade version, but they're not allowed to include it in say Atari Anthology.

1008173[/snapback]

The Galaxians level for the 2600, 5200 and 400/800 might had been cut out, do to the carts for the these systems can't hold that much data. :ponder: If you played the Jags Gorfs you can see it is slightly different.

Edited by walter_J64bit

I'll tell ya what I'm so impressed about. $35.00 for a Jaguar game!! I'm so used to new releases coming out (on cart) for $60-90 (or in the case of that one, infamous game, the price of a used automobile). So, I'm overjoyed!

Here's a game I've always loved, and now I can own a version for my beloved jaggie! And I don't even have to hock or eBay anything. Joy!

Oh, I also really, REALLY like this comment, from your website:

"Unlimited run - will be produced to meet demand"

and

"There will be NO limit on the number of standard edition copies produced. They will be produced according to demand. "

Again, a classy thing to do as well as say. No "used automobile" eBay prices for your creation, and that I applaud!

I just bought myself a copy.

Thanks to everyone involved, for continuing to support our favourite Atari.

Smeg

I'm glad as a Jaguar community we care so much about copyrights that we were able to stop the production of such copyrighted (and unlicensed) titles as Barkley and Brett Hull!

When did this happen then??? I just checked B&C's website & cant find BH, but Barkley is still there :?

It is very strange how the Jag community acts to me. Even when we get what we want (new releases :P ) we have to find someway to shoot ourselves in the foot, why???

Gaztee

:twisted:

Your game looks great. I am really impressed by the artwork on the cd

and box. :)

Yeah, I don't understand the scrutiny... The Atari 2600 community

doesn't seem to have this problem?

I think some people are mad becasue you are continuing to support

a system they don't like.

Chris

Smeg, it is you and people like you why I will CONTINUE to support this system, regarless of the whinning of those who dont have a clue yet post like they do.

Thanks dude!

Steven Scavone

C.E.O. 3D Stooges Software.

1008498[/snapback]

You're welcome, Steven. And again, thanks for all the time and effort! I'm tellin' ya, we just don't get all that much new stuff. Especially, easily affordable stuff. I'm stoked, man! Can't wait 'til it arrives!

Smeg