IGNORED

Retrogaming Times Monthly Issue #21

RetrogamingMonthlyThe February, 2006 issue of the Retrogaming Times Monthly is now available for online viewing. Issue #21 features the following content and more:
  • Many Faces of "Winter Games"
  • Retrogaming Commercial Vault "Activision Skiing"
  • Interview with Programmer Christian Oberth - Part 1 - Winter Games
  • Nintendo Realm - NES mid to late 1984 titles
  • 8-Bit Face-Off: "Winter Games"
  • Titles of Tengen "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom"
  • Vic 20 Winter Sports Reviews
  • NES Review - "Ski or Die"
Be sure to visit Retrogaming Times Monthly, where you can read the above articles and more!

From the Winter Games Interview:

Chris: I assembled the various events after the others wrote the code and play tested their events. The only event I worked on was ?Speed Skating? as well as the opening and closing ceremonies. I do not recall after 20 years who all helped, or what events everyone did. Maybe RTM could grill the ex Epyx people (Jon Freeman, Jim Connelley).

RTM: We?d love to. If anyone knows how to reach them, let us know. We wonder what event was your favorite, and which one you were the best at?

Both Jon Freeman and Jim Connelley left Epyx long before Winter Games. Another programmer that worked on the C64 version was Richard Ditton who ran Action Graphics back then with his wife. Action Graphics later turned into "Incredible Technologies". They still exist and Richard can still be reached there. They are the last active U.S. Arcade manufacturer these days it seems, probably still doing Golden Tee machines.

I assume other programmers of the C64 version may have been Tim Skelly and Dave Thiel, since not only they are credited for the Amiga version, but also for the C64 version of Championship Wrestling. Action Graphics also did other stuff for Epyx, like "Snow Strike" or the Coleco version of Pitstop.