IGNORED

Help - Unknown Apollo Games

Game Rogue

Tempest?

It is getting near a month since I've heard anything about the status of those unknown protos or for that matter any details on the other protos I sent you.

Update please...

Unkknown proto's you say!! This should be good :)

We *think* the game is kyphus, but until someone can dig up a press kit or advertisement that mentions it we can't be sure.

Tempest

Nice reviews, Tempest!

One thing: I noticed that you used the same cartridge scan for both Guardian and Kyphus.

BTW: both Guardian and Kyphus (assuming that it is Kyphus) are from 1982, instead of 1983.

8)

Thanks for the date correction. :)

Those are actually two different pictures, they just look very similar.

It appears that the letters PROTECT, DESTROY, and INYOKE(?) are hidden in the Kyphus rom. Perhaps the robot had different modes you could set? No idea what INYOKE is supposed to be, may be some individual letters that were bunched together for some reason.

Tempest

Those are actually two different pictures, they just look very similar.

Very similar indeed.

I can't find any differences.

No idea what INYOKE is supposed to be, may be some individual letters that were bunched together for some reason.

Maybe it is invoke:

http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/I/invoke.html

8)

Oops you're right, I accidentally did use the Kyphus pic for Guardian, I'll have to fix that. The two cases are almost identical though. :)

Yeah I thought it might be Invoke as well, who knows?

Tempest

Just since this appears interesting to the largest portion of AA visitors

I assume you all consider it important. Although I lost a large amount

of my paperwork and other things, like protos, press kits, copies of my

newsletter and more to a small flood in my basement some yerars ago

I'll try to see if I can find anything on or from anything by Apollo.

Anthony

PS: I used to have a large list of pre release games list every month.

Who knows what I may unearth. I maybe shouldn't promise anything

but I'm even a bit excited that I could find something you guys would

consider a "great find".

'FIRE! So generic....' guardian so perfectly explained :-)

That reminds of the 'i just jump in the water and die' review of 'fisher price' on johnnys site that i read about from the 2600 forum here on atari age. short, funny, acurate and perfect.

Great info on these new protos, tempest, thanks again for your awesome work. Kyphus sure looks like it has a lot of potential. early 3d 3rd person.. title makes me think of archaelogical exploration... Tomb Raiders grandpa perhaps?

I added some more information to my Kyphus page. It appears that the last two digits in the score counter are the room number (there are 64 rooms), and there are graphics for what looks like a monkey in the game code.

Kyphus_monkey.png

Thanks to Thomas Jentzsch for looking at the game code for me (and finding the monkey).

Tempest

Great, glad to see them up on Atariproto site with informative descriptions. Not that I want to toot my own horn (lol) but is there credit tag for locating (owning), giving access to the protos given on the Atariproto site?

I'd like to thank Tempest, Albert and Thomas Jentzsch for all their time and effort regarding the Apollo stuff.

BTW: Are any of the other protos I sent you Tempest, worthy of inclusion to Atariprotos?

BTW2: I still have to get out the Atari 400/800/XE protos.

Edited by Game Rogue

Great, glad to see them up on Atariproto site with informative descriptions. Not that I want to toot my own horn (lol) but is there credit tag for locating (owning), giving access to the protos given on the Atariproto site?

I'd like to thank Tempest, Albert and Thomas Jentzsch for all their time and effort regarding the Apollo stuff.

BTW: Are any of the other protos I sent you Tempest, worthy of inclusion to Atariprotos?

BTW2: I still have to get out the Atari 400/800/XE protos.

1. Check my main page. :)

2. Yes, I'll do write ups for all of them. I just need some time to do them. I've been swamped lately with real world work... :sad:

3. No problem. Take your time. I'm just happy to review them.

Tempest

• 2 weeks later...

Wow.

I just wanted to say that this is amazing. I am astonished that they are resurfacing still; this far after all of this went down as they say. I am amazed at the quality of that game, or at least the way it looks in the screen shots. I am only saddened by the fact that I know nothing of this stuff and cannot help in anyway. I must say the guys involved on this are amazing, and to find, post, give, borrow, use, whatever any of these priceless gaming antiquities is amazing.

Keep up the good work fellow Atarians.

--James

p.s. I will look forward to this if it made public, because it does look very good.

• 2 months later...