IGNORED

Infamous Landfill Music Video

trusty

Neat video!

Too bad the actual song is forgettable pap that barely has anything to do with the subject matter.

/will now try to figure out what song would be better

1008177[/snapback]

"I Know You're out There Somewhere" by the Moody Blues?

"I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" by U2?

"Digging in the Dirt" by Peter Gabriel?

The theme from "Sanford and Son"?

I'll stop now. :D

what i mean staged is it not really the spot they where buried. at first i thought it was the real spot then on this forum it said was not real. so is it or is it not the spot where they where buried are they really digging up the old carts buried years ago or did they make it look as they where.

what i mean staged is it not really the spot they where buried. at first i thought it was the real spot then on this forum it said was not real. so is it or is it not the spot where they where buried are they really digging up the old carts buried years ago or did they make it look as they where.

1008365[/snapback]

Totally staged.

..Al

1008365[/snapback]

Totally staged.

..Al

1008390[/snapback]

Yep. For one thing, the real cartridges were steamrolled and encased in concrete (and may have still been in their packaging as well), so the odds of finding a pile of usable cartridges in some sand dune are pretty much nil.

This is not to mention the landfill Atari opted to use had a policy against "looting." Assuming the landfill is still in business, these guys wouldn't have gotten very far.

Oh well, it's still a good video.

This is act of genius from Wintergreen. What better way to highten awereness than by word-of-mouth on the internet.

Within hours, links to the video appeared on numerous game-related websites all over the world.

Their website is down now, probably due to the massive amount of people checking in.

:)

This was highly entertaining, BUT.....  I would have liked to see steadier shots in the beginning.  There is no benefit to seeing the shaky TV screen.  Inspite of the shaky video it was well done.

1009381[/snapback]

I think what they were going for was a "home-video" style of shooting, like Curb Your Enthusiasm or The Office. Those shows didn't need tripods under their cameras to be awesome. I think it makes the viewer seem less removed from the action.