IGNORED

Lynx Development Kit (Howard/Howdy) For Sale

Tempest

Ok, here's you don't see everyday. I have an Atari Lynx Development system that I would like sell to a aspiring Lynx developer (or just a collector I suppose). This development system is the larger (and better) Howard/Handy type, and not the smaller Pinky/Mandy version. It consists of an Amiga 2000, a Howard box, and a Handy unit (looks like a Lynx I with a ribbon cable coming out of it, but actually has no internals). This particular Howard unit has the rare stereo board in it, so you can develop Lynx games with stereo sound.

I had rescued this little gem from being trashed last year, but in all honesty I have no use for it and would like to see it go to someone who might get some use out of it. I'm not 100% sure if this system works as I have no way to test it, but I was told by the person I got it from that it worked the last time it was used. The Amiga doesn't come with anything but the system itself (no keyboard, no mouse, no monitor, no power supply, etc.). I believe it has a hard drive in it, which I assume has development tools loaded on it but I don't know for sure.

You can see a picture of what the development system looks like here. Mine looks exactly like the one pictured on Back In Time. Just do down the page a bit and you'll see the picture.

http://www.backntime.net/Atari%20Games/Lyn...Prototypes.html

I'm willing to entertain any serious offers.

Tempest

• 2 months later...

Hmm... I wish I could buy this, but A) I'm guessing you want quite a lot of money, and B) A2000s are built like tanks and i'll bet the postage the the UK would cost a fortune.

I already have an A2000, but I don't think it would be a good idea to split the Lynx stuff away from its original 2000... who knows if it'll ever work again?