IGNORED

Relief Pitcher

chris_lynx1989

Who is interested on this forum in buying this game?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who is interested on this forum in buying this game?

• 1.We need a mimimum of possibly a hundred lynxers.
    • 2.We need some devoted folks here.
    • 3.We are looking at a price of at least(at the very least)of $50.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

1.How many are truly interested?

2.Who will really buy/reserve a copy?

3.What price is a limit all can live with for a possibly very limited release?

All lynxers please chime in please!

Your responses here will determine if this sees the light of day in 2006

Yes, i know money is tight for many folks out there.

All numbers i've been told for Pokermania selling in the states in 2005 were less than 100 copies from two vendors in the U.S.A. combined.Not bad,not truly great,

either.

Please show your support if you care in the slightest about this.Thanks in advance

to all lynxers out there.Lynx Up!! :) :)

$50 is a bit steep for a Lynx game, especially since no one has really seen how it plays. I personally would be interested but I would probably wait to see what the reviews were like before I bought one.

Just my 2 cents.

Mitch

This a game I've always been interested in picking up so I would probably would get it. But with new Lynx games coming out around $50 these days, I'm with Mitch in that I would want to hear how good the gameplay is and how complete the game is. I'd be buying the game to play not just to have all the Lynx games on a shelf sitting pretty.

I think I paid $50 for Alpine Games but I didn't order it sight unseen. I waited for a few good reviews and more details about the gameplay.

I think you need to generate some buzz for the game. Show some screenshots and get people interested. After all its just a hobby to most people, so selling large quantities of a game will never happen. However keep the prices down and you might be surprised. $50 is to high in my opionion.

I buy at least one copy of every new Lynx game being released. :)

But we all know Relief Pitcher is not 100% finished, right? So what we are talking about here is a proto reproducion. Not an "official" new release. No approval or license from the original creators of the game etc.

Im sure u will find at lot of buyers with the right price. Its just to bad europeans dont have any intrest in baseball. Fussball is what we like :P

Question: Will the game have box with artwork and instructions?

What are we talking about here?

1. Someone who has the prototype and is going to burn some EPROMs and put them onto a Lynx cartridge board, perhaps with a semi-professionally printed box and manual:

I'd be willing to pay about the cost of producing the cartridges, boxes and manuals, with a very small amount for the hassle of doing so tacked on. I don't want to pay extra to someone who isn't interested in spreading the game rom for the simple fact that they want other Lynxers to enjoy it also.

2. Someone is going to take the source code (or disassemble the existing code) and finish or improve the game:

Yes, I'd pay $50 for it, especially if it turns out to be a good game. I would pay extra to support someone who is coding for the lynx.

Edited by Shawn Jefferson

I am definitely excited about reserving a copy.

Can it be comlynxed up, for two players? If so,

I'm sure some people (like me), would be such

inclined to purchase two copies of the game.

1008714[/snapback]

this is a 2 player comlynx title( i don't have two copies try this though). :(

this has great graphics.it is a 4 meg/512k game with nice speech in it.

$50 is a bit steep for a Lynx game, especially since no one has really seen how it plays. I personally would be interested but I would probably wait to see what the reviews were like before I bought one.

Just my 2 cents.

Mitch

1008769[/snapback]

this could could be higher than the stated $50 possibility.this 4 meg/512k board is expensive to produce.the chips(eeproms) are looking that way too.

it plays rather well.it is better that baseball heroes.it is 90% finished.

This is certainly interesting, but I've a few questions before I even consider it:

1). Has official permission been acquired for this game to be produced and sold?

2). Has the game been modified, improved or "completed" (remember, this is a prototype) in any way, shape or form, based on the original source?

3). Why would the game need to cost (at least) $50 per copy? For this price, certainly the game card would be very high-grade, and some instruction manual and professional box would be included? Yes? If it is game card only, or game card and 1-page instruction sheet, a $50 price tag does not make much sense to me.

I hope you choose to take the time to properly address these questions of mine. I'm certain that others besides myself would care to hear the answers, as well.

Thanks!

I'd buy one. I love baseball. :D

Plus, we gotta support the people bringing us new stuff. I bought Gorf for the Jag as soon as I heard about it.

(And thanks for reminding me about Pokermania... I gotta buy that.)

Cheers,

Smeg