IGNORED

GORF classic

The Graphics Man

Mine just arrived today.. seems Gorfs fleet has made it to Europe.. have you noticed the hidden signal in the noise in our satleite system? It seems to be a countdown.... :)

The box mine arrived it is almost entirley covered in stamps :) tempted to keep it :)

Alas I am not home for lunch and my Jag isn't setup when I do get home.. WAAA will have to fiddle..

Very impressed with the packaging and the CD Printing.

nice one.

I was going to point out the stamps thing myself, but I wouldn't want to look like a nerdish stamp collector :P

Wait, I am a stamp collector...

Funny was that my stamps were all over the top side of the box, and they were images of carpets.

By the way, Linko, maybe this is the right place to 'fix' the satelite issue, since the Newton isn't around anymore and maybe we have to power up our PortFolios

Edited by Paolo

I am not happy... I thought this gorf was a high quality product! it's rubbish!!!

Won't boot in my mac, won't boot under linux, windows, OS 9, FreeBSD, Solaris.. I even tried it in the toaster, now it's gone all gooey and smells funny!

What a load of rubbish

:lol:

I will try it soon, just need the time to get all things Jaggy dug out

I am not happy... I thought this gorf was a high quality product!  it's rubbish!!!

Won't boot in my mac, won't boot under linux, windows, OS 9, FreeBSD, Solaris.. I even tried it in the toaster, now it's gone all gooey and smells funny!

What a load of rubbish

1009671[/snapback]

What you haven't tried in your XBOX? :lolblue:

My son says it's difficult!

I explained him that there has been a time when games weren't made to be browsed like webpages, but you had to *actually* play the game.

BTW, he is a classic addict (I tought him well). He is testing on my behalf the Connect4 and Othello games :)

Mine just arrived today.. seems Gorfs fleet has made it to Europe.. have you noticed the hidden signal in the noise in our satleite system?  It seems to be a countdown.... :)

The box mine arrived it is almost entirley covered in stamps :)  tempted to keep it :)

Alas I am not home for lunch and my Jag isn't setup when I do get home.. WAAA  will have to fiddle..

Very impressed with the packaging and the CD Printing.

nice one.

1009492[/snapback]

Nice job! Thanks for the support.

Oh and, gorfian technology can read signals so far away, it would make

the distance of the Hubble look like a broken lense in comparison...oh

that's right it is broken! :P Silly carbon based technology.

Edited by Gorf

I never got round to buying it before it was pulled  :( My other half was gonna get it for me as a valentines/anniversary present  :love: . Keep it up Gorf i'm really looking forward to this game!

1009681[/snapback]

Carzy as this seems...due to popular demand...we will sell the remaining buggy version to those interested. Again, neither bug is at all detrimental to gameplay.

One is a score bug were the demo mode adds the score if collisions between the dormant(cuz you cant control him during demo mode) player ship and another enemy worth points occurs. It does not affect the actual scores in anyway just a cheesy shameful bug. The other one is actually kinda spectaclur in the way it wigs out, then resumes normally in demo mode. This has drawn more attention to this build and I have decide to sell the rest. It will now have some collector value as it will be one of only about 100 blues...then we fix and reprint the new ones with the fixed code. An inexcusable bug nonetheless.

Edited by Gorf

The bug is not even detrimental and your game is fully operable. The game acts a bit confused on your last ship if your missile hits and destroys the flagship after he hits you with a fireball.

1010105[/snapback]

I think any option of a replacement is way better than nothing.

I was told from the website this is a port of a classic arcade game, but now I have one that is really close but has some bugs in it. If I ever made an arcade cabinet with this game in it, I wouldn't want it wigging out or adding score on the attract screen... because the arcade doesn't.

I guess I just don't like things that are "fully operable (with bugs)"

The bug is not even detrimental and your game is fully operable. The game acts a bit confused on your last ship if your missile hits and destroys the flagship after he hits you with a fireball.

1010105[/snapback]

I think any option of a replacement is way better than nothing.

I was told from the website this is a port of a classic arcade game, but now I have one that is really close but has some bugs in it. If I ever made an arcade cabinet with this game in it, I wouldn't want it wigging out or adding score on the attract screen... because the arcade doesn't.

I guess I just don't like things that are "fully operable (with bugs)"

1010193[/snapback]

I'll refund you. Send it back.

.......But before you do......

Are running Windows of anykind, are you going to make Mr. Gates replace it with

a bug free version? Would he even offer? I know what ever I do as a make up is more than you would EVER get from any other software producer. Relax. You will

get something. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the rest of it. Me sending you a disc in an envelope is more than you would get elsewhere else and I think more than fair enough. I may just release a mini game to all who bought the buggy version.

There are now only `90 blues with that version. Im getting plenty of requests for these discs. In fact, send the package back and I'll put a new bug free disc in it.

I am sure someone would more than love to buy your numbered version from

me.

The fact is, I owe you nothing...read the fine print on the manual. I am doing this

out my respect for you fans. I will gain NOTHING from this .I will at my descretion make it

up to you EVEN THOUGH I AM NOT OBLIGATED legally. This is what I have said

fron the begining. You know the game just went up in value

from a collectors point of view. Try to buy a gorf Arcade for under 50 dollars.

Try to buy gorf this close on any other console at ANY price.

I dont want to sound like a prick but I need to put this in perspective for you.

Your post had a bit of a unfair crack at me after I have already said I would do something about it. Kick em when he's down? Remember, there are other orphaned systems out there that I think would show as a base a hell of a

lot better appreciation for some one trying to support the system they love than

the crap Im getting here....dont worry you'll get your fix.

Hello,

Thanks everyone for your support...thanks Albert for the plug and I hope you all enjoy it for many years to come.
As I wrote in the "apologies" thread... in case you didn't see my reply there.

My wife told me that my Gorf arrived on Saturday, #30 of #50 thanks, I just

wish that I could play it, but work keeps me away from wife and kids, and

Gorf too!I really look forward to playing, and I'll for sure take a cartridge as

well. It's just great to see the release, and all the fans you've made so happy.

Ignore the people who only crawled out of the woodwork to nitpick or to start

flames, clearly if they can't be bothered to be an active part of the community

normally by posting (in general) then they have negative reasons for doing so

now. I know lots of Jag fans who don't post on forums but are very happy to

see your excellent release, and everybody should be impressed by your very

positive response to finding a bug. You could so easily just have said that you

would fix the bug and put that CD in with Gorf Pluz perhaps, making people

buy another version to get the fix. I applaud you, you've done us all proud.

Cheers,

JustClaws.

I would just like to say that I admire Gorf and anyone else who takes the time to develop a game for any system. There are always those who believe that they could do better but never attempt it themselves. You have my support Gorf from the far flung shores of the UK so keep up the good work and I look forward to any other games you might one day release;)

Hello,
Thanks everyone for your support...thanks Albert for the plug and I hope you all enjoy it for many years to come.

Gorf too!I really look forward to playing, and I'll for sure take a cartridge as

well. It's just great to see the release, and all the fans you've made so happy.

Cheers,

JustClaws.

1010610[/snapback]

I agree... And I think quite profound to know there are other fans out there outside Jag forums getting a real kick out of the release of "Gorf". :) I don't think I've been this excited since the release of the "Krocodile Cart"... Congradulations.

I would just like to say that I admire Gorf and anyone else who takes the time to develop a game for any system.  There are always those who believe that they could do better but never attempt it themselves.  You have my support Gorf from the far flung shores of the UK so keep up the good work and I look forward to any other games you might one day release;)

1010639[/snapback]

Hear, hear I couln't agree more, keep up the good work! :cool:

Hello,

Cheers,

JustClaws.

1010610[/snapback]

Thanks JC! I hope you get a few hours of Gorf in soon. Oh and thanks for your support!

I would just like to say that I admire Gorf and anyone else who takes the time to develop a game for any system.  There are always those who believe that they could do better but never attempt it themselves.  You have my support Gorf from the far flung shores of the UK so keep up the good work and I look forward to any other games you might one day release;)

1010639[/snapback]

Thanks Fox! We will supprt you (Lord willing) as long as we are able. This

stuff is fun, but it dont pay the bills. :cool:

Awesome!

The mighty Jaguar is back, with a 2006 release, 12+ years and still kickin' baby! I would say the N64 is just about a bunch of bones and dust in its 64 bit (my ass!) grave and the Jag' just got a lovin' cup o' gaming goodness.

I remember a lot of talk about Gorf about 5 years ago. Ass kickingly good to see it released.

Glad to be back.

'Nuff said.

I have extensively edited this thread -- and while I do not like doing that, and it is something that I would not normally have done, I made an exception to try and save this thread from becoming another albatross on the Jaguar community's neck.

Consider it an olive branch. Or don't...

Please reserve your comments in this thread to discussion of the Jaguar version of GORF. If this cannot be done in a civil fashion, the thread will be locked.

What a load of rubbish

1009671[/snapback]

What you haven't tried in your XBOX? :lolblue:

1009677[/snapback]

XBOX!! BLERGH!!! don't do XBOX :)

I am gonna slap it in the lathe later and plane it down to a smaller disc and try it in my GameCube :)

I have extensively edited this thread -- and while I do not like doing that, and it is something that I would not normally have done, I made an exception to try and save this thread from becoming another albatross on the Jaguar community's neck.

Consider it an olive branch.  Or don't...

Please reserve your comments in this thread to discussion of the Jaguar version of GORF.  If this cannot be done in a civil fashion, the thread will be locked.

1011203[/snapback]

Hey I understand that you want to make peace. I still dont see the need

to edit the thread. I do appreciate the hope of reasonable discussion of

Gorf. I m always glad to answer any questions on Gorf. Look, if people

complain, let them. It comes with the territory. Not to mention, I like a

good debate. I have nothing to hide nor be ashamed about( well the bug

is not at all cool but....). Let the good times roll I say! I don't hold grudges. I'm

here to support the Jaguar community. I have just too much invested: money,

heart, and soul to quit now! I say let folks say what they want. Im a big boy.

I can handle it. IT does not mean I wont stand up for myself whe I feel unfairly treated. But I'll do my best to keep this a positive thread. Hey Im jus glad AA

is supporting the jaguar and Gorf Classic.

:)

Gorf

Hey I understand that you want to make peace. I still dont see the need

to edit the thread. I do appreciate the hope of reasonable discussion of

Gorf. I m always glad to answer any questions on Gorf. Look, if people

complain, let them. It comes with the territory.

Complaining/debating is fine. Personal insults and name calling is not. If people have issues with each other, it's best left to PM. Everyone in the community doesn't need to know about it.