IGNORED

You know (POKeMON and Perfect Dark related)

shadow460

It would be great if there was at least a way to run Perfect Dark on the N64. As it is, I cannot get it to boot at all when I turn the N64 on. I just get a blue screen. Oh, and exactly where does this cartridge fit on the N64!?

I know, I know, "just plug in into the slot on top, you moron." But my cartridge doesn't fit the slot. My cart is the little clear one with a triple A battery inside. It says "Perfect Dark" on the front and "Rumble" on the back.

Actually, I'd like to play the Gameboy color version on a larger, lighted screen, courtesy of my N64. I've got about halfway through the missions, and I'd really like to finish it with an actual console.

If I have to, though, I'll eventually finish it on my CGB. It's just that it takes both hands to play, all the time, and Ilike to play the gameboy while I'm eating or something. I suppose I could just stick my face into the food, as this would free up both hands to play.

nintendo made it so we could play POKeMON, obviously, and I kind of wonder what it would have taken to add in that kind of option into the N64 Perfect Dark?

I know there's a way to run Gameboy Classic titles and probably Gameboy color titles on the N64 as it is. There might even be a Gameshark code that makes POKeMON Stadium 1 or 2 (US versions) do it. I've looked in my N64 Gameshark, but there are no codes forPOKeMON at all. POKeMON Staduim 2 games doesn't like it when I plug the CGB Gameshark into the Transfer Pak, with or without any POKeMON cart.

I was thinking there was a device like the Super GameBoy that worked with the N64. I don't recall the Tristar running Gameboy titles, but maybe it does.

Now if I can play the Final Fantasy Legend on my N64, that would simply rock.

Yeah, the first part is supposed to be funny.

I looked on Wiki today. It says there's a "Game Booster" that's supposed to make Gameboy titles playable on the N64. I don't know if it has its own GB slot or if it uses the Transfer Pak. Just search Transfer Pak on wikipedia to find out more.

That's also where I got a list of titles that run with the T Pak for both Gameboy and N64.

Why collect such titles? I feel like they are part of a complete N64 collection. I feel like I should have some pocket monsters that I can load up and battle, or some scores for Mickey's Speedway USA, Mario Tennis, or Mario Golf.

Really, Perfect Dark doesn't do squat with the Transfer Pak. If you're good at PD or Goldeneye, you won't need the Transfer Pak or the CGB cartridge. You'll be able to get the cheats the old fashioned way.

On a side note, though, I believe it's the only Rumble Cart that has anything to do with the Transfer Pak. The only other one I think would be a rumble cart is the Mickey game.

I've heard nothing but bad things about the "Game Booster," just like the Tristar that plays NES/SNES games on the N64.

IMHO the most practical thing would be to play GBC PD in the GBplayer of the Cube.

Gotta love jargon ... WTF does "IMHO the most practical thing would be to play GBC PD in the GBplayer of the Cube. " mean? ;)

I've heard nothing but bad things about the "Game Booster," just like the Tristar that plays NES/SNES games on the N64.

IMHO the most practical thing would be to play GBC PD in the GBplayer of the Cube.

Gotta love jargon ... WTF does "IMHO the most practical thing would be to play GBC PD in the GBplayer of the Cube. " mean? ;)

1004727[/snapback]

Could be worst. Replace "the most practical thing would be to" with "just."

Drop GBPlayer to GBP.

And 'Cube to GC.

"IMHO just play GBC PD in the GBP of the GC."

We've almost got more acronyms than words now. :P

GC costs $$$.  TP won't work with GC, and PS 1 and 2 require TP to run with Red and Blue.

CGB PD won't run in TP.

I have N64, but no GC.

1005015[/snapback]

Actually all six of the GB/GBC Pokemon games play on Stadium 2 through the Transfer Pak. But I also thought it was bad that Nintendo never had a unit to play Gameboy games on the N64 like they did with the SNES and later the Gamecube.

Even if you bought a used Gamecube with a used Gameboy Player, that will cost a little over $100. Too much just to play a few games. But I have that set up and it is great to play Gameboy games on your TV. Of course I have to share the Cube with my older son whose hooked on Fire Emblem :( .

Just get an emulator and the ROMS, heck, you own the original cartridge so i guess you could do it with a clear conscience :)

1005184[/snapback]

I've done that. I've purchased some of these games three times over already.

The reason why I want something for a console, though, is to save my game to the actual cartridge and then play it on the Gameboy when I'm on the go.

Some games, like Power Mission, use a password system, which makes it possible to play a few levels on an emulator, then play the next one on the Gameboy cart as if you'd played all of them on it.

And yes, I think if you've paid for the game, or acquired it by some other legal means (given to you, etc.), you've got every right to download the ROM and use it in an emulator. Ditto if the ROM has been made public domain.

Big N made Gamboy interfaces for the SNES and 'cube, but I have an N64. I was left out. :_(

OK, I'm changing my posted photo, then. Everyone only thinks that's a picture of me.

My skin is atomic purple and someone opened my hatch and crammed this "expansion pak" thingy into me. It hurt me, but I realized after that I was twice as smart.

I love killing James Bond every chance I get, and my owner just keeps playing. I like the fact that all my guys can take three shots to the head without dying.

I love flashing the subliminal messages that say "Sony sucks."

Unfortunately, my owner won't play Mickey's Speedway USA or Aidyn Chronicles with me anymore. I like those games a lot.

Ah, my life as a Nintendo 64. My best buddy is an Atari 7800, and we sit by each other on the DVD player.

Back to reality, I think it might make a good homebrew project to build a CGB or even a GBA to N64 cartridge.

I thought about getting a cube once or twice, but I want to stick with what I've got for a while. It's not that big a deal, having to stare at that tiny little screen, but in the future, I want to avoid doing that at home.

• 9 months later...

Actually, wiki says a device was made, but it doesn't give any details.

I think it was developed by someone in Europe.

If I'm not mistaken, it's the Datel "Game Booster".

I had one of these, but I could never, EVER get it to work. You plugged the GB color cart into the game booster, put an N64 cart into the SIDE of it (to defeat the lockout chip, I think?) and then plugged the mess into a passthrough so it fit in the US N64 slot. NEVER ONCE did I get ANYTHING to come up.

I think I threw it out in frustration. It was free, but still a stupid thing to toss. :(