IGNORED

Atari 2600 Pac-Man or KC Munchkin

pumbaaj

Y'all:

I don't mean to be blasphemous, but-

Which game is better: Pac-Man (the Atari 2600 version) or Odyssey 2's "KC Munchkin". That's the game that Atari sued Magnavox over. I think KC Munchkin is more creative. You can design your own maze, and the characters were cuter and more colorful.

I've been tinkering with my Odyssey 2 (which I bought for $20 new in box on eBay). I remember thinking , when I was a kid, Atari was much superior. Now, it's kind of campy to look back at the fuzzier graphics on Odyssey 2. (Did you know they made an Odyssey 2 version of Popeye and Q-Bert???

Lothar

Well, I have to admit that I've never been a big fan of the 2600 port of Pac Man. Back in the day, one of my friends eagerly rushed out to purchase a copy when it was first released, and I was fortunate enough to go to his home and play it shortly afterward. A couple of rounds convinced me that I didn't want the cart. Yeah, I think that KC was a better game, although I've always felt that the Odyssey2 as a whole suffered in comparison to the 2600. (There were a few outstanding Odyssey titles: Quest for the Rings comes to mind.) Still, I'd probably take the 2600 port of Ms. Pac Man over either Pac-Man or KC. Atari got it right with that one!

quote:

Originally posted by NE146:

However, now with "A Better Pacman" the nod goes back to the 2600 imho.

I would have to agree, I personally like that version of Pac-man more than all the others I own (Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, JR. Pac-Man).