IGNORED

Infamous Landfill Music Video

trusty

I just saw this link on Attu and thought I'd check to see if anyone else had seen it.

Not bad for an ultra low budget video. I guess the majority of the budget went into

aquiting ET carts. At about 1 cent per cart it looks like they have about $10 worth!

Its a pretty good video but I would have liked to have seen them take it a step

further with the history lesson. I probably would have including some screens about

how much money they were loosing and taken some creative license and directly

linked the ET game with the company's collapse in 1984.

Haven't posted around here in ages (but I still always check the front page for news) but when I saw this video I just had to come here and post about it! And someone already beat me to it!

I think it's brilliant and well done! Obviously, somebody in the band Wintergreen is a classic Atari gamer! Hardly anyone outside of classic gaming circles knows about the mythology and lore of the E.T. cartridges. LOVE IT!

Hehe, nice video. It gets quite some attention. Even the biggest German politics magazine "Spiegel" has a feature about it:

Link to the Spiegel article

"Wie Atari E.T. begrub

Früher haben Bands noch lieber über Liebe, über soziale Ungerechtigkeit oder einfach über den Sinn des Lebens geschrieben. Heute widmen sie sich Videospielen. Das zumindest tut die Band Wintergreen mit ihrem Song "When I Wake Up". Das durchaus sehenswerte Video zum Titel beschreibt, wie der damalige Spielkonsolen-Hersteller Atari seinerzeit eine grottenschlechte Videospiel-Adaption des Kino-Hits "E.T." auf den Markt warf, damit beim Publikum scheiterte und später, so will es die Legende, Millionen Spiel-Cartridges in der Wüste verbuddelte. Angeblich haben die Musiker einige hundert davon sogar eigenhändig mit Schaufel und Spaten exhumiert."

How Atari burried E.T. :)

Marc.

I liked how they had the 2600 E.T. running across the dessert like that . Really cute video.

But I disagree, E.T. was not the worst 2600 game.

Though I think that the E.T. code should be hacked to give E.T. a ray gun to blast those %$#@& people that keep chasing him. A "E.T.: Mars Attacks" version. Be nice if you can blast those buildings too. :D

This video is very cool, I had numerous people email and IM me about it yesterday. Will have to post some news about it shortly. :)

At the end of the video, wonder if all those cartridges are real?  :ponder:

1006476[/snapback]

To me it looked like someone had peeled all the end labels off the carts, but I guess they could have been turned the other way. I doubt they are all E.T. carts or they probably would have left the end labels showing.

..Al

you lazy people :-)

http://keithschofield.com/et/wintergreen-when-i-wake-up.wmv

really cool. And as far as this being a 'myth' the onus is on you to prove otherwise, there is already enough sufficient, real, evidence.

Fun little song and video, too. I think I had that many ets at one point :-) and for the record, I still think ET is a good game (not great, sure, but it is good.)

They are going to be performing on February, 2 2006 at The Scene Bar 806 E Colorado St., Glendale, CA 91205. Maybe someone who lives near there can get an autographed copy of E.T. and get the band to show up on here.

I noticed that their record label is Mt. Fuji Records

They are on myspace.

http://www.myspace.com/wintergreen

I'm not sure whether they are all ETs or not at the end, but they must of bought alot for the scene in the dump. Probably 100 or so they tossed up out of the hole. And those were ETs..

1006685[/snapback]

Probably could have remanufactured labels for the dump scene, I've got a couple hundred Star Raiders that would work.

I'm not sure whether they are all ETs or not at the end, but they must of bought alot for the scene in the dump. Probably 100 or so they tossed up out of the hole. And those were ETs..

1006685[/snapback]

Probably could have remanufactured labels for the dump scene, I've got a couple hundred Star Raiders that would work.

1006754[/snapback]

It would not be very difficult to come up with 100 E.T. carts. I probably have that many myself. :)

..Al