IGNORED

Texas Chainsaw

Gamecavers

I would say a typical collector price for a loose cart would be around $75, but that's just an estimate.

I don't belive it was actually banned per se, but there some protests by social groups when it was released. Therefore many retailers did not carry the game and it had limited distribution. There seem to have been some warehouse finds of this game though, so it isn't all THAT rare. People pay more for it because it has an interesting history, and also there are horror collectors that seek it out.

The manual is kind of hard to find, and the box is extremely difficult to find. I wouldn't be surprised if a boxed copy went over $200 on Ebay. The warehouse finds all seem to have been loose carts, so the boxes still command a premium.

[ 07-08-2001: Message edited by: Alex ]

Although never banned in the U.S., it may have been in other countries due to it's subject (which is what the label for the movie of the same name as well as the movies "The Hills Have Eyes" and "Night Of The Living Dead" states). Never been abroad, so I dunno. In any case, it's certianly tame by modern standards...natually.

[ 07-08-2001: Message edited by: Nukey Shay ]

• 4 weeks later...

Most of the Playaround titles were also not openly shown on the counters.

All of these titles were usually kept in the back room or under the counters where in you had to more or less request it to buy them.

Back in the early 80s the subject matter was contrivercial (SIC) to say the least. Now they aren't any big deal. But they are rare due to such low distribution.

The only game i ever heard of even rumored of being banned was ClusterREvenge Adult game in Oklahoma due to it looking like it was degrading Native American Women. now if it really did happen i dont know but it was in some artical i saw dated 1982. If so then maybe its the only one known to be like that?