IGNORED

Can't Remember ST Game? Ask The Experts!

Well, i like to create a thread for those who cant remember the names of Atari ST games. This will help people from creating many threads starting with 'can't remember'. However, i am no expert in helping people remember game names, but i'm sure this forum has many people who can help. We agree that Atari has been part of our lives, from the times of recreational purposes when having a break. Playing 'Kick Off 2' after your studies etc. We will never forget these memories, and shall stay with us until the day we die. Therefore, post all those games you cant remember for the ST over here.

To start with, can anybody help me out? :D Please try to understand that i was a little boy when i used to play the following game, therefore i might not be able to remember that much.

Game number 1) I remember that my cousin came over and wanted to play the ST. He checked my collection and found 'Shadow of the beast', however on the front of the floppy disk, it was written: 'Shadow of the beast, Amiga Version!?'. I put the floppy in the ST and turned it on. Instead it was not 'Shadow Of The Beast', it was some guy who looked a lot like 'tarzan' (obviously only underpants) who had many 'beams' for weapons. This character could jump onto rocks in high distance. You also have to kill small\large enemies. - THATS ALL I REMEMBER, CAN ANYBODY HELP ME OUT?

Game Number 2)The whole game was based on dominoes, only that you would have to sort out certain dominoes to knock every single one down. I remember that some dominoes were coloured 'red'. -THATS ALL I REMEMBER, CAN ANYBODY HELP ME?

Well, anyone who cant remember their own collection of games, post them here, im sure someone perhaps can help you out. Anyway, thanks in advance!

Game Number 2)The whole game was based on dominoes, only that you would have to sort out certain dominoes to knock every single one down. I remember that some dominoes were coloured 'red'. -THATS ALL I REMEMBER, CAN ANYBODY HELP ME?

Pushover ?

Pushover ?

1008594[/snapback]

YEEAAH! Thanks a lot man. Just loaded the rom for this game, and it is the right one. Thanks man, really appreciate this. Cheers

• 4 months later...
Game number 1) I remember that my cousin came over and wanted to play the ST. He checked my collection and found 'Shadow of the beast', however on the front of the floppy disk, it was written: 'Shadow of the beast, Amiga Version!?'. I put the floppy in the ST and turned it on. Instead it was not 'Shadow Of The Beast', it was some guy who looked a lot like 'tarzan' (obviously only underpants) who had many 'beams' for weapons. This character could jump onto rocks in high distance. You also have to kill small\large enemies. - THATS ALL I REMEMBER, CAN ANYBODY HELP ME OUT?

Except for the beams, which sounds sort of not familiar, your

description reminds me of "Targhan".

Go to this link, scroll down and check out the screenshots.

Maybe you can tell if its the one you're thinking of. :)

http://www.atarimagazines.com/startv4n8/fo..._fun_of_it.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Anyone? :sad:

I got the ST to work on the PSP, so im playing it that way.

How did you managed to emulate the ST on the PSP?

Greetings

Johannes

Of Course, and it is unbelievably amazing! Playing all my favorite ST games on a handheld without ANY problems is really fun.

Although you do need a 1.5 firmware PSP to play it. Any questions about that, pm or ask me here.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I tell you one thing quite mysterious. I remember playing Rainbow Island on the ST. One day some object fell on my ST keyboard (nothing serious), and it spawned up another character onto the screen for two players. It is a mystery to me because i still cant seem to get two players running at all. I wonder if anyone here actually knows what im talking about...

• 5 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
Does anybody seem to remember Gaunlet? I cant seem to remember properly, but playing this game two-players would give you infinite life.

you mean Gauntlet?, I have the sequel and (for that one anyway) you're right! I did that all the time playing solo to play a very long game... as soon as a player is about to die, start up someone else :)

I had a Mac during the ST days and one of the things i like doing with my ST now is seeing what the equivalent game for the ST looked like. In many cases seeing a game i liked in color like Dark Castle was a real novelity to me :)

I was just curious if the sequel "Beyond Dark Castle" was made for the ST. The ST games databases i looked up at the time I got the ST didn't list it.

• 4 months later...
Does anybody seem to remember Gaunlet? I cant seem to remember properly, but playing this game two-players would give you infinite life.

you mean Gauntlet?, I have the sequel and (for that one anyway) you're right! I did that all the time playing solo to play a very long game... as soon as a player is about to die, start up someone else :)

Works for Gauntlet 1 also

PS G1 is a much closer arcade conversion, almost pixel perfect if you squint at your portable TV :D An awesome conversion and my 1st ST games purchase I think.

I just remembered another Atari ST game I used to play in my childhood days.

BLOOD MONEY!

Unless i'm mistaken, it was one of the few games on the ST, which had one-phrase speech lol. Ahh, good ol' days. Any game I remember playing on the ST, I always post it up here, so i can remember them when I revisit this thread :cool:

Peace!

I just remembered another Atari ST game I used to play in my childhood days.

BLOOD MONEY!

Unless i'm mistaken, it was one of the few games on the ST, which had one-phrase speech lol. Ahh, good ol' days. Any game I remember playing on the ST, I always post it up here, so i can remember them when I revisit this thread :cool:

Peace!

Actually, quite a few games had speech in them.

Blood money is a great game, still love playing it! :)

• 1 month later...

Ok, I've kept this to myself for a long time as I've given up finding out what this game is called:

Console\Computer: Atari ST

Game Type: Platform game

Game Description:

The character you play is dressed as a cave-man (stripped down to his underwear). Like almost every platform game, the aim is to complete each level without being killed. I can't exactly remember what the enemies look like, but what I DO remember is that your character can climb on most rock objects. For its time, the character animation was very smooth and for the attack moves, your character fires some beam-type shots. I also remember that you could jump really high to get to the hard-to-reach platforms. The game design mostly had dull background (darkish) to create that eerie feeling while playing the game.....can't remember much from here.

I actually still own the floppy disk to this game, but I don't have an Atari ST near me to find out what this mystery game is (no label).

Ive given up hope finding out what it is...