IGNORED

No longer for sale

walter_J64bit

Well, whoever is responsible for this game being pulled, thanks alot! :( I was just going to order my copy this morning, bugs or no bugs. I just learned of the existence of this game last week from these message boards, and was excited at the idea that finally... almost 25 years later, we have a home console version of Gorf that contains all 5 stages. By the way, I already own a real Gorf arcade machine, so I have every legal right to own the rom, as well. I wonder, if the game was pulled due to copyright issues, if it was because of the Galaxians level being included- same reason it wasn't included in the home versions back in the early 80's.

Most have conducted themselves in a civilized manner, go back and read all the glowing praise about the game.

Disagreeing like NovaXpress did, or trying to learn just who owns what (Like a few of my post were), aren't trying to stir up a war. There were no criticisms that I saw, just praise, but for some reason it still made the developers mad.

As for this war between AtariAge and a message board I've never visited before, I don't know, it all just seems stupid.

Edited by Atariboy

Ok, it's been a day now as I said I would give myself (almost 24 hours to the minute) before I posted.

Since my post I have had a lot of people writing me not to sell my Jaguar collection because, if nothing else if I left Bubsy would loose his fan club and fall into obscurity. :)

Nope was showing my Jag collection to my brother in law last night and realized a bunch of great titles I wanted to show him. So yeh I might seemed a bit over the top yesterday, but I was furious.

Anyway, so that's that. I'll wait with the rest for a happy ending on this.

Hi Doc!

Ok, it's been a day now as I said I would give myself (almost 24 hours to the minute) before I posted.

Since my post I have had a lot of people writing me not to sell my Jaguar collection because, if nothing else if I left Bubsy would loose his fan club and fall into obscurity.  :)

Nope was showing my Jag collection to my brother in law last night and realized a bunch of great titles I wanted to show him.  So yeh I might seemed a bit over the top yesterday, but I was furious.

Anyway, so that's that.  I'll wait with the rest for a happy ending on this.

1013849[/snapback]

And don't forget: If you would loose your interest in the Jaguar, we would have no longer any topics to share when chatting sundays! ;-)

Bye!

Matthias

Hi!

- Albert, for having to deal with the Jaguar community. At this rate I don't think anyone would blame you if you removed all references to the Jag from AA. Just keep this experience in mind if you ever get some kind of crazy notion of opening a Neo Geo forum.

1013494[/snapback]

Sorry, but are you suggesting to remove the whole Jaguar information and even the Jaguar forum completely from Atariage?

If that happens, you tear appart the last remains of a community.

It may be frustrating sometimes and there will always be people who try to ruin it for others and enjoy that (like all those trolls and flame war addicts), but we may not forget all the loyal people, that prefer to stay out of most discussions.

And we may not forget all those who do not post at all and just read Atariage.

We can't count how many they are, if they don't show their face in public, but all I know is, they are more than we can imagine. I am always surprised how many new people I meet on the events and how many of them say, Atariage was like a home to them, but they do not post, because they have nothing important to say. They just enjoy being here.

Without a community the Jaguar is nothing but a piece of history.

Regards, Lars.

Hi!

- Albert, for having to deal with the Jaguar community. At this rate I don't think anyone would blame you if you removed all references to the Jag from AA. Just keep this experience in mind if you ever get some kind of crazy notion of opening a Neo Geo forum.

1013494[/snapback]

Sorry, but are you suggesting to remove the whole Jaguar information and even the Jaguar forum completely from Atariage?

If that happens, you tear appart the last remains of a community.

It may be frustrating sometimes and there will always be people who try to ruin it for others and enjoy that (like all those trolls and flame war addicts), but we may not forget all the loyal people, that prefer to stay out of most discussions.

And we may not forget all those who do not post at all and just read Atariage.

We can't count how many they are, if they don't show their face in public, but all I know is, they are more than we can imagine. I am always surprised how many new people I meet on the events and how many of them say, Atariage was like a home to them, but they do not post, because they have nothing important to say. They just enjoy being here.

Without a community the Jaguar is nothing but a piece of history.

Regards, Lars.

1013853[/snapback]

Don't worry, Lars. The Jaguar community isn't going anywhere here. The vast majority of people who post here are great, friendly people. A few idiots who prefer chaos to order will not ruin that for everyone else. ;-)

I also apologise for any part I may have played in the "flame war" but I was not going to stand back and let people try to make a fool of me, insult my friends in the community, attack Albert (and AA in general) and demean the hard work made by the likes of Lars, Carl and Matthias. I think its safe to say I'll just stay on this forum from now on and ignore the idiots on the other forum who just want to bring us all down to their level.

LONG LIVE THE JAGUAR!

I also apologise for any part I may have played in the "flame war" but I was not going to stand back and let people try to make a fool of me, insult my friends in the community, attack Albert (and AA in general) and demean the hard work made by the likes of Lars, Carl and Matthias. I think its safe to say I'll just stay on this forum from now on and ignore the idiots on the other forum who just want to bring us all down to their level.

LONG LIVE THE JAGUAR!

1013858[/snapback]

Lol...there's this whole other side to this drama that I don't even know about because of this 'mystery' forum I've never even seen. Kizza, you're cool man and I wouldn't even apologize about flame wars and such...sometimes you just gotta tell people like it is. There's definitely been some weirdness lately.

....and is it any wonder why I want nothing to do with this place....

You know it is too bad that ONLY my negatives post get deleted and Nova X is Still

allowed to call me a liar, unfairly. I DO own the only authorized version. I should have been clearer I guess. It is one third more authorized than the illegal intellectual properties on your hard drive Nova. It is a shame I cant even go back and look at what I said to see if I miss posted But I remember CLEARY disclosing it was only Jamie I spoke to on the matter. My posts were deleted so I cant tell.

Now you come here and tell BS and I have no way to know exactly what I posted.

I may very well have made it sound like I was fully in the right, but it was not my intention.

The fact of the matter is the first e-mail I got from Jamie, she gave me the go

ahead...not making ANY mention of others involved. I still have the e-mail

somewhere..I will look for it. This recent round of post's by you are just

laughable. Any lie you accuse me of was created out of your own desire to

justify your illegal ROMS. I at least have, yes STILL HAVE, partial permission.

I know I STILL have it because Jamie e-mailed me over the weekend confiming

this and giving me the ENTIRE breakdown of what is going on.

Show me your e-mail from ANYONE concerned with Gorf's right's. Oh that's right,

I forgot. You dont have any. I stopped Gorf from sale because I am TRULY trying

to be honest about this. Now let's see if you will erase your illegal ROMs images.

You can call me a liar untruly, but clearly you are stealing. I own several ROM images on my hard drive...KEY WORD...OWN I own the machines. I also repair

arcades and can get ANY ROM I want. But I inly burn new ROMS for whomever need it for their machine and that is that.

Nova, my honest opinion about the whole ROM's issue is I think they should

release all to the public after 10 years or dormancy. However Nova, that is not

that case. I helped write parts of MAME and am working on some Jaguar stuff for

MESS...specifically the ASTROCADE drivers. Us MAME authors wrote MAME to

PRESERVE the classsic, not have everyone steal them. Truth is I can give you a real legal problem over owning those ROMS if you indeed do as I do have PARTIAL say in Gorf..I cant do anything with it now untill I clear up the other two thirds.

I am only guessing this but, she must have thought Scott(JagMod)

was e-mailing her( the first contact I made) , who she met at a gaming show where he was showing off an early proto-type of Jaguar Gorf Classic. I m

assuming he had already spoken with her. I was NOT told the whole story...I am quite sure it was not her intentions and I am sure it is because she may have thought I was Scott..My guess..I dont know...Maybe Scott can shed some light.

MY intentions were not to lie to anyone...I told you the truth according to what I knew . Thanks to you I am even more aware and have done that which is right.

Gorf is done for until I hear from the rest.

I hope this clears it up.

Say what you want but you really are talking with half the story.

Steven

Don't worry, Lars.  The Jaguar community isn't going anywhere here.  The vast majority of people who post here are great, friendly people.  A few idiots who prefer chaos to order will not ruin that for everyone else. ;-)

1013855[/snapback]

1013858[/snapback]

While I can understand both of you not being too pleased for being attacked over on JS2 (there's an entire hateful thread full of lies devoted to me as well!), I don't want to stoop to their level by bandying about insults.

Thanks,

..Al

....and is it any wonder why I want nothing to do with this place....

You know it is too bad that ONLY my negatives post get deleted and Nova X is Still

allowed to call me a liar, unfairly. I DO own the only authorized version. I should have been clearer I guess. It is one third more authorized than the illegal intellectual properties on your hard drive Nova. It is a shame I cant even go back and look at what I said to see if I miss posted But I remember CLEARY disclosing it was only Jamie I spoke to on the matter. My posts were deleted so I cant tell.

I may very well have made it sound like I was fully in the right, but it was not my intention.

The fact of the matter is the first e-mail I got from Jamie, she gave me the go

ahead...not making ANY mention of others involved. I still have the e-mail

somewhere..I will look for it. This recent  round of post's by you are just

laughable. Any lie you accuse me of was created out of your own desire to

justify your illegal ROMS. I at least have, yes STILL HAVE, partial permission.

I know I STILL have it because Jamie e-mailed me over the weekend confiming

this and giving me the ENTIRE breakdown of what is going on.

Show me your e-mail from ANYONE concerned with Gorf's right's. Oh that's right,

I forgot. You dont have any. I stopped Gorf from sale because I am TRULY trying

to be honest about this. Now let's see if you will erase your illegal ROMs images.

You can call me a liar untruly, but clearly you are stealing. I own several ROM images on my hard drive...KEY WORD...OWN I own the machines. I also repair

arcades and can get ANY ROM I want. But I inly burn new ROMS for whomever need it for their machine and that is that.

Nova, my honest opinion about the whole ROM's issue is I think they should

release all to the public after 10 years or dormancy. However Nova, that is not

that case. I helped write parts of MAME and am working on some Jaguar stuff for

MESS...specifically the ASTROCADE drivers. Us MAME authors wrote MAME to

PRESERVE the classsic, not have everyone steal them. Truth is I can give you a real legal problem over owning those ROMS if you indeed do as I do have PARTIAL say in Gorf..I cant do anything with it now untill I clear up the other two thirds.

I am only guessing this but, she must have thought Scott(JagMod)

was e-mailing her( the first contact I made) , who she met at a gaming show where he was showing off an early proto-type of Jaguar Gorf Classic. I m

assuming he had already spoken with her. I was NOT told the whole story...I am quite sure it was not her intentions and I am sure it is because she may have thought I was Scott..My guess..I dont know...Maybe Scott can shed some light.

MY intentions were not to lie to anyone...I told you the truth according to what I knew . Thanks to you I am even more aware and have done that which is right.

Gorf is done for until I hear from the rest.

I hope this clears it up.

Say what you want but you really are talking with half the story.

Steven

1014010[/snapback]

Thanks for clearing that up, Gorf. :thumbsup:

Had he not flown off the handle, people wouldn't have been asking in the first place.  Gorf brought this on himself by attacking anyone who responded to him including those who were trying to defend him.  The really sad thing is that this whole situation was intentionally blown out of proportion by two instigators who WOULD like to see a rift created in the Jaguar community and Gorf got caught in the middle.

1013721[/snapback]

Defending myself is NOT flying off the handle. I never ATTACKED ANYONE defending me. IF I had something hard to say to someone, I had good reason, At leat I felt so. Say what you want but your clearly being one sided.

You obviously had too much of the "Thunderbird" kool-aid. :roll:

I should start selling tinfoil hats (spare me with your JC Penny jokes). :ponder: :D

Had he not flown off the handle, people wouldn't

Defending myself is NOT flying off the handle. I never ATTACKED ANYONE defending me. IF I had something hard to say to someone, I had good reason, At leat I felt so. Say what you want but your clearly being one sided.

1014024[/snapback]

If I were so one sided as you claim, I wouldn't have purchased a copy of your game. How many times are you going to repeat yourself out of curiosity? That's like the 30th time you've said that to me.

Have you read NovaXpress and Megamanfan's responses to you in this thread, or are you only being a selective reader?

Oh and just let me say this...If I did unfairly attack or get on some one I appologize. If you read what is left of the thread"Gorf For Sale" you will see

I was there to be helpful for a GOOD portion of the thread at first.

I made a joke about Nebraska and Mega Man sent me a what I took as a condesending PM(like SKU_U did) and made it sound like I was the only one

being unreasonable. Go back and read them and try to see them from MY point

of view. I know..that does not matter..I came here with good intentions. I got

two nimrods who had to be right even when they were wrong. I had my post

deleted edited and used to complain to me about negativeness and all the others

being negative never had there quotes used in that letter. That was Albert who did that. Weather it was intentional or not, it was bad timming...ALL of this mounted as my only goal here was to be supportive to those who purchased or want to purchaes gorf. I have worked VERY well in my life in Customer Service with hardly any trouble even from the worst of customers, but I have NEVER dealt with this.

Even AFTER I tried to make a plea to peace I got an attitude post from YOU Sku...go back and read it. try to be me when you do.

enough is enough....I wanted to make a game for the Jaguar community and unforunatley I DID get caught in the middle. I unfortunately did not handle it as best as I can, but then I was never treated like this before either. No excuse but I am only human From where I sat when all this started, came across as a pile on.

anyway. I hope all of this just goes away. It's just not worth it. I have games to make.

Had he not flown off the handle, people wouldn't

1014024[/snapback]

If I were so one sided as you claim, I wouldn't have purchased a copy of your game. How many times are you going to repeat yourself out of curiosity? That's like the 30th time you've said that to me.

Have you read NovaXpress and Megamanfan's responses to you in this thread, or are you only being a selective reader?

1014033[/snapback]

Yeah I have read it and it seems nothing has changed. I buy many games, It does not mean I am not biased against the person who wrote it. That proves nothing to me....I know you think you post perfectly and politely but I was the one who recieved it and it was condesending. Trust me.

Oh and just let me say this...If I did unfairly attack or get on some one I appologize. If you read what is left of the thread"Gorf For Sale" you will see

I was there to be helpful for  a GOOD portion of the thread at first.

I made a joke about Nebraska and Mega Man sent me a what I took as a condesending PM(like SKU_U did) and made it sound like I was the only one

being negative never had there quotes used in that letter. That was Albert who did that. Weather it was intentional or not, it was bad timming...ALL of this mounted as my only goal here was to be supportive to those who purchased or want to purchaes gorf. I have worked VERY well in my life in Customer Service with hardly any trouble even from the worst of customers, but I have NEVER dealt with this.

Even AFTER I tried to make a plea to peace I got an attitude post from YOU Sku...go back and read it. try to be me when you do.

enough is enough....I wanted to make a game for the Jaguar community and unforunatley I DID get caught in the middle. I unfortunately did not handle it as best as I can, but then I was never treated like this before either. No excuse but I am only human From where I sat when all this started,  came across as a pile on.

anyway. I hope all of this just goes away. It's just not worth it. I have games to make.

1014047[/snapback]

What makes you think I only PMmed you? I spoke to 8 other people in that thread privately telling them to cool it, FYI.

I should start selling tinfoil hats (spare me with your JC Penny jokes). :ponder: :D

1014029[/snapback]

Ok Sku_u tell me I m the one starting this.

Spare me with your fight starting posts against people who cant be here to answer you.

Yeah I have read it and it seems nothing has changed. I buy many games, It does not mean I am not biased against the person who wrote it. That proves nothing to me....I know you think you post perfectly and politely but I was the one who recieved it and it was condesending. Trust me.

1014049[/snapback]

I'D NEVER BUY A PRODUCT FROM SOMEONE I DO NOT LIKE. GO BACK THROUGH MY POST HISTORY TO SEE HOW I FEEL ABOUT CORPORATIONS AND WALMART IN PARTICULAR IF YOU DO NOT BELIEVE ME.

As I've said to you a million times, THE ONLY PERSON YOU ARE IN CONFLICT WITH IS YOURSELF. STOP TRYING TO CREATE CONFLICT WHERE THERE IS NONE!!!

• Like 2

I was there to be helpful for  a GOOD portion of the thread at first.

enough is enough....I wanted to make a game for the Jaguar community and unforunatley I DID get caught in the middle. I unfortunately did not handle it as best as I can, but then I was never treated like this before either. No excuse but I am only human From where I sat when all this started,  came across as a pile on.

1014047[/snapback]

What makes you think I only PMmed you? I spoke to 8 other people in that thread privately telling them to cool it, FYI.

1014050[/snapback]

You'd never know as they did NOT cool it.

1014029[/snapback]

Ok Sku_u tell me I m the one starting this.

Spare me with your fight starting posts against people who cant be here to answer you.

1014051[/snapback]

Why don't you PM Albert to find out exactly why he is not here. He'd be happy to give you his half of the story. I know you've heard Thunderbird's side in his many tirades about Atariage and Albert over at JSII.