IGNORED

Can't Remember ST Game? Ask The Experts!

• 2 weeks later...
Well, i like to create a thread for those who cant remember the names of Atari ST games. This will help people from creating many threads starting with 'can't remember'. However, i am no expert in helping people remember game names, but i'm sure this forum has many people who can help. We agree that Atari has been part of our lives, from the times of recreational purposes when having a break. Playing 'Kick Off 2' after your studies etc. We will never forget these memories, and shall stay with us until the day we die. Therefore, post all those games you cant remember for the ST over here.

To start with, can anybody help me out? :D Please try to understand that i was a little boy when i used to play the following game, therefore i might not be able to remember that much.

Game number 1) I remember that my cousin came over and wanted to play the ST. He checked my collection and found 'Shadow of the beast', however on the front of the floppy disk, it was written: 'Shadow of the beast, Amiga Version!?'. I put the floppy in the ST and turned it on. Instead it was not 'Shadow Of The Beast', it was some guy who looked a lot like 'tarzan' (obviously only underpants) who had many 'beams' for weapons. This character could jump onto rocks in high distance. You also have to kill small\large enemies. - THATS ALL I REMEMBER, CAN ANYBODY HELP ME OUT?

Game Number 2)The whole game was based on dominoes, only that you would have to sort out certain dominoes to knock every single one down. I remember that some dominoes were coloured 'red'. -THATS ALL I REMEMBER, CAN ANYBODY HELP ME?

Well, anyone who cant remember their own collection of games, post them here, im sure someone perhaps can help you out. Anyway, thanks in advance!

First game sounds like Shadow of The Beast 2... the second one, maybe "pushover"? I'm not sure about the second one, though.

I'm trying to find a game that was actually given out free with St Fomrat magazine issue 54 i believe.

It was a shooter game where you moved from left to right to avoid bullet, enemy etc.

I can't recall the name and would love to play it again.

Ok, i just went trhough my ST magazine collection and pulled out ST Format issue #54. There are two games on the cover disc:

- NOVA - a SHMUP reminiscent to Space Invaders and Galaxians (by Arunan Theya-Paran)

and

- Spherical - a Platform demo of Worlds 1 and 3 (by Fusion Design)

So i think the game you are after is NOVA (if it is from ST Format #54).

Hope that helps. :)

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi guys I'm new! long time Atari fan and grew up with an Atari 1040 STf

I decided to post in this thread because i too am searching for the name of a game i used to play. (well actually its for my dad)

So i hope nobody minds that i bumped this thread, i felt it was better to ask my question in here then in a whole new thread.

here's what i remember of the game, its a single screen game (at least i think so)

and the object was to shoot a laser beam from a canon and make it ricochet off the walls, and i guess try to get it to the finish?

My dad would really like to play that again, and i spend a long time looking through the Gamebase screenshots dir but i can't seem to find it.

does anyone here know what its called?

Hi guys I'm new! long time Atari fan and grew up with an Atari 1040 STf

I decided to post in this thread because i too am searching for the name of a game i used to play. (well actually its for my dad)

So i hope nobody minds that i bumped this thread, i felt it was better to ask my question in here then in a whole new thread.

here's what i remember of the game, its a single screen game (at least i think so)

and the object was to shoot a laser beam from a canon and make it ricochet off the walls, and i guess try to get it to the finish?

My dad would really like to play that again, and i spend a long time looking through the Gamebase screenshots dir but i can't seem to find it.

does anyone here know what its called?

Is it this game

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-st-deflektor_9105.html

there is a PD game, but i can not remember the name

• 9 months later...
  • 8 months later...

My stepson who is 30 and has cerebral palsy used to play my ST FM circa 1990-1992. He's now driving the whole house crazy trying to describe a game he used to play so we can try and get hold of it.

He only communicates via hand gestures and limited sign language, so as you can imagine trying to decipher what he's explaining regarding a 90's ST game is limited.

The description is as follows.....

A small green car is driving along and has to jump over holes/gaps. There's a large tree involved, a red 'frame' and a crescent moon in the background.

That's all I have, can anyone help? for the sake of our sanity!

Thanks

Today he decided to tell me about the 'sloping silver corrugated iron roof' (don't ask how he managed that, very long story) which the car can fall off. The roof is in front of the car. Also, when you get killed you lose a 'blue smiling face' which disappears off the screen. You get 5 in total.

Some progress I guess.

Cheers